Extra Dungeon Features

Withinamnesia

Extra Dungeon Features

Post by Withinamnesia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:39 am

Please do not add a teleport to dungeon feature XD. World chat works great for finding people; with cross faction it helps even more.

Perhaps having the vanilla summoning stones working would be the limit of summon to dungeon infrastructure. Those help people get that last person who could go but they are on the other side of the world. Also it would be funny for horde to summon alliance into Ragefire Chasm entrance and alliance players to summon horde players to the Stockades entrance; accept and run like hell XD! Hey it could make those dungeons cross-faction XD!

Also if raids had summoning stones it would save warlocks from being summon slaves and farming soul shards. No one likes that job of being a summoning slave XD. No one likes to farm soul shards either. I know 40 man raids are not quite happening here yet (one day!) but 40 people is a lot. Especially if you are getting world buffs and need multiple summons XD.

Although one thing I did like of the WotLK dungeon finder was the bag of spoils at the end. So many times people stop running dungeons because they have all the gear etc.

Although with some type of spoils bag (with cool stuff like tabards, bags, chance for a blue ring, amulet, trinket, shoulders, helms, wrist, etc.) it would help people have more reason to revisit 'spent' dungeons and get a bag of spoils at the end with a random 'meh pretty good' reward at the end.

The shared loot pool for each dungeon could drop off the end boss, the scripting might be a bit weird but something could be worked (repeatable quest drop?). No epics, no bis, no op stuff perhaps like mid level boss stuff. If it was with Deadmines it would be Requires level 15 kind of blues. It would make sense to have multiple different bags per level range as well. Ragefire Chasm would be 10, Deadmines would be level 15. Wailing Caverns would be 18, Stockades would be 22 etc. For the rest take the highest level item dropped from the last boss and -5 levels.

It would make sense to have three 'tiers' of reward to be in the bag of spoils:
- Good Loot Pool: Rare weapons and armour, Tabard, Blue recipe, Pet, Mount etc.
- Bonus Loot Pool: Uncommon weapons and armour, Potions, Green recipe,
- Silver / Gold Pool: What the end boss drops in silver / gold for the dungeon.
(Various drop chances per each spoils bag per tier of spoils.)

Additionally one could just have the end boss drop a token (ring tab) for each player and have a vendor who sells items (new endgame player could save up for pre-raid hit gear would be nice) and a player could buy a bag of spoils from that vendor like in the AQ world repeatable quest rewards. This is like the WotLK system of boss tokens. It worked pretty good and if anything it would incentivize more dungeon runs. If you had a unique mount that required 500 high level tokens (brd and up end bosses) it would also allure top end players to run dungeons even if they are not in it for the gear.

I do not want teleport to dungeon, I do not want a group maker but I do want WotLK boss tokens and spoil bags for people to keep running dungeons after they get all the gear from a dungeon. It would kind of work like reputation rewards for stratholm and naxx but as an extra for every dungeon and the system could act as a base level for people to gear up (e.g. hit gear rewards) and get into raids. The more feedback the better XD!

Pfwg

Re: Extra Dungeon Features

Post by Pfwg » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:15 am

You raise a very good point. As a tank that has all of the gear they need from LBRS, it is very hard to find the motivation to go back there, even if it's to get attunement to Onyxia for my horde guildies.

The issue is, when 'what's in it for me?' becomes a factor because people don't need loot or quests in a dungeon, harder dungeons like LBRS just stop getting runs altogether.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Sinrek
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Sinrek » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:35 pm

Something like that was introduced first in Naxxramas T3 quest chain for each class.

I like the idea, though I think it is better to be in vanilla style again. Quests and repeatable, perhaps some faction reputation rewards…
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:26 am

Pfwg that is a very accurate point, LBRS is a great example and imagine if there where vanilla style repeatable rewards; it would really help bring the player base together:-D.

