streets demand to fix the shaman!!!

Persefona1998

streets demand to fix the shaman!!!

Post by Persefona1998 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:51 pm

I play melee dd shaman. and I don't know how to play. I want to use one-handed weapons and have my game dependent on my skill. Because with a two-handed weapon, everything depends only on luck - whether the windfuri will work or not. Vanilla retri paladins only auto-attacked. But you fixed them. And now it's a great class with a lot of damage. also they are fun to play. Why don't they fix shamans? Give the ability to use two one-handed weapons and some kind of offensive ability. For example, a left hand strike. Or make stormstrike earlier. Because it's a shame when you auto-attack half the game.

Even in Warcraft 3, the shaman unit had claws on both hands. Why in wow can't I do the same???
And two-handed weapons make fire and ice buffs unnecessary. Why are they needed if with a two-handed weapon you have a chance to kill someone only with a windfuri ??? Streets demand to fix shamans!!! I'm not asking for some super powers that paladins have, but just for the shaman to be playable!!!

the shaman at the lower levels is even worse than the pet. The pet has an attack bite. The shaman doesn't have ANY offensive attack ability. And a melee shaman cannot take a one-handed weapon in his left hand. What does it mean???? Why can't a shaman take a weapon in his left hand??? This is not a shaman, this is a shame. If you do not want to repair the shaman, then you need to rename it to Shame!

Bigsmerf

Re: streets demand to fix the shaman!!!

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:11 pm

I personally am having a pretty decent experience with both my shamans. One is 16 I believe, and the other is...13? I've tanked on one, and it was quite fun, and pretty easily manageable. Resto shaman is awesome in end game, and while sure, ele and enh leave MUCH to be desired, so do ret and prot. Also, claiming "The pet does better than the shaman at low level" (Which I'm assuming means hunter pets...?) Is completely, utterly, objectively and immensely false. At no point in the game does a hunter pet overpower any class.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:14 pm

Persefona1998 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:51 pm

the shaman at the lower levels is even worse than the pet. The pet has an attack bite. The shaman doesn't have ANY offensive attack ability.
Lightning bolt, earth shock, fire shock, searing totem and possibly weapon enhancements would like to have a word with you.

Persefona1998

Post by Persefona1998 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:14 pm

By the phrase that "the pet is better than the shaman at low levels" I don't mean that the pet is stronger, but that at low levels the pet has an offensive ability! Bite! And melee dd shaman doesn't have ANY offensive ability. Not one at all. No punch, no punch with the other hand. Nothing at all. Only auto-attack and magic. It's a shame.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:23 pm

Persefona1998 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:14 pm
By the phrase that "the pet is better than the shaman at low levels" I don't mean that the pet is stronger, but that at low levels the pet has an offensive ability! Bite! And melee dd shaman doesn't have ANY offensive ability. Not one at all. No punch, no punch with the other hand. Nothing at all. Only auto-attack and magic. It's a shame.
The magic is an offensive ability. Earth shock can be used within melee range instantly and deals some good damage. You also have lightning shield, and searing totem, which work at range AS WELL as melee. That's three different sources of damage that work in melee combat at level ten granted you do the fire totem quest as soon as you can. Two if the enemy isn't hitting you. Just because it doesn't have "Melee attack" written into it doesn't mean it's not for a melee specialization. That's what enhancement shaman is. It utilizes totems and ENHANCEMENT abilities to strengthen their normal attacks and occasionally blast enemies with close range magic. It's not just a warrior or other melee class. The way it plays gives it identity and flavour. At least this is my opinion, and opinions are subjective. I like the way shaman plays, and that's why I play it (Even if I don't do it much...)

Geojak
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Geojak » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:49 pm

I think the should add shaman dual wielding at lvl 20.
I know, the devs have stated that they, tested it and it did worse dps than 2h specc.
Well in that case there isn't even any balance concerns. Just do it :)

Why not make storms trike baseline shammy abillity, too and add something new in the talent tree

Yuzhouxingren

Post by Yuzhouxingren » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:07 pm

If you want dual-wielding Shamans, you're free to go play a BC or Wrath era server. To say a Shaman without DW is not Shaman on a Vanilla era server is kinda tone deaf.

And the fact you are whining about Shamans not having an attack option at low levels despite their bar being full of attack options shows you don't care about Shaman at all, don't understand the core class fantasy, and want to ruin the experience for people who do.

I agree Shaman needs some rebalancing, especially at end game, but I really hope they don't listen to you when they do it. wary_turtle

Diorum1

Post by Diorum1 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:25 pm

The way people talk about shaman on here half the time it feels like they hate the class and'd be just happier playing something else.

Geojak
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Geojak » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:41 pm

Diorum1 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:25 pm
The way people talk about shaman on here half the time it feels like they hate the class and'd be just happier playing something else.
Which is 100% what is, haooening
Shaman is one, of the most popular classes low level and during eleving and quite rare at endgame and in raids. Why? Because eventually peolle relaise they are happier playing a better class

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:06 am

Geojak wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:49 pm
Well in that case there isn't even any balance concerns. Just do it :)
Because then all the balance complaints will shun the 2H in favor of balancing around DW, like giving the OH an imbue, etc.

It's opening a can of worms.

Getplucked

Post by Getplucked » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:54 am

If you want to play a dual wield melee, Warrior and Rogue are right there.

Like the others said, giving shaman dual wield is just opening a whole can of class balance worms.
Geojak wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:41 pm
Which is 100% what is, haooening
Shaman is one, of the most popular classes low level and during eleving and quite rare at endgame and in raids. Why? Because eventually peolle relaise they are happier playing a better class
and because they realize that endgame raiding as a shaman is dropping totems and then mashing your chain heal key until the boss is dead

Saltybro

Post by Saltybro » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:56 am

I think two can make windfury attacks no longer consumes attack speed boost charges, and add a talent or passive which can give spell hit equal to melee hit you got from gear