Turtle SEA Network Release Information

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Turtle SEA Network Release Information

Post by Akalix » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:46 pm

Greetings everyone! We are here to share some more information regarding our SEA Network.

Multiple Realms

Our SEA launch will include two PvE realms, Ravenshire and Hogger. This will ensure ample room for the population, and provide a low ping option for a wide variety of locations.
  • Ravenshire will be located in Singapore, providing low latency for the OCE/SEA region.
  • Hogger will be located in Russia, providing low latency for the Chinese mainland region.

Timeline

Both realms are now privately online for final-phase testing. If no urgent issues arise, we will be officially launching Saturday, the 9th.

Network Connections and Transfers

We are planning to allow the one-way transfer of accounts starting Day 1 from our EU Network to our SEA Network. Higher-level characters will initially be locked and will be unlocked gradually as players level.

Unfortunately, it is not technically feasible for our Asian and European networks to be connected. This means we will not be able to have cross-network battlegrounds or any sort of shared infrastructure.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Isvya

Re: Turtle SEA Network Release Information

Post by Isvya » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:54 pm

"We are planning to allow the transfer of accounts starting Day 1 from our EU Network to our SEA Network. Higher-level characters will initially be locked and will be unlocked gradually as players level."

this is really bad imo, just copy over everything as it is.

Aight lets say you kill ossirian in aq20, which is lets be honest a joke. Now you cant transfer until AQ gates have opened on the fresh server?
How is this gonna work?

also how you gonna prevent them from pooling up gold? they can literally come together trade everything to a level 1 -> transfer -> trade to next guy -> transfer (they can do the same with BoEs so goldcap wont work)
or once you transfer your character will be gone from the eu realm?
or you gonna snapshot everything before the new realm opens?
alot of questions here...

Xerilin
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Xerilin » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:56 pm

Thank you Turtle team for getting this done even faster than you initially said. Your commitment is appreciated. I hope, everything goes well and smooth.

Balake

Post by Balake » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:56 pm

Higher-level characters will initially be locked and will be unlocked gradually as players level.

Why are you putting roadblocks in front of the whole purpose of this operation. If you don't let people transfer all their characters from the beginning, they'll simply decide to not transfer. Low level players won't transfer their character because they want to play with their high level friends and guildmates.

As far as we're told, the server will have everything released from day one, no progressive patches, so I really don't see the point. Nobody cares about whatever milestones are gonna happen.

So transfers for level 60s who ran raids are not allowed until accounts from the new realm start running raids. and transfers for level 60s who have a high pvp rank are not allowed until accounts from the new realm reach high pvp ranks.. nobody wants that maintenance_turtle

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:59 pm

Balake wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:56 pm
Higher-level characters will initially be locked and will be unlocked gradually as players level.

Why are you putting roadblocks in front of the whole purpose of this operation. If you don't let people transfer all their characters from the beginning, they'll simply decide to not transfer. Low level players won't transfer their character because they want to play with their high level friends and guildmates.

As far as we're told, the server will have everything released from day one, no progressive patches, so I really don't see the point. Nobody cares about whatever milestones are gonna happen.

So transfers for level 60s who ran raids are not allowed until accounts from the new realm start running raids. and transfers for level 60s who have a high pvp rank are not allowed until accounts from the new realm reach high pvp ranks.. nobody wants that maintenance_turtle
exactly my thoughts.

you could have just oepend a fresh eu server with these limits. it would result the same.

Balake

Post by Balake » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:01 pm

Isvya wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:54 pm
also how you gonna prevent them from pooling up gold? they can literally come together trade everything to a level 1 -> transfer -> trade to next guy -> transfer (they can do the same with BoEs so goldcap wont work)
or once you transfer your character will be gone from the eu realm?
or you gonna snapshot everything before the new realm opens?
alot of questions here...
Isvya also raises a very good point. The way blizzard handled moving from classic era to tbc, they took a snapshot of every character in the moment transfers were enabled, so that nobody can do trading shenanigans and move their gold around to duplicate it.

The way it should work is, the minute the SEA servers open, they are a perfect replica of the current twow server just hosted elsewhere.