Sinrek that is a great point and I agree; using a system that is already in vanilla and apply it for repeatable rewards. The faction reputation rewards and repeatable quests are a stellar idea. The T3 tokens are really cool and they help the trading community out as well. With the 'Tier 0.8' pre-raid token set perhaps it should use less costly / less materials required than naxx T3 gear though. With an entire set of Tier 0.8 utilizing a few (3 total) arcanite bars (plate, mail) / cured rugged leather (leather) / mooncloth (cloth) with chest, legs, helm requiring one each. Then a bunch of enchanted thorium (plate, mail) / enchanted leather (leather) / felcloth (cloth) to fill in the bulk of the set pieces. The system would be aiming for a Naxx T3 Token 'light' X-D.

It would be nice to have a Pre-raid set of Tier 0.8 for each class that had multi-class tokens that dropped from end game dungeons and 10-man content like UBRS. I know that tier 0.5 exists although the itemization is more general use and dungeon focused with only a few pieces that could be used for pre-raid like hit gear; even then with the case of warrior boots the 0.5 boots are an option because the pre-raid boot line up is atrocious X-D.

It would make the vanilla community stronger with class based pre-raid multi-class token system (like naxx) rewarded from end game pre-raid content: As tokens rewarded with the end bosses (and or multiple hard bosses to acquire the same token from) of UBRS, LBRS, BRD, Scholomance, Stratholm Live, Stratholm Dead, Dire Maul North, Dire Maul East, Dire Maul West and any added pre-raid content (like 10-man world bosses like Zug'Mug The Bashinator or even bracer tokens from the elemental incursion world bosses). The Tier 0.8 tokens for the main set pieces such as the chest, legs and helm should be dropped from the hardest / end bosses of the hardest pre-raid instances such as UBRS, Dire Maul North and Stratholm Dead. A system of tokens and repeatable pre-raid bags of spoils quests would help people get into raids as well at keep people going back to the pre-raid content longer.

Couple that with repeatable rewards, faction reputation rewards and elusive long grind rewards for deep dungeoneering it would help bring the high end player back into the dungeons and the fresh high level players will get more runs when they otherwise would miss out.

I would even add perhaps new reputation rewards via a dungeoneering 'guild' / treasure hunters group; Reclaimers Inc. would be perfect for a cross-faction reputation (already in vanilla and are more into 'relic hunting for profit'). Reclaimers Inc. being an off-shoot of the Explorer's League could have a head quarters for NPCs like Harrison Jones, Hemet Nesingwary, Brann Bronzebeard, the Hearthstone archeologists, (Elise Starseeker, Reno Jackson, Sir Finley Mrrgglton) and some Tauren from Cairne Bloodhoof's diplomatic treaty with the Explorer's league for example. The Horde Reclaimers Inc. base could be atop Thunder bluff and the Alliance Reclaimers Inc. base would use the preexisting Ironforge Hall of Explorer's.
"The Explorers' Guild has set up an excavation site here of 200 inhabitants. It is a strong supply line runs from Bael'dun to Bael Modan in the Barrens.

After Brann Bronzebeard visited the dwarves of the digsite he knew he needed to act before his friends were put in greater danger. While he visited Thunder Bluff he suggested to Cairne Bloodhoof that he send a group of his own people to work with the dwarves in exchange for making sure that the land was properly cared for. Cairne agreed to bring up his offer to his council of elders for discussion. Apparently, it worked, as Baine Bloodhoof asked a group of young tauren to act as emissaries to the dwarven excavation of Bael’dun to convince the dwarves to cease their careless digging. Given enough effort, the tauren apparently convinced the dwarves to allow a shaman to oversee their site to make sure that the land is properly cared for during the excavation, and that the dwarves return to the land as much as they take."
From page 40-47 of the the Lands of Mystery source book for the Warcraft RPG published in april of 2006 (well within vanilla timeline).

