Download the game — Mysteries of Azerorth

Bbig

Re: Mysteries of Azerorth — client download options

Post by Bbig » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:55 am

And those who are playing on linux with bottles.
The patcher does not work.

How hard can it be to provide a working 1.17 client?

Jazzadmin

Post by Jazzadmin » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:08 pm

Bbig wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:55 am

cant agree more

Dumpsterwizard

Post by Dumpsterwizard » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:11 pm

Bbig wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:55 am

bro, have patience
Magic is a big dump, and i am the Dumpster Wizard!

Mumble78

Post by Mumble78 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:32 pm

Here i found old client link
viewtopic.php?p=54611#p54611

Susej114

Post by Susej114 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:00 pm

Windiestsplash2 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:50 am
Hey guys, here is a solution that worked for me. if you still have the previous installation folder, make sure to download the patch(~350MB), than make sure to delete your wow.exe and wowfov.exe. Run the patch and it will reinstall the correct versions.
+1 worked for me too, nice workaround o7

Dumpsterwizard

Post by Dumpsterwizard » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:01 pm

Windiestsplash2 wrote:
Hey guys, here is a solution that worked for me. if you still have the previous installation folder, make sure to download the patch(~350MB), than make sure to delete your wow.exe and wowfov.exe. Run the patch and it will reinstall the correct versions.
That actually worked for a moment! I launched wow.exe and i could get to my character selection menu, but then i was droped to desktop, and wow.exe file vanished, so then i clicked on wowfov.exe and i even get to login to game! But just for a couple of minutes, and same story repeated. Fov file also vanished. But what interesting - i saw people playing and questing. unhappy_turtle

Kwaan

Post by Kwaan » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:02 pm

Not broken client

Direct download and torrent: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... XWS0ADCr_2

Susej114

Post by Susej114 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:06 pm

Dumpsterwizard wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:01 pm
Windiestsplash2 wrote:
That actually worked for a moment! I launched wow.exe and i could get to my character selection menu, but then i was droped to desktop, and wow.exe file vanished, so then i clicked on wowfov.exe and i even get to login to game! But just for a couple of minutes, and same story repeated. Fov file also vanished. But what interesting - i saw people playing and questing. unhappy_turtle
Disable any anti virus software and clear your WDB folder, run patch again, it might restore the .exe

Dumpsterwizard

Post by Dumpsterwizard » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:07 pm

Dumpsterwizard wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:01 pm
Windiestsplash2 wrote:
So system deleted these two files from client folder, i undeleted them with my right click in folder menu, they came back, and started game again, client reupdated, wow.exe deleted again, but wowfov stayed, i launched it and game started, and working well. hope it helps

Pistor45

Post by Pistor45 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:41 pm

blow this up so devs see

Bbig

Post by Bbig » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:50 pm

I dled now 7 times. This is stupid.

Devs need to upload a working version with a different name to their CDN.
(Or use mega and co.)
Why? - CDNs work like that. They take your file and spread it to servers of their network so users can download it from there.
The propagation takes time; noone will know which of the file (non-working or working) you are dling, when they use the same name!

Turnarinewang

Post by Turnarinewang » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:09 pm

Windiestsplash2 wrote:
smiling_turtle It's the right way. Thank you very much!

Pak5000

Post by Pak5000 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:15 pm

Both the new client and the newest patch (1.17) seem to fail either extracting files (multiple data errors) or installing patch (data3 failed) and the client will not launch after patching.

Luciusverus

Post by Luciusverus » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:17 pm

The fresh download link is not working. It fails every time.

Updater is also not working.

Deadlyshadows

Post by Deadlyshadows » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:28 pm

When I use these Links and Download the game it does not allow me to install gives error codes to where I can't install the game fresh or using updated one also did not work which is why I uninstalled everything and now I can do anything.

Turnarinewang

Post by Turnarinewang » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:31 pm

"Your game interface files are corrupt. Please remove your Interface\FrameXML folder" WHEN load character UI. I removed "interface" folder, but it does not work.
The FrameXML.log: "10/3 22:24:03.994 ** Loading table of contents Interface\FrameXML\FrameXML.toc
10/3 22:24:03.994 ++ Loading file Interface\FrameXML\Turtle_TransmogUI\Turtle_TransmogUI.xml
10/3 22:24:03.994 Couldn't find inherited node: TransmogPlayerSlotSmall
10/3 22:24:03.994 ++ Loading file Interface\FrameXML\Turtle_ShopUI\Turtle_ShopUI.xml
10/3 22:24:03.994 Texture ShopFrameEntryFrameImage: Unable to load texture file Interface\ShopFrame\1\1"

Bluesun

Post by Bluesun » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:45 pm

Linux using Proton:

Patcher fails with a generic message.

Tried downloading the full client, fails to unzip with the following error messages:

```
inflating: Data/misc.MPQ
inflating: Data/model.MPQ
inflating: Data/patch-2.MPQ
inflating: Data/patch-3.mpq
error: invalid compressed data to inflate
inflating: Data/patch-4.mpq
file #21: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 2812897116
inflating: Data/sound.MPQ
inflating: Data/speech.MPQ
inflating: Data/terrain.MPQ
inflating: Data/texture.MPQ
```

Aizawakai

Post by Aizawakai » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:14 pm

after the game was updated to version 1.17, the client frequently crashes without any error messages.
it simply becomes unresponsive. In the computer's processes, the memory usage reaches up to 952.4MB.
this issue occurs approximately every 20 to 30 minutes in the open world and almost immediately, about a minute after logging in, when in Stormwind City.
currently, it's impossible to play the game properly.