A divergent split like this will give people the option "I'm an australian player, now my character is in all 3 realms, I can decide which one I want to play one, and I can even play on multiple. Maybe I will make my character (a paladin) into healer in the old server to continue raiding with my guildmates from an NA or EU guild. And the SEA realm copy of the character I will make it retribution and pvp with it."

It's a big win in general to simply make the realms into copies of the current realm and let it play out organically as people move to their preferred place with no roadblocks or arbitrary rules.

Boogie

Post by Boogie » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:53 pm

Hi Akalix,
This is incredible news. Will the Singapore server be in English? If yes, this is a dream come true.
Last edited by Boogie on Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:54 pm

please dont lock the levels just let them all transfer on day one! consider this

Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:14 am

Akalix wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:46 pm
We are planning to allow the one-way transfer of accounts starting Day 1 from our EU Network to our SEA Network. Higher-level characters will initially be locked and will be unlocked gradually as players level.
I am also going to ask why. These aren’t FRESH servers. The only reason I can see to do this is maybe to lessen the workload of dealing with transfer requests. But even then it seems like a bad idea that could ultimately discourage players from transferring. Isn’t the transfer process fairly easy to automate anyway?

Ichiro51

Post by Ichiro51 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:32 am

does this means the eu server would not support kanji since tomorrow? and is there any information about the sea server client?

Dean1989

Post by Dean1989 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:27 am

Can I use a Chinese ID on my new Asian Service?

Btby77

Post by Btby77 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:50 am

You seem to have forgotten that we have invested in donating. I want to use my purchased items as soon as possible instead of waiting and waiting

Lastmage

Post by Lastmage » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:11 am

Take my knee

Ronin321

Post by Ronin321 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:00 am

大陆QQ交流群(758168748)

Sekii

Post by Sekii » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:46 am

Is the client of Asian Service the same as that of European Service? How is the sinicization work going? Are the plugins the same as European Service?

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:00 am

Boogie wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:53 pm
Hi Akalix,
This is incredible news. Will the Singapore server be in English? If yes, this is a dream come true.
Both new servers seem to be Chinese.

Boogie

Post by Boogie » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:16 am

Xerilin wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:00 am
Boogie wrote:
Hi Akalix,
Is that based on anything they've said or an assumption? Not saying it's a bad assumption, I'm just wanting it to be clarified.

In Oceania and Singapore the dominant "common" language is English, hence I would like to know.

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:18 am

Boogie wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:16 am
Xerilin wrote:
Boogie wrote:
Hi Akalix,
Is that based on anything they've said or an assumption? Not saying it's a bad assumption, I'm just wanting it to be clarified.
They've confirmed it on discord. Several people asked the same thing, when the announcement dropped. It seems kind of unclear, if there maybe will be some English support in addition the Chinese, but it is mainly intended as Chinese in any case.

Boogie

Post by Boogie » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:30 am

Xerilin wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:18 am
Boogie wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:16 am
Xerilin wrote:

They've confirmed it on discord. Several people asked the same thing, when the announcement dropped. It seems kind of unclear, if there maybe will be some English support in addition the Chinese, but it is mainly intended as Chinese in any case.
Cool thanks. They must have a lot of Chinese speaking log ins from Singapore/Malaysia/etc

Axledg

Post by Axledg » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:42 am

Akalix wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:46 pm
Greetings everyone! We are here to share some more information regarding our SEA Network.

Multiple Realms

Our SEA launch will include two PvE realms, Ravenshire and Hogger. This will ensure ample room for the population, and provide a low ping option for a wide variety of locations.
  • Ravenshire will be located in Singapore, providing low latency for the OCE/SEA region.
  • Hogger will be located in Russia, providing low latency for the Chinese mainland region.

Timeline

Both realms are now privately online for final-phase testing. If no urgent issues arise, we will be officially launching Saturday, the 9th.

Network Connections and Transfers

Unfortunately, it is not technically feasible for our Asian and European networks to be connected. This means we will not be able to have cross-network battlegrounds or any sort of shared infrastructure.
Perhaps you guys should open an FAQ for this change

Such as
Do we need a new client for either of the new servers?
How long will account transfers be locked based on progress? What is the unlocking process based on? (Gear, level, raids completed, attunements, gold/items on character)
How do players create new accounts/connect to Ravenshire or Hogger?