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:38 am

Make bosses at end of dungeons drop an item that can be turned in for gold, xp, faction rep, crafting mats, etc.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Korkis

Post by Korkis » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Kazgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:38 am
Make bosses at end of dungeons drop an item that can be turned in for gold, xp, faction rep, crafting mats, etc.
Should be two items (tokens, highly stackable) with different mechanics. The one dropped from bosses is like a quest item, so everyone can loot their own copy, and drops with 100% chance. The other one is cheaper, drops from trash mobs with low chance (like 0.5% and only if a mob is not gray to the char), and acts as an ordinary drop, so only one player can loot it

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:31 am

Hmm boss drops a repeatable quest item reward and trash mobs drop a lesser version and bosses drop a bunch of these (5 for 5 mans and 10 for 10 mans?).

Even if the lesser tokens (working like scourge stones / medallions) were rolled like a regular item the law of average would kick in and all player would get the average amount per boss with enough runs and give a bit of spice for individual runs XD.

If a person gets bad luck one run another run they will get better luck; law of averages and everyone run they can get a repeatable quest reward type token.

The lesser tokens from mobs and a bunch off bosses could be something like [Relic of Power] (up to like ~250 a stack) and the boss / repeatable quest tokens could be as [Artifact of Power].

I suggest having level ranges as well for these tokens; like how in vanilla handles level ranges for potions:
[Minor Relic of Power] [Artifact Relic of Power] 10-19
[Lesser Relic of Power] [Artifact Relic of Power] 20-29
[Relic of Power] [Artifact of Power] 30-39
[Greater Relic of Power] [Greater Artifact of Power] 40-49
[Superior Relic of Power] [Superior Artifact of Power] 50-59
[Major Relic of Power] [Major Artifact of Power] 60+ to Pre-raid
[Supreme Relic of Power] [Supreme Artifact of Power] Pre-raid to Raid (UBRS, 20-mans, World Bosses 'minor raids' etc. foresight for when people are farming Naxxramas and Aq40 and the 'greater raids').

Have these Relics and Artifacts be turned in at Reclaimers Inc. for rewards in Ironforge for Alliance and Thunderbluff for the Horde. It would much be like a system akin to the Scourgestones found Scholomance and Stratholm. The Relics being off of the mobs with group sized cashes from bosses and Artifacts from the bosses (or end boss) as (maybe stack-able) quest items that every player can obtain per run.

The tier of rewards should reflect the level range and amount of relics and artifacts obtained. For example:
[Minor Relic of Power] [Artifact Relic of Power] 10-19 could be redeemed for:
- [Bag of Minor Spoils] x1 (random items) of 10-19 level range.
- A vendor who sells some level appropriate questing greens for a moderate amount of Minor tokens and some select blues for a lot of tokens.
- A reputation cash-in with Reclaimers Inc. Of which goes towards long term goal rewards such as mounts, pets and cosmetics and Pre-Raid (Tier 0.5) to 'Entry Level Raiding Gear' ('Tier 0.8') rewards on the lines of power such as Tier 0.5 and 'Tier 0.8' epic gear. With nothing greater than Molten Core Tier 1 Gear in terms of item level to keep people wanting to raid Molten Core and proper full raids. Dungeons, 10-man and 20-man content is to lead a player up to full 40-man style raids not replace them.

Relics would be worth less than Artifacts.
Much like how 10 x [Invader's Scourge Stone] is worth as much as 1 x [Corruptor's Scourge Stone]

[Minor Relic of Power] x 10 could be equal to [Minor Artifact of Power] x 1 in terms of purchasing power.

This would outline a system that encourages all levels to do instances and all player no matter the progression can get something out of each run.

For example LBRS has both level 50-59 and level 60+ to Pre-Raid bosses / content so every respective level range mob boss would reward either Superior or Major Relics and Artifacts of Power.

