Theorycrafting: Replace the gnomes with another race?

Elmejor

Theorycrafting: Replace the gnomes with another race?

Post by Elmejor » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:10 pm

I don't hate gnomes but. it makes no sense that they are a playable race... for these reasons:

1: I know this is fantasy... but physiologically it does not give them the body to be a warrior, rogue, or hunter (any animal would always see it as prey)I have more examples but I don't need to say them, by common sense you will realize

2: The only classes that could become are magic, and not all, they are more beings of technology

3: They are not aesthetically pleasing to use...... It is a matter of taste but they cannot deny that few people play it

4: they are not in Warcraf 3 turtle_tongue_head

In short, my suggestion is that they are just like a technological race that only serves as support in the adventure with their gadgets smiling_turtle_head

Bloodline1x9

Re: replace the gnomes with another race

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:23 pm

The biggest nonsense I've read on this forum...
And also
They are there too. Mortars, tanks, helicopters.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:33 pm

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:23 pm
And also
All of those are cononically dwarfs

But Pandaren are in warcraft 3 and people hated them :D

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm

Now THAT'S racist!

Elmejor

Post by Elmejor » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:11 pm

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
And also
It might be nonsense... but you didn't give a bleating argument, all those are dwarves turtle_tongue_head

Elmejor

Post by Elmejor » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:26 pm

Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm
Now THAT'S racist!
it's a joke, right ?

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:35 pm

Make the tiny buggers into gnolls.
Main: Whitemare

Albel

Post by Albel » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:32 am

Replace every race with murlocs

Wilsonsds

Post by Wilsonsds » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:47 am

replace murlocs with murlocs
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)
Almandinite (Pally - Prot)

Wilsonsds

Post by Wilsonsds » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:29 am

Gnomes had its place when the hord had goblins and needed a counterpart for ally.

I have one gnome, and its on level one for almost 2 years. I dont like to play with them even thinking they are funny and they made their place in wow lore over the years
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)
Almandinite (Pally - Prot)

Elmejor

Post by Elmejor » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:40 am

Wilsonsds wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:29 am
Gnomes had its place when the hord had goblins and needed a counterpart for ally.

I have one gnome, and its on level one for almost 2 years. I dont like to play with them even thinking they are funny and they made their place in wow lore over the years
I wouldn't put goblins as a playable race either, although they are a bit more physically fit than gnomes this is not enough for them
They are the same as gnomes a support race in adventure

Elmejor

Post by Elmejor » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:45 am

Fireleaf wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:19 pm
Replace them with murlocs.
I know they're joking but I don't think they fit the armor... and they're not smart enough

Tutayanova

Post by Tutayanova » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:06 pm

Elmejor wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:45 am
Fireleaf wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:19 pm
Replace them with murlocs.
I know they're joking but I don't think they fit the armor... and they're not smart enough
murloc paladin insidious_turtle

Allwynd01

Re: What if we replace the gnomes with another race?

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:55 pm

Replace all races to the opposite faction and give them the opposite cities and locations. Orgrimmar and other zones becomes Alliance, Stormwind and other zones become Horde. Now Night Elves are cutting down the trees in Ashenvale and Orcs are trying to stop them and Night Elves are fighting for their lost land in Lordaeron and the Plaguelands.

Mac

Re: What if we replace the gnomes with another race?

Post by Mac » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:27 pm

Replace all races with Gnomes. Every race a Gnome. World of Gnomecraft.

Jolikmc

Re: Theorycrafting: Replacing the gnomes with another race?

Post by Jolikmc » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:41 pm

Just tossing this out there: there actually aren't any gnomes in Warcraft III. Allegedly, they were "too busy fighting for Gnomeregan" during the events of Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne… but it's also possible Chris Metzen just forgot they existed, for a time. More to my point, the Gyrocopter / Flying Machine pilot is a dwarf, the Mortar Team are two dwarves, and the Steam Tank / Siege Engine doesn't have any spoken lines. It's debatable if these devices are gnomish inventions, but the pilots aren't gnomes.

However. In Warcraft II, the Flying Machine pilots are gnomes. You can argue that the Submarine pilots aren't gnomes, considering they just gurgle and gargle, but "gnome" is in the name. Plus, you need a "Gnomish Inventor" structure to make both of these things.

Now, let's address the other points…
Elmejor wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:10 pm
1: I know this is fantasy... but physiologically it does not give them the body to be a warrior, rogue, or hunter (any animal would always see it as prey)
Logically, yes, they are too diminutive to efficiently swing around weapons or wear heavy armor. They are easily the weakest of the Alliance classes with their pitiful 15 base strength. (Humans are 20, Dwarves are 22, Night Elves are 17.) But, I'm pretty sure that even a tiny thing like a Gnome can manage well enough if they train up, use appropriately-sized weaponry, or… you know… they could just use cybernetic enhancements to wear plate armor and swing giant hammers around.