I am sure many others could add more questions for an FAQ

Anyway, SUPER HAPPY this is happening now. As someone pushing for you guys to get this sorted asap, makes me very happy to see this happening now. Congrats all on the new servers.

Zulnam
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Zulnam » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:51 am

Is that a permanent blocker or is it something that can be built in time?

Bolobangbing

Post by Bolobangbing » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:01 am

so when we can download the client?

Juhua4memeda

Post by Juhua4memeda » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:29 am

什么时候可以下载汉化客户端

Xjanusx

Post by Xjanusx » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:18 am

Hey, how is this even working?

Do we need a new client? Where can you make the new accounts? What's the realmlist? How are the transfer handled?

So many questions....

Ellisiumwow

Post by Ellisiumwow » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:58 am

星金平威尼普

Safie

Post by Safie » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:16 pm

Just one question. What happens if they won't transfer?

Ellisiumwow

Post by Ellisiumwow » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:06 pm

Safie wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:16 pm
there will be no changes?:) I think they will transfer, as new servers wont have the queue and it will be only chinese community there, so they can normally interact with each other, what is the point not to transfer? Also they will have fresh servers which is also a plus for new players.

So lets summ up:

1. Chinese community & support
2. No queue
3. Low ping
4. Fresh servers

Safie

Post by Safie » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:41 pm

Ellisiumwow wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:06 pm
Safie wrote:
there will be no changes?:) I think they will transfer, as new servers wont have the queue and it will be only chinese community there, so they can normally interact with each other, what is the point not to transfer? Also they will have fresh servers which is also a plus for new players.

So lets summ up:

2. No queue
3. Low ping
4. Fresh servers

I am really trying to stay optimistic. Thank you for helping with that. smiling_turtle

Aizawakai

Post by Aizawakai » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:54 pm

Ellisiumwow wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:06 pm
Safie wrote:

So lets summ up:

2. No queue
3. Low ping
4. Fresh servers
As a WoW player in China, I know that RMT behavior used to be very common on Chinese servers, and it was precisely because of RMT activities that it eroded the enjoyment of most Chinese players in WoW. On the European server of TurtleWoW, I have already experienced a management approach that prohibits RMT. However, on the new server, I am unsure whether the same policy will be in place. What I do know is that many RMT teams are already preparing to establish a presence on the new server.
Another issue is that there is a time difference between Europe and China. The server queue situation typically persists from 13:00 to 24:00 Beijing time. Therefore, whether there will be server queue on the new server remains to be seen and will only become apparent after the server opens.

Geojak
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Geojak » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:40 pm

There is a big lack of info's at from us non Chinese standpoint.

What's the new website? https://cn.turtle-wow.org/ but it's down

Where to download the Chinese client? Probably o nthe website in Chinese that's down.
What's the new server list setting? Some non Chinese might want to play, there like Australians or Russian.

Do you need a new account? How to register it? How to transfer an old account?

IF you could answer these and put it somewhere for peolle to see, that would help alot at the moment. As there are no info's available on English website and froum and discord only says its available but we know nothing else.

Maybe in a few hours

Geojak
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Geojak » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:46 pm

Thx for the update on discord jamey. I just needed to wait 2 more minutes

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:16 pm

Good luck with the launch!

Forzamilanlyt

Post by Forzamilanlyt » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:53 pm

queue.............................................................................................................

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:30 am

Forzamilanlyt wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:53 pm
queue.............................................................................................................
Never play on patch day. Torta said this on discord a few hours ago:

"Our new realms, Hogger and Ravenshire, are currently placing new players in a queue, even if the server's player capacity hasn't been reached. This is a network issue on our hosting side, which we cannot resolve in the middle of the night. We are hoping to get it resolved by Sunday or Monday. If the issue with queues persists, we are considering expanding our network by adding more realms. The decision will be made after observing the project's operation in the coming days."

Keyeokeyeo1

Post by Keyeokeyeo1 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:25 am

GOD, both new servers are having queue of 10k+++++++!!
I had to queue for 10 hours to login into the GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!