For example:
- Overlord Wyrmthalak who is Level 60 (Skull Boss) would drop [Major Relic of Power] x 5 and [Major Artifact of Power] for each player (like a quest item). For he is 60+ to Pre-raid tier content.
- Highlord Omokk who is Level 59 (Skull Boss) would drop [Superior Relic of Power] x5 and [Superior Artifact of Power] for each player (like a quest item). For he is 50-59 tier content.

This model of using the boss level to determine the reward tier is logical and works for the content level range of players for the instance and for farther progressed players helping who may not need any more drops from said instance.

These are my thoughts so far on a repeatable reward system for instances that benefits everyone in all ranges of player progression; the more feedback the better! XD

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:42 pm

I think giving gear or gold for tokens will be a bad turn. Gold will ruin the "economy" totally and the value of gold will go to nothing.
Getting cosmetic stuff will eventually decrease the servers income taking away customers.
For me helping others is enough reason to visit a dungeon, my reward? Hopefully Gratefullness.

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:55 pm

From Discord:
Momo ChimesToday at 15:02
heroic dungeons with cooler rewards maybe as an idea? :D
@Matthew
choose difficulty from npc or something and get more rep or gold because of a harder challenge

MatthewToday at 15:53
@Momo Chimes Yeah I'd be down for that. I liked the heroic dungeons in WotLK and I am sure that it could be achieved. Even if we had to copy the instance and duplicate it and add new numbers and encounters it could be done. Then an npc or something could just add a new portal infronto of the old that only the party can entrant (like mage portals) or something and just add on vanilla if the scaling same instance (like with raids) is too weird. Although with raid scaling I am sure that a solution could be found. I would like to see (geared out) Heroic / 10 man (regular gear) versions of Stratholm, Scholomance, Dire Maul, Blackrock Depths, Lower Blackrock Decent and a Heroic Version of Upper Black Rock Descent. All of the end game dungeons basically tuned to be like pseudo / mini raids with epics and blues slightly less good than tier 1 . Kind of like Zul'Gurub and Aq20.

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:24 am

Chlothar it's not going to be a dooms day if Turtle WoW spices up dungeon runs with a bit more rewards. If you have ever had raided Naxxramas, AQ40, Bwl for a long period of time on a mature vanilla server you understand that there are ways to farm gold, inflate the economy, and actually get more gold than you can spend.

Why:
I made these suggestions to give a reason for the top end players to revist the lower dungeons so the wealth divide shrinks. Let's face it if you raid, have the best gear and know the best players on the server; you are going to avoid the dungeons and the random players because you have nothing to gain with the default set up.

Also I hope that you realize that the store can sell unique cosmetics and the extra dungeon rewards can be complementary. Also if the server starts locking away every feature behind a pay wall like a lot of pay to win style eastern European and Asian games this servers population will naturally tank. So actually having free content with paid content is a healthy server move not a bad one. Also they are called donations for a reason; as soon as a private server goes commercial it gets targeted, the GMs get corrupt and the server either dies by itself or it is sued into oblivion.

Blizzard has the intellectual rights for World of Warcraft, and if it really wanted to it could press charges to any 'replacement' wow commercial product for it would justified by lack of sales for the organization that effectively pirates Blizzard intellectual property for illegal profit. Also even if Turtle WoW is in Russia or some other non-western nation state, there are ways to internationally sue / punish people. So play nice, don't make Turtle WoW its own commercial game or hell will come to the community if it gets really big.

Also morally speaking the staff should be not pushing their luck with making Turtle WoW for profit. It is just not in the spirit of the greater private server community and is a red flag for new players who have many options to play on other servers. Also one must realize that right now Turtle WoW needs to throw off the stigma of 'custom server garbage' (I am looking at you Heroes WoW). In this end being pay to win / pay to play on a third party World of Warcraft private server when the whole of private servers are free to play is going to destroy any legitimacy and hope for a long lasting server from the WoW private server community.

