Afterdeath Content, Tent-like Funerals, HC Ghost, Optional Passing on, Tombstones

Mativh

Afterdeath Content, Tent-like Funerals, HC Ghost, Optional Passing on, Tombstones

Post by Mativh » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:42 pm

I'd like to gather here some of my HC-related suggestions as I feel it's the right place for them:

1. After level 10, allow players to remain in the world after death as ghosts
It would be nice if we could say goodbye etc as we get quite attached to our HC chars. There could be also dead-only RP abilities that could be used on living players, like "Spook" or "Eerie Presence" that would be displayed as a debuff.

2. Pass on from ghost to perma logged out by choice
Having an option as a ghost to speak to the Mysterious Stranger again, who has said when we accepted the quest that "Should you die, your soul will forever be mine", or perhaps the Spirit Healer to "pass on / go beyond" and only then get logged out for good without being able to remain as a ghost

3. Tombstones after death
(no need to describe anymore, I was happy to see this being implemented)

4. Funerals similar to the social gathering under tents
For the sake of immersion and roleplay, there could be something implemented to be able to have funerals as hardcore players, like a living player could collect the remains that would be at the place of death by clicking on a tombstone and deliver the remains to an NPC that is a spiritual leader of the race of the deceased (an orc shaman, an undead shadow priest) at a designated or nearest graveyard, then the NPC would say a script with the name of the dead one replaced like in quest texts, perhaps other replaceable info like what caused the death or where, then a tombstone appears in the graveyard like in the previous suggestion, then a little feast would appear nearby. The time spent on the funeral would provide a minor buff or something like a tent xp boost to promote socializing. Of course the players can already organise such activities with a little bit of imagination but I think this would be a memorable activity and make the perma death feel more significant in the community.

The player who would collect the remains of a deceased hardcore player could receive honor points for delivering them to the funeral NPC. There are quests of somewhat similar nature, for example in Deathknell.
It makes sense RP-wise that such activities would increase ones honor, not only killing the members of a hostile faction.
(There is one worry; someone being sabotaged on HC to trigger a funeral event for the rested bonus and for the honor from the collected remains, therefore the collection should be restricted to the players of the same faction and perhaps some other limits like the amount of honor being symbolic and a delay between delivery and the start of the funeral)

5. Emerald Dream-like afterlife content
This one is tied to the first idea; there are some NPCs in the game that are only visible while being a ghost, not only the Spirit Healers, but also quest givers, with a quest only obtainable while being dead
(Dark Iron Legacy), this concept could be a foundation of sort of an afterlife/parallel world available only to ghosts of both HC and non-HC characters, may it be quests around the world, NE wisps cleansing corruption, Forsaken being shadows (like the shadow NPC models), attackable mobs only visible as ghosts, with some dead-only available abilities or objects that one could interact with, the actions of the dead having an impact on the living world and viceversa, or even something on a much smaller scale, lore-wise this could potentially be a goldmine for some rather creative and unique content.
Last edited by Mativh on Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Karico

Re: Afterlife, Tent-like Funerals, HC Ghost, Optional Passing on, Tombstones

Post by Karico » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:41 pm

i like this would be cool to experience being watched

Cousinsmarsh

Re: Afterlife, Tent-like Funerals, HC Ghost, Optional Passing on, Tombstones

Post by Cousinsmarsh » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:38 pm

I had this idea about the tombstone being clickable by HC players 10 levels or so below the player that died. Giving them a window to put themselves at great risk for a reward. If they reach and collect this grave, they get a portion of the dead player's money. Imagine a bunch of HC level 10's rushing to get first at the grave of a dead level 20 and so on.