Pistor45

Post by Pistor45 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:24 pm

seem to not be able to play unless you still have 1.16.5 client (which i deleted) and copy patch data from it to the new one

pls fix 1.17 client download

Avagormertw

Post by Avagormertw » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:42 pm

Linux users need full working client version.
Patching isnt working crying_turtle

Pistor45

Post by Pistor45 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:25 pm

just downloaded 1.17 client worked for me

Aizawakai

Post by Aizawakai » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:58 pm

Aizawakai wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:14 pm
after the game was updated to version 1.17, the client frequently crashes without any error messages.
it simply becomes unresponsive. In the computer's processes, the memory usage reaches up to 952.4MB.
this issue occurs approximately every 20 to 30 minutes in the open world and almost immediately, about a minute after logging in, when in Stormwind City.
currently, it's impossible to play the game properly.
Mms0633 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:22 pm
Turn off game sound

Normal running game
it works for me!
all I need to do is uncheck this option, and it prevents the client from crashing.
Main Memu -> Sound Options -> Enable All Sound

Tmor1999

Post by Tmor1999 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:16 pm

My computer said it found trojan horse virus's on the 1.17 client download posted here.

Niralthas

Post by Niralthas » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:43 pm

As we saw on Discord this evening (EU), there are a few issues which causes the patcher to not work as it should. Following files and mirrors for a fresh client may be of help as a last resort. First try this approach, made available by CARMINE FALCONE on Discord: https://discord.com/channels/4666224558 ... 3491612682

In most cases, however, you should choose to download a fresh 1.17.0 install and make sure antivirus settings or other applications are not interfering with the download folder of the archive or the folder where it has been extracted. The folder for downloading and installing should be excluded.
Note that because of the sheer number of downloads and installs of the new Patch 1.17.0 some popular Antivirus programs have flagged our client download or WoW.exe as malicious / trojan. This is done in error and the only reason for this is because lots of players all at the same time are using the new client.
This might cause issues with downloads or installs and we recommend that you make an exception for the new client folder to prevent running into additional issues.
For Windows users, this is often a solution: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... %20process.

You can download a fresh version of 1.17.0 from one of the following mirrors:
https://turtle-wow.b-cdn.net/twmoa_1170.zip
https://turtle-archives.online/mirror/t ... ip.torrent (needs more seeders)
https://turtle-archives.online/mirror/twmoa_1170.zip

P.S. SHA256 checksum of the original archive is E3EA8B8177D84EBFFC091B1A65FA24BDAEDF3A297C991E497AFAF26326670A35. All other mirrors provide the same checksum. If you are unsure about the trustworthiness of these mirrors, you can check the SHA256 checksum. You can do this in Windows Powershell with: Get-FileHash .\twmoa_1170.zip
Last edited by Niralthas on Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
Bio: viewtopic.php?p=15278#p15278
Feel free to approach me for any RP (or raffle) related questions!

Traintech

Post by Traintech » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:32 am

Most of the error messages I have seen here on the forums seem to say that file X is missing. Not sure how that's not to helpful. I took the 1.17 zip file, and read errors, and then recovered the missing MPQ files from the 1.16.5 Zip and everything is working just fine. The main issue would be server side resets but while it's frustrating on the user end, I am sure they are working really hard to get things up and running. It will be ready when it's ready.

Snoodydood

Post by Snoodydood » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:37 am

Coming back to Twow to try new content and tried downloading the 1.17 in the OP and all 3 mirrors on turtle discord, there are still corrupt files in each one. I'm sure they are probably aware seeing as how many people are describing this problem but it would still be nice to hear something

Niralthas

Post by Niralthas » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:01 am

Both mirrors have the same SHA256 checksum and when I check the integrity there are no errors. I have created a torrent file, which is a more robust means of delivery. How does this work?

https://turtle-archives.online/mirror/t ... ip.torrent
Last edited by Niralthas on Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bio: viewtopic.php?p=15278#p15278
Feel free to approach me for any RP (or raffle) related questions!

Roachlin

Post by Roachlin » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:13 am

just download the latest link, and it extract well

Yazukebxd

Post by Yazukebxd » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:44 am

Hello, I have a serious problem.. I'm a Win7 user since the update on 10/03/2023 I've been having an error when entering the world with all my characters I've had error #132 I've tried different ways to fix it and even downloaded the game again. . please help me dead_turtle_head

Madgogbg

Post by Madgogbg » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:12 am

Windiestsplash2 wrote:
It worked for me on Linux with Lutris. THX!

Sealgair

Post by Sealgair » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:44 pm

Cant extract that game file. Keep getting errors unable to extract after downloading 1.7Gb of data (issue seems to be in the Data folder as all other files extracted ok). Made mistake to delete the older client so got to do this from scratch now.

Looking forward to update.

Using Linuxmint 20.3

Jonnvegas792

Post by Jonnvegas792 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:35 am

Thank you!

Kayafaskain

Post by Kayafaskain » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:51 pm

Невозможно загрузить клиент, посл 10 часовой загрузки!!! Как в это играть, не имея даже прошлого клиента???
Ошибка с texture.MPQ файлом! Я не желаю скачивать ещё раз 10 часов!!!

Ragdain

Post by Ragdain » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:04 pm

Hello i just downloaded but there is not TWPatcher.exe on the folder so i cant auto update the game.
How can i fix it?
ALso where or how i can get the hd packs for the gamke

Stormyij

Post by Stormyij » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:08 am

Hi all trying to download the link but not worked other solution? Yhank u so much