Also your anecdotal example is not how private servers or even other online mmo games operate on. Single marches alone don't bring integration. The over whelming majority of people seek to better their own character above others. If not they are not raiders and or serious players that would build a community that can raid the content. As soon as the reward cycle is broken the participation goes away. You see this with raids when people retired after getting bis.

I come from 5 years of playing Kronos, I've seen the exploits, the gold farms and populations with on-demand dungeons (multiple groups constantly doing the content) where one could run any dungeon for days straight cycling out people. I have done all of the vanilla raids for a year and a half on farm and progression; I've raided naxx for at least 18 months with 12 months straight. I know what I am talking about and I know the very end of vanilla and what the economy is like. Some extra gold and cosmetics won't get rid of dire maul solo farms, it will not get rid of mage blizzard farming.

If anything some extra gold, top end player participation, extra pre-raid gear and some extra cosmetic rewards earned after long grinds will help the solo players who don't raid, who don't play hard core. Furthermore an extra reward system for dungeons that brings all of the players together with long term relevant content; this will actually carry groups of 'casual players' in dungeons. These are the people who otherwise would show up to pug raids like world dragons, ZG, MC in greens and trash blues. Hey! You know who I am talking about; not every one is great at wow and that is okay XD!

Everyone can improve if given the chance. I have saved people from being guild kicked in naxx after some boned headed wipes on their first go around. Yet and in the end with time and patience they turned out to be full T3 good raiders who taught other raiders. Some people need more help getting started into raiding than others, and this extra reward system for dungeons is meant to help these people than anything else; by giving a reason for the high end players to play with the causal player base.

Everyone wins and the content still remains relevant even late into the server. That is if set up correctly and taking into account mature server economics. Which is actually why this suggestion for an extra reward system in dungeons exists. Not everyone goes to naxx but that gap in power should not stop T3 people from grouping up with fresh 60's.

Turtle WoW is not a mature server, and as of this post no one has killed nef yet and opened the AQ gates. There are not enough people to do full 40 man raids without raid nerfs. Also a lot of toxic people kill off the new players and a lot of the dungeons are really bugged so anyone who actually plays the server is not willing to run a lot of dungeons (rfd, sfk are quite bugged). Yet there is hope, if we can get some of the wintrader ill gotten geared people to go back to ubrs, scholo, stratholm when can help the new fresh 60's and also gear up the server as whole to better get into raids. As it stands MC is almost on farm after around a year and a half? This server has not even cleared bwl yet, the economy is not even half way up yet let alone ruined XD.

As it stands for Turtle WoW to become fully mature full content completion Vanilla server at its core foundation (a noble and healthy goal for a server):
- More people need to play and reach 60; the population needs to increase (Torta Install more players XD).
- More people need to gear up for raids; and one way to do this is give a reward cycle to the top end players to help the low end players gear up for raids.

Vanilla has a weird, outdated, un-optimized and awkward system to gear up for raids. With pre-raid gear gaps and weird items mashed into roles they were not intend for (I'm looking at your pre-raid warrior boots). I can say this for I have built my knowledge upon an unnaturally long time of experience in vanilla; 5 years of vanilla experience from start to the very top end.

Vanilla would be better off to build up the end game player base to get into raids via an extra dungeon reward system so that after a series of dungeon runs, like in WotLK the casual players can get pieces of gear to transition into entry level raid gear. With an extra dungeons rewards system that takes into account old and new server economics, both new players win with getting into pre-raid easier and learning from the top end players; and top end players win by having a reason to smash old content (in the awe of new players) in the pursuit of long term rewards that are unique to the extra dungeon features.

Also it would be kinda lame on a custom private server not to add long lasting relevant dungeon content XD.