I see no reason why Gnomes can't be Rogues. Their small stature would give them natural stealth since they wouldn't have such heavy footfalls, and if they're into technology, they could invent things to further their stealth capabilities. Invention is, in fact, how they're able to become Hunters (on this server). The Gnome Hunter-exclusive version of "Taming the Beast" has this line:
Tinker Town's best and brightest recently made an amazing scientific breakthrough to address our less than stellar record with large animals who find us appetizing and bite-sized.

You seem like a promising marksman. Just the talent we need in our efforts to retake Gnomeregan! To that end, I'll teach you how to use the patented G.N.O.E.M.R. Taming Rod.
So, yeah. Gnomes basically use hypnosis. Meanwhile, Goblins use shock collars. Ingenuity overcomes adversity.
2: The only classes that could become are magic, and not all, they are more beings of technology
Do you really think that an always-curious race like the Gnomes wouldn't have people studying and trying to decipher the mystic arts of Arcane, Elements, and Fel, like they were some kind of "science"?
3: They are not aesthetically pleasing to use...... It is a matter of taste but they cannot deny that few people play it
Some people find Humans ugly or Orcs ugly. Some people find Night Elves or High Elves "not aesthetically pleasing", too. You defeated yourself with this one; it is "a matter of taste". I, personally, think female Gnomes are cute, and some male Gnomes have "so ugly it's cute" kind of faces.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Elmejor

Post by Elmejor » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:28 pm

Fireleaf wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:09 pm
Replace all gnomes with Elmejors.

P.S. I see the thread was renamed to "Theorycrafting", haha. This thread is not theorycrafting, it's just pure nonsense.
I did not rename it and I did not change its place either, (it was in suggestions). A GM maybe?

Elmejor

Post by Elmejor » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:11 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:41 pm
Just tossing this out there: there actually aren't any gnomes in Warcraft III. Allegedly, they were "too busy fighting for Gnomeregan" during the events of Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne… but it's also possible Chris Metzen just forgot they existed, for a time. More to my point, the Gyrocopter / Flying Machine pilot is a dwarf, the Mortar Team are two dwarves, and the Steam Tank / Siege Engine doesn't have any spoken lines. It's debatable if these devices are gnomish inventions, but the pilots aren't gnomes.

However. In Warcraft II, the Flying Machine pilots are gnomes. You can argue that the Submarine pilots aren't gnomes, considering they just gurgle and gargle, but "gnome" is in the name. Plus, you need a "Gnomish Inventor" structure to make both of these things.

Now, let's address the other points…
Elmejor wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:10 pm
1: I know this is fantasy... but physiologically it does not give them the body to be a warrior, rogue, or hunter (any animal would always see it as prey)
Logically, yes, they are too diminutive to efficiently swing around weapons or wear heavy armor. They are easily the weakest of the Alliance classes with their pitiful 15 base strength. (Humans are 20, Dwarves are 22, Night Elves are 17.) But, I'm pretty sure that even a tiny thing like a Gnome can manage well enough if they train up, use appropriately-sized weaponry, or… you know… they could just use cybernetic enhancements to wear plate armor and swing giant hammers around.

I see no reason why Gnomes can't be Rogues. Their small stature would give them natural stealth since they wouldn't have such heavy footfalls, and if they're into technology, they could invent things to further their stealth capabilities. Invention is, in fact, how they're able to become Hunters (on this server). The Gnome Hunter-exclusive version of "Taming the Beast" has this line:
Tinker Town's best and brightest recently made an amazing scientific breakthrough to address our less than stellar record with large animals who find us appetizing and bite-sized.

You seem like a promising marksman. Just the talent we need in our efforts to retake Gnomeregan! To that end, I'll teach you how to use the patented G.N.O.E.M.R. Taming Rod.
So, yeah. Gnomes basically use hypnosis. Meanwhile, Goblins use shock collars. Ingenuity overcomes adversity.
Do you really think that an always-curious race like the Gnomes wouldn't have people studying and trying to decipher the mystic arts of Arcane, Elements, and Fel, like they were some kind of "science"?
Some people find Humans ugly or Orcs ugly. Some people find Night Elves or High Elves "not aesthetically pleasing", too. You defeated yourself with this one; it is "a matter of taste". I, personally, think female Gnomes are cute, and some male Gnomes have "so ugly it's cute" kind of faces.
About warcraft 3 I said it more as a joke..... but understand it, the genomes could not be warriors without being mounted on a robot, in the case of the rogue, they may be stealthy but their body, although small, shows that it is not Agile, its legs are very short, they would never reach the neck of a tauren, let alone that of a dragon...

