I suggest renaming Warmode

Krokzogg

I suggest renaming Warmode

Post by Krokzogg » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:41 pm

Often people complain about being ganked in Warmode. It seems to me that the problem is that the name of the mode does not sufficiently describe the mode itself. A stronger name is needed. Rough and uncompromising.

For example: Hell on Azeroth mode, Gank my Tender mode, Fear the Players mode, Enemies All Around mode, Hard PVP mode, Mad Massacre mode, Crazy PVP Survive.

After that, no one will dare to say "Why am I being ganked in Gank my Tender mode?" (or in Crazy PVP Survive).

Reptilewow

Re: I suggest renaming Warmode

Post by Reptilewow » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:11 pm

*POV: You're Torta and decide to weird out and prioritize this over finishing 1.16.6 or issues from the GitHub bugtracker.
*2 hours later: Fixed + added better description
*2 hours later on the Forum: "OMG WHY ARE THERE ALLIES IN DEATHKNELL I AM JUST CHILLING WITH THE NEW "GET GANKED IN THE BUTT MODE"..."

The end

Rat2156

Post by Rat2156 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:25 pm

Realisticly nothing will change as long as people feel entitled to +30% xp

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:56 pm

Reptilewow wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:11 pm
*2 hours later on the Forum: "OMG WHY ARE THERE ALLIES IN DEATHKNELL I AM JUST CHILLING WITH THE NEW "GET GANKED IN THE BUTT MODE"..."
Sold. Ship it! Perfect name.

And I agree, it's a mindset problem. I've leveled to 60 on Slow & Steady, then did some regular mode alts and now I'm checking out Warmode on new alts. I've been ganked a few times, even in the starter area and in low level zones on both factions. I don't even get mad, it's part of the deal. It's obscene how much faster Warmode makes your levelling, it's well worth a few corpse runs. Personally I don't get what gankers get out of this, but oh well. To each their own. I wouldn't dream of whispering them or complaining about them, but I guess there is a whole new generation on the internet that didn't grow up with the "do not feed the trolls" mantra.

Sinergy

Post by Sinergy » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:08 pm

People with warmode on should have their xfaction communication disabled.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:27 pm

IMO Grief me daddy mode should be A hardcore exclusive

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:50 am

Happy to see we're dropping the pretence of "pvp" and just describing world pvp and warmode for what it usually is 90% of the time: ganking and griefing.

Maybe we can add a special title for level 60s that gank lowbies multiple times, whilst screaming "ENJOY THE RUN BACK B*TCH", as well: Sh*thead.

Darbo

Post by Darbo » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:52 am

Optional PVP. People complain. Lmao

Krokzogg

Post by Krokzogg » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:09 pm

Zulnam wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:50 am
Happy to see we're dropping the pretence of "pvp" and just describing world pvp and warmode for what it usually is 90% of the time: ganking and griefing.

Maybe we can add a special title for level 60s that gank lowbies multiple times, whilst screaming "ENJOY THE RUN BACK B*TCH", as well: Sh*thead.

War is always dishonorable. These are always ambushes and surprise attacks.

How else to convey the enmity between the factions? You can imagine that an orc, coming out of the forest with an ax, will ask a man "Do you have time to fight me?". Or an elf will walk up to the undead and slay "Sorry to distract you from eating a corpse. I'd love to cross blades with you. What do you think?".

No enmity, no war, no cruelty is visible. Tension and constant danger are not visible.