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:28 am

From the Discord:
Momo ChimesToday at 15:02
heroic dungeons with cooler rewards maybe as an idea? :D
@Matthew
choose difficulty from npc or something and get more rep or gold because of a harder challenge

MatthewToday at 15:53
@Momo Chimes Yeah I'd be down for that. I liked the heroic dungeons in WotLK and I am sure that it could be achieved. Even if we had to copy the instance and duplicate it and add new numbers and encounters it could be done. Then an npc or something could just add a new portal infronto of the old that only the party can entrant (like mage portals) or something and just add on vanilla if the scaling same instance (like with raids) is too weird. Although with raid scaling I am sure that a solution could be found. I would like to see (geared out) Heroic / 10 man (regular gear) versions of Stratholm, Scholomance, Dire Maul, Blackrock Depths, Lower Blackrock Decent and a Heroic Version of Upper Black Rock Descent. All of the end game dungeons basically tuned to be like pseudo / mini raids with epics and blues slightly less good than tier 1 . Kind of like Zul'Gurub and Aq20.

EddToday at 15:58
Heroic dungeons would be awesome, just hard to figure out rewards that make it worth it without being abusable
Rep would be a good one imo

Matt,Wielder of NightfallToday at 15:59
Heroic RageFire Chasm pog

Aureiian the RetadinToday at 16:06
It's why I liked the Legion affix system
Made it that little bit more interesting to re run dungeons.

MatthewToday at 17:26
Make heroic dungeon gear less than or at max equal (heroic UBRS end bosses) to Tier 1. 40 man raids are like super heroic dungeons if you think of it in a different way. Heroic dungeons are a perfect way to teach raid mechanics in dungeons while also rewarding entry level gear to raid with. :slight_smile:

EddToday at 17:28
Half the players that want heroic dungeons are already in T1 though, I don't need any more shards

MatthewToday at 17:29
Well hot damn we need fresh players too Edd XD

EddToday at 17:30
Appreciate that for sure, but what's in it for me?

TherthToday at 17:30
Pudding

Alena the Worgen FurryToday at 17:30
Daddy
Or mommy?

TherthToday at 17:30
But you have to eat your meat
You cant have any pudding if you dont eat your meat

MatthewToday at 17:31
Well you take the same item budget as tier one and make gear that is better itemized so its like a side grade / fills in gear gaps = gear worth getting even if you have tier 1.

Alena the Worgen FurryToday at 17:31
Okay mom

EddToday at 17:31
Then why do molten core if better optimised gear drops in 5 mans?
non-gear rewards are the answer

MatthewToday at 17:32
Well the trick is edd not every item slot would be like this.
like how bwl, aq40 and naxx all have bis end game

EddToday at 17:32
I mean getting better gear in 5 mans is great because we get nexus crystals and not shards

TherthToday at 17:32
Hey hey hey... they dont have all the bis end game

MatthewToday at 17:32
Well cosmetics are the main draw.

TherthToday at 17:32
Alterac valley has a bis ring for some classes

MatthewToday at 17:33
Like even with t3 a mount or tabard or something like the halo katana you know?

EddToday at 17:33
mount and tabards are not gear rewards and thus are exactly the kind of thing i proposed

MatthewToday at 17:33
Long term grind rewards for the top end players, entry level raid gear for low end players etc.
Like a mixed reward system.

TherthToday at 17:34
Personally i dont think heroic dungeon should ever be better than a raid, even a lower tier raid like mc, if anything it should be close to it. Unless you plan on heroic being a step up from tier 1 but still under t2 meaning you need tier 1 equiv stats to progress thru it

MatthewToday at 17:34
Like how the baron drops the skeleton horse in strath. Even t3 players do it for that XD
end game dungeons < heroic dungeons = ~20 man content < 40 man content
40 man raids are awesome and 40 man content should never make them irrelevant. 40 man content is super special in vanilla; it feels epic. 5 man heroics feel a like challenge.

EddToday at 17:38
A challenge for who, though?
Me or a 60 in greens?
because those two levels are worlds apart and we're still in T1

MatthewToday at 17:39
Well idk if a pure 60 green party can do heroic content; you would need a pre-raid person in there at least.

