Alterac Valley

Billymenager

Alterac Valley

Post by Billymenager » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:55 pm

Why does alliance win every BG? This is a serious question, I see that this AV is different from the one on the global server and I have been playing for a short time, people in the chat write that it is because of the terrain, alliance have it easier. A friend played a multitude of AV and said he only won 5. I also played a few and they were all losers. If indeed the terrain favors one faction then why doesn't anyone do anything about it?

Fizzler
Has liked: 1 time

Re: What is wrong with AV?

Post by Fizzler » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:07 pm

it is intended for AV to enable alliance to win. it is a fairness mechanism since horde usually destroy them in other battlegrounds.

but yeah alliance is favored due to terrain and npcs etc and there is no announcement about it yet since other priorities of devs
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Naonak1945

Post by Naonak1945 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:10 pm

What is wrong?

You don't like playing in "Alliance Valley" Battle Ground

Billymenager

Post by Billymenager » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:38 pm

I think blocking a very simple backdoor on the alliance side is a job for a few minutes, put some object and the blockade is done. Do you want to go inside? Go from the front, on the Horde side that's what it looks like because the backdoor is much more difficult. I hope some dev will finally fix this.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:44 pm

Quite simply, alliance on this server are terrible in BG's. I think it's mostly due to 60% of BG's being brainless rets and just wanting to zerg with the overpowered Holy Strike. So not alot of team work goes on in alliance side. I haven't seen one Holy paladin playing in WSG. Imagine if they utilised this spec then they'd have a chance at winning

So as said above AV is favoured to them so atleast they can win something.

Dysterius

Post by Dysterius » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:55 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:44 pm
Quite simply, alliance on this server are terrible in BG's. I think it's mostly due to 60% of BG's being brainless rets and just wanting to zerg with the overpowered Holy Strike. So not alot of team work goes on in alliance side. I haven't seen one Holy paladin playing in WSG. Imagine if they utilised this spec then they'd have a chance at winning

Funny enough even with how retarded some of these ret paladins are, somehow they can still manage to pull wins out of their ass in AB / WSG. I mean it makes sense though, once saw 15 / 36 players on ally side in AV were all paladins. Had similar situations in WSG / AB, high elves being so popular probably doesn't help. It's pretty annoying how if they time their bubbles especially in game like AB, they can hold bases for insane amounts of time. All they really have to do is stall long enough for they're team to respawn and they're golden.

Billymenager

Post by Billymenager » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:07 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:44 pm

AV is a very good honor farm and that's what you go there for, if a simple backdoor is a deliberate intention to make them win anything then let the Horde have bonus honor for that bg, everyone values their time.

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:19 pm

First of all, there are more alliances on the server, it can be seen. If the Hordes are smaller in number, or they enter later, then the alliance gains an advantage. And then the snowball effect. It's like a losing middle in Dota.

The second is that, in general, the alliance is better dressed. There are more players who farm rank 14 because it's easier for them to farm there. And strong Horde players do not like to farm there and they leave to other BGs.

The third is that the Horde breaks through the defense very slowly, and their defense breaks very quickly. Once it happened that the alliance could not break through and it turned into a very, very long game. The Horde defended well then, but even on the front line, the Horde could not enter the bridge for a long time and then dominate

Naonak1945

Post by Naonak1945 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:50 am

Haha. I have been in WSG against 9 pallies and a druid. Was a easy win for them. Endless stuns, bubbles.

Also been in a 15 pally, couple mages and forget others AB.

But then again. Against the average paladin, with average gear. They are not really any trouble.

Its the R12/13/14, T2/2.5/3 pallies that spend big on everything they can to win. Pots/engineering etc.

Them 2 hit crit kills hurt over 3k each