Dungeon Story Mode

Naginatasquid

Dungeon Story Mode

Post by Naginatasquid » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:31 pm

As someone who doesn't have much time to play the game and prefers turtling Solo most of the time, I always feel like I'm missing out on doing the quests related to dungeons. Whether it's social anxiety, a lack of skill and time commitment to become good enough at the game, long queue times for dungeons, or being matched with party members who want to rush through the dungeon, giving one no time to read through quest texts, there are multiple roadblocks to being able to live through the story of dungeons.
My suggestion therefore, would be some sort of "Story mode" for dungeons, in which enemies are much weaker and able to be beaten by a Solo-player. These wouldn't necessarily be completely trivial, but comparable to the challenge level in the overworld, where it is possible for an average player to beat small groups of same-level enemies or a "boss" like hogger on their own. There would be no drops in these dungeons, so players who want to farm rare items would still need to do a regular group run. But quests related to these dungeons would still be fulfilled by doing the solo run, and enemies would drop their quest items.

Anyone else interested in such an idea or am I the only one actually reading quest texts?

Getplucked

Re: Dungeon Story Mode

Post by Getplucked » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:49 pm

Nah. It's a multiplayer game and dungeons are solely designed to be multiplayer. If you want to experience them solo, watch a youtube video.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:34 pm

The point of a MMORPG is to play with other people, it's not a single player RPG.
Main: Whitemare

Rektoshrekto123

Post by Rektoshrekto123 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:39 pm

Hey man, download Voice AI addon. It will read the quests for you. It may help u keep up with the questlines 🙂 its actually pretty amazing addon, all different races sound spot on

Emilyrose89

Post by Emilyrose89 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:27 pm

I like this idea. I've always wished I could find a server or guild for "people who kind of suck at the game tbh and don't have the time or interest to just git gud but just want to have fun amd enjoy the narrative". I actually set up a cmangos server on my computer to have a sandboxed version of the game to explore and it's fun but not as satisfying as playing with other internet strangers.

Xerilin
Has liked: 17 times

Post by Xerilin » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:01 pm

Emilyrose89 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:27 pm
I like this idea. I've always wished I could find a server or guild for "people who kind of suck at the game tbh and don't have the time or interest to just git gud but just want to have fun amd enjoy the narrative". I actually set up a cmangos server on my computer to have a sandboxed version of the game to explore and it's fun but not as satisfying as playing with other internet strangers.
There are guilds like that out there. I know mine doesn't care, whether or not you always push the right buttons. There are more important things, like being a somewhat decent human being.

Suriel666

Post by Suriel666 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:18 am

If you want to solo the game you can go and play on SoloCraft, but TurtleWoW is supposed to be an MMO and the sense of community is a huge portion of what makes this game so great.

Naginatasquid

Post by Naginatasquid » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:59 am

Let me clarify, as several replies don't seem to get my point. I do not want to play a single player game, I enjoy player run economies, RPing with others (although as the server has grown in population, the roleplay part has sadly mostly died out), the occasional PvP, or teaming up with a stranger for a short quest.
I just find it regrettable to not be able to access dungeon content, which seems pretty central to the story, due to time constraints. I don't see how anyone with a job and family can just carve out several hours of completely uninterrupted play, let alone have the time to learn about the dungeon and bosses beforehand, practice execution of tactics and all that, so none of their party members just flame them to death and leave halfway through.