EddToday at 17:39
Give me 5 rep towards either Argent Dawn or Zandalar or Cenarion Circle per kill/group/whatever and I'm in, but either it's hard enough to be a challenge and thus it could only reasonably drop downgrades, or it's so easy that it replaces raid tiering

MatthewToday at 17:39
As in regular end game dungeons give okay blues and those could be enough to do heroic dungeons and heroic dungeons would set up players for 40 content.

Aureiian the RetadinToday at 17:40
Here's an idea
A lvl 60 demon themed dungeon

MatthewToday at 17:40
Yeah!

So I can finally put those demon slaying pots to use.

the blasted lands or winterspring

I was thinking azshara

the elites areas

Lol

XD

Aureiian the RetadinToday at 17:41
Come on, it has nothing else going for it
Give azshara a break

MatthewToday at 17:44
@Torta can a reputation tabard be made or something like it so players like edd couldearn them by being top end players and run regular dungeons and heroics (with more more rep per hour but harder) and pick a tabard to get extra rep for that faction (like in cata I think?). Edd could earn like 5 tabards for the major rep factions (Centarion Circle, Argent Dawn etc.) and earn rep as he runs with good gear?

EddToday at 17:44
That would get me interested.

Aureiian the RetadinToday at 17:44
You'll already be able to earn the dawn Tabard
During the upcoming scourge invasion

EddToday at 17:45
Other than that, I'd end up running them 3-4 times each and then going back to talking smack in world chat

MatthewToday at 17:45
On the tabard have like Equip: Earn reputation in dungeons and heroic dungeons.
Yeah XD

EddToday at 17:45
And to be fair 75% of the server's tanks are in my level or better gear and I imagine would be in the same boat, and getting a tank is already the hard part of doing a dungeon

MatthewToday at 17:46
Amazing point
Good tanks to go into dungeons are a HUGE deal for it teaches the noobs as well.

EddToday at 17:46
Whereas if it was "You're getting small progression on something you actually want" then I'll hit those dungeons whenever
doesn't have to be rep necessarily, but something along those lines.

MatthewToday at 17:48
Also if you saw a lbrs run in world chat you could have a reason to run it and get small progression on something you actually want.

EddToday at 17:48
You could hold my parents hostage and i'm NOT going to LBRS
fuck that hole
ughhh i'm triggered you even mentioned it

MatthewToday at 17:48
Well maybe someone else might lol
Well the brd then lol
or something!
XD

EddToday at 17:49
Spider flashbacks intensify

MatthewToday at 17:49
REeeEEeeEe screems https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 95/038.jpg

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:43 pm

I have been raiding all these raids for like the past 12 years. I am just giving you my concerns about how those changes affect the server. They have long lasting dungeon content coming btw.

Also its not like we have all raid content on farm just now.

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:00 am

I really hope to add a new Duskwood dungeon. So far I am making the 3D model of the exterior and interior. It would require a custom patch.

Breidr

Post by Breidr » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:04 am

Not to Hijack this thread or anything, but since I see some folks in here that have been around for a lot longer than I've even played WoW I wanted to ask a question.
I'm currently leveling a character on hardcore mode and am not even paying attention to XP. I love the world, the lore, and I'm just here to chill. I'm already playing a warrior, so leveling was hellp before Hardcore, don't care.

For folks not like me and don't have interest in rolling alts and whatnot, what keeps them around? Clearly there's an audience for such a thing. WotlK private servers are rather big, as is classic and some other servers.
The thing is, this game doesn't really have repeatable endgame, per se. Unlike other games I've played like Warhammer Online, once you get the gear, there's not much of a reason to keep doing it. This game has PvP I suppose, just like WAR, but not nearly on the scale as that game.

I came to this server because of the added content and things like hardcore mode. What do some other folks come here for, and how can we build up the server to make them happier too?
Brandal Millbridge - Hedge Wizard

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:55 am

Breidr wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:04 am
Not to Hijack this thread or anything, but since I see some folks in here that have been around for a lot longer than I've even played WoW I wanted to ask a question.
I'm currently leveling a character on hardcore mode and am not even paying attention to XP. I love the world, the lore, and I'm just here to chill. I'm already playing a warrior, so leveling was hellp before Hardcore, don't care.

