Consider making Revantusk Daily "Lighting the Pyres" easier to complete

Specialweek

Consider making Revantusk Daily "Lighting the Pyres" easier to complete

Post by Specialweek » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:55 pm

Hi,

There's been a fix recently where the pyres in "Lighting the Pyres" (https://database.turtle-wow.org/?quest=80301) now have a cast time and cannot be clicked multiple times.

This changes makes a lot of sense, but I think it had the unintended side-effect of making this quest significantly harder to complete when it's busy. Often there's multiple people in the area trying to nab one of the pyres.

I can think of the following suggestions that I think would be a improvement for this quest:
- Add more pyres deep inside the cave. There's only 2 deep inside, I think adding a few more would be great.
- Reduce the number of pyres required to complete the quest. If adding new pyres is a challenge, then simply reducing the amount required might have a similar effect.
- Add more dailies. Definitely the most amount of work, but if there are more dailies, then I think it's likely that people spread out and the pyres are less contested.

I hope this makes sense. I think it's great that there's a daily quest that takes _some_ amount of time, but having to compete with others also looking to complete the quest is just no fun for anyone, and I don't see the point.

Mac

Re: Consider making Revantusk Daily "Lighting the Pyres" easier to complete

Post by Mac » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:46 am

I seem to recall the quest originally being three pyres.

Lithonil

Post by Lithonil » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:58 am

Mac wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:46 am
I seem to recall the quest originally being three pyres.
It was. Then they changed it to 8 I believe and now they have changed so you can't spam them to get several pyres in one. Adding more pyres or lowering it down to say 5 would probably help a lot.

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:05 am

This daily quest is working as intended.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Specialweek

Post by Specialweek » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:26 pm

I think the patch from September 4 (viewtopic.php?t=9297) fixes the problem adequately.

Namely this change:
The Spirit Pyres in Amani'Alor will now only burn for 15 seconds for parity with the Alliance version of this quest.

Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:19 am

Thanks for the fix!

Bluecow89

Post by Bluecow89 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:42 pm

I just haven't updated so i can still spam click them :D