Mativh

Re: Theorycrafting: Replace the gnomes with another race?

Post by Mativh » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:57 pm

What gnomes need is being expanded, the lore of the race has a lot of potential beyond being engineers, gnomes in RPGs as well as myths and folklore have a rich history. In vanilla they were kind of an afterthought to give Alliance the same amount of races as the Horde had, and at one point they were considered to be left out together with the undeads. I am glad they made it, but they do need to be further developed.

Look into celtic mythology, there is a lot more to the gnomes than being tinkerers.
Last edited by Mativh on Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:33 am

Mativh wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:57 pm
What gnomes need is being expanded, the lore of the race has a lot of potential beyond being engineers, gnomes in RPGs as well as myths and folklore have a rich history. In vanilla they were kind of an afterthought to give Alliance the same amount of races as the Horde had, and at one point they were considered to be left out together with the undeads. I am glad they made it, but they do need to be further developed.
Totally agree. Lore of Gnomes isn't great even in retail (thank goodness we had Mechagon there, it was a fresh air for their story) - and here, in Vanilla, it's ridiculously minor and poor.
But expansion of gnomish lore requires establishing this race's origin and story. Would it be something akin to retail with titan heritage, gnomish kings and other stuff? Or something different and mind-blowing? Only devs could answer it.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:06 am

The flying machine in War 3 is piloted by gnomes.
And they are featured in War 2 and War Adventure.

Gnomes are a race which looks forward, to the future. They are optimistic scientists and technicians. So I think developing their past lore is not satisfying. Nobody cares where they come from, that doesn't say anything about their theme as a race/faction/people (which is : little brilliant scientist dudes inventing what tomorrow will be made of).

They should be developed by their relationship with their lost city, and the perspective of retaking it. It's their engine forward as a people : how will they get back what they've lost ? What will they invent to purify their capital city ?

The announce of a gnome camp in Gnomeregan is a good step forward, because it looks onward and not backward. Retail didn't understand this basic thematical thing and did their usual shit about "old robots" and other nonsense nobody cares about.
Main: Whitemare

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:04 am

Elmejor wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:11 pm
Bloodline1x9 wrote:
And also
It might be nonsense... but you didn't give a bleating argument, all those are dwarves turtle_tongue_head
Clearly, you didn't play Warcraft 2.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:09 am

try this tutorial
https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world- ... 2-1-a.html

it lets you create .MPQ to swap race models into others. Make a model swap for gnomes to any race you want to be replaced.
Problem solved

Grinspoon

Post by Grinspoon » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:57 am

some people take the jokes a bit too seriously

S4rs

Post by S4rs » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:55 pm

Albel wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:32 am
Replace every race with murlocs

:DDDDD:DDDD:DDD rofl :D

Steelgrip

Post by Steelgrip » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:31 pm

What the fuck is this topic?

Hope you play Horde so I can smack this nonsense out of your brain 😅

FOR GNOMEREGAN!!

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:57 am

I main gnome, i have characters with another races because i cant play gnome with them, when turtle do priest gnome, i Will change my race. Simple, i love destroy Big boys with my little body. Gnome pride.

PD: [Eviscerate] Gnomes

Steelgrip

Post by Steelgrip » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:42 pm

Anadrol wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:57 am
I main gnome, i have characters with another races because i cant play gnome with them, when turtle do priest gnome, i Will change my race. Simple, i love destroy Big boys with my little body. Gnome pride.

Exactly!!! GNOME POWA!!!

Average

Post by Average » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:35 am

It would've been nice if Blizzard had added High Elves, Furbolgs, or old Draenei as the 4th Alliance race instead, but its too late to go back now.
No point removing an entire race's worth of animations, quests, and player characters just because its boring.

I really do hate the inclusion of Gnomes though. There isn't a single thing about them that isn't already a trait of the Dwarves or the Goblins.
Want to play a race from Dun Morogh, that lives underground, is a descendant of Titan constructs, and is member of the Alliance that's good with machines? There's already Dwarves for that.
Want to play a race that's tiny, inventive, atheistic, and serves as comic relief? There's already Goblins for that.

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:51 am

Gnomes are fine. Just roll with it.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Shatterfury

Post by Shatterfury » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:08 am

Gnomes werent involved in the 3rd War, all those Dwarves that people confuse for Gnomes were, in fact, Dwarves.

I agree, the race should be wiped off the map of Azeroth, as a matter of fact we need a major even in which Trolls devour their entire race.