For folks not like me and don't have interest in rolling alts and whatnot, what keeps them around? Clearly there's an audience for such a thing. WotlK private servers are rather big, as is classic and some other servers.
The thing is, this game doesn't really have repeatable endgame, per se. Unlike other games I've played like Warhammer Online, once you get the gear, there's not much of a reason to keep doing it. This game has PvP I suppose, just like WAR, but not nearly on the scale as that game.

I came to this server because of the added content and things like hardcore mode. What do some other folks come here for, and how can we build up the server to make them happier too?
I came to Turtle WoW because I ran out of content in Kronos WoW. On Turtle-WoW the playerbase has a shot at creating more content for vanilla. That is why I am here at Turtle WoW; the game is alive and can grow, it is not a museum as Kronos is; the server's world of content can be expanded!

Since 2015 I have been on Kronos. I have raided every boss, raided Naxxramas for 18 months and got a Warrior to bis and melee hunter t3 for the fun of it XD. I started wow in 2007 and I have played ever since. I stopped retail at Cataclysm pre patch. I played Molten WoW before the moltdown.

I have been tinkering with RPGs even before I could read (RPG Maker 2003 baby! I in part learned to read playing Baldur's Gate at the age of 9 a text based CRPG lol XD). I even drew the prototype of this (and perhaps even more I am unsure I gave my art to a freelance artist working for Blizzard years ago and found that by chance)

Yet I came here because I want to take vanilla further. I have been invited to a few private servers (Vanilla+, Frostfire etc.) although this one has a great chance to hang around. The staff are not corrupt (to my current knowledge) and the community is more good than toxic.

I have been tinkering with wow for what feels like ages. Although my life is moving on, I am building houses for my family, I have my own business finally and I just co-founded a corporation at 24. I feel that I can no longer spend my undivided attention mucking around with WoW.

I have my own RPG series to make as well (more info here). I also have a 3D tank game to finish prototyping when I can properly invest funds for a proper coder to finish the ballistics engine. Although enough of that XD.

I want to make good of my massive archive of vanilla expansion designs and cut content. I also want to accomplish another milestone of making a 3D dungeon for a game worth playing.

So far this is what I have completed with the exterior extension for the 3D model for a Duskwood Catacombs Dungeon. This design is inspired by an old concept from the classic Everquest days, that much inspired the design of Blackrock Depths; Multi-level Dungeon:

I plan to implement the encounters ranging in levels from 33 to 45 in terms of elites and bosses. Do not worry it will have wings in the form of a gate for upper and lower levels (much like LBRS and UBRS). With a level 34 starting boss all the way to the deathcharger Mor'Ladim the Deathknight at 40 as the end of the first wing.

Then a 41-45 wing with twin level 41 bosses that summon adds (as a skill check after the gated stairs leading to the entrance after Mor'Ladim the Deathknight). This lower 'bowls' of the catacombs leads into a crypt with a vault ceiling of skulls commanded by a triple boss encounter at the end in the form of a Lich, Darkrider and a Dwarven Fallen Priest!

I hope to make this into a .WMO file and do the lighting and create an open-sourced patch for vanilla so that the work gets (hopefully) enjoyed by players XD.

I am here to have fun, keep playing vanilla and to make good of my vanilla content plans and designs and to also have something for people to enjoy hopefully. If you can make more content does vanilla really end?

Breidr

Post by Breidr » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:50 am

That is simply amazing that someone can make that! I hope it gets implemented. I would very much like to see it!
Brandal Millbridge - Hedge Wizard

Chirpy

Post by Chirpy » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Agreed. I can't wait to see this implemented. Great idea for that zone as well.
Romanov