The Hardcore Update: Inferno Mode

Bloodphobos

Re: The Hardcore Update

Post by Bloodphobos » Mon May 29, 2023 11:28 am

Nokidding wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 11:15 am
Bloodphobos wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 9:25 am
@Akalix Idea to add HC for 60 player is great, but tree new additions make me feel very sad
Akalix wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 3:35 am
  • With this change, we will be retiring the <Still Alive> guild upon release. A new indicator will be added to show that players are participating in the Hardcore Gamemode.
Why do you remove still alive for ppl who didn't get 60? this addition probably was one of the marvelous thing in Turtle HC wow and now you kill it. Still alive brought absolutely new quality of social relation and was a strawberry of this server. Guys, I'm absolutely sure you are gin to do BIGGG MISTAKE! Why don't you left still alive as is for ppl who didn't reach 60? What the problem to keep it? Please double think again and don't remove “still alive” with its lampy atmosphere.
Akalix wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 3:35 am

New Titles
  • Challenger - Title for those who complete the [Challenger] attunement.
  • Conqueror of the Flames - Challenger Ragnaros Kill
  • Conqueror of the Dragons - Challenger Nefarian Kill
  • Conqueror of the Qiraji - Challenger C'Thun Kill
  • Conqueror of the Frozen - Challenger Kel'Thuzad Kill
  • Ascended Champion - The deal is done, penned in blood. Did you really think you'd be able to back out now?
There are so many new titles which do not have anything with existing Immortal. Don't you think this change devalues existing "Immortal" achievements? I think, no doubt. Why didn't you create all new titles with the "Immortal" prefix, like "Immortal of the Flames", "Immortal of the Dragons".. In that case everyone knows that "Wow, this guy is a cool man, he managed to do Immortal and even more - managed to kill Ragnaros as immortal , wow!"..., when after your update we get absolutely new titles, they will be VERY VERY VERY rare and everyone just won't associate them with well known "Immortal"

Also, according to the provided description, it seems like you want to allow ppl who already farm Naxx with closed eyes to start the 60 HC chain and get Conqueror of the Frozen right after the patch. If this is true - this is an awful and ridiculous addition.
I think you’re misunderstanding the concept:

Anyone who is 60 already (whether immortal or not doesn’t matter), can NOT participate in 60 HC anymore, so can NOT get the mentioned achievements or finish the new questline.

It is only available to HC players who have not hit 60 yet.
You say it like such ppl won't get Immortal if they chose a challenge and then got 60. So, will they still get immortal? If yes, then I guess it's you’re misunderstanding the concept of my point:
if they are immortals (with challenge) and they want to be more immortal, it's logical to get something like Immortal of XXX, which means that they didn't stop just on "Immortal" and went further and got "Immortal of {{something}}".

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Mon May 29, 2023 1:42 pm

All of these changes, and yet there's still no official Hardcore War Mode option…

C'mon, guys! You'll be fine as long as you party up and play it safe! Really! (:
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Mon May 29, 2023 3:04 pm

I don’t like the title “challenger”. Doesn’t really pack a punch.

Deathbringer
Eternal
Undying
Masochist

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Mon May 29, 2023 4:43 pm

Why would they get the 'Immortal' title when they can still die?... Would make more sense to get a 'Mortal' title or something at 60 HC

Nerasw

Post by Nerasw » Mon May 29, 2023 6:23 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 4:43 pm
Why would they get the 'Immortal' title when they can still die?... Would make more sense to get a 'Mortal' title or something at 60 HC
They won't. It is challenger.

Akalix

Re: The Hardcore Update: Inferno Mode

Post by Akalix » Mon May 29, 2023 6:58 pm

Greetings.

Minor changes have been made, including:
1. Challenger Mode -> Inferno Mode
2. <Still Alive> title announced as HC-indicator
3. Mount still subject to change.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Bloodrzr

Post by Bloodrzr » Mon May 29, 2023 8:05 pm

Don't disband the guild <Still Alive>. Do you want to create a new chat-channel? Ok. Do you want to create a new mark for HC-players? Ok. But don't disband the guild <Still Alive>. If someone doesn't like this guild, then they go to another one, for example russian HC-guild <Going to Death>. For me, the guild chat <Still Alive> was a HC-chat, but the main thing was that it was GREEN and easily attracted attention. Now I will have to look for the information I need among other GRAY channels. Save <Still Alive>!

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Mon May 29, 2023 8:16 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:31 am
Just out of curiosity; Is there a way to opt out of the indicator showing that tells people you're Hardcore? I'm leveling a Hardcore Warmode character (for the challenge) and I'm somewhere in my level 40s. A big part of the reason I've gotten this high on my character is because I've camouflaged in with the non-Hardcore characters by leaving Still Alive and joining a normal guild (I've had a known Hardcore griefer run right by me completely oblivious).
An indicator saying I'm hardcore would ruin my character and effectively eliminate all chances of him getting to 60.
Don't worry, you aren't getting by us HCWM hunters anyway. We parse the hardcore armory to find your name, where it cannot be removed, and if so execute.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Mon May 29, 2023 8:17 pm

Bloodrzr wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:05 pm
Don't disband the guild <Still Alive>. Do you want to create a new chat-channel? Ok. Do you want to create a new mark for HC-players? Ok. But don't disband the guild <Still Alive>. If someone doesn't like this guild, then they go to another one, for example russian HC-guild <Going to Death>. For me, the guild chat <Still Alive> was a HC-chat, but the main thing was that it was GREEN and easily attracted attention. Now I will have to look for the information I need among other GRAY channels. Save <Still Alive>!
To you and everyone else who doesn't know better, Custom chat channels can have their color changed. You can set it to be green if you want, and nothing has effectively changed.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Bloodphobos

Post by Bloodphobos » Mon May 29, 2023 10:32 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 4:43 pm
so, It's impossible to get immortal if you started challenge and finished it, right? I thought firstly that you can get immortal if u finished challege... So, looks like challange guys, will be mortal at 60 forever, right?

Xcit3

Post by Xcit3 » Mon May 29, 2023 11:05 pm

Once the STILL ALIVE guild will be retiring, will there be any good option to see rooster of hardcore players online?

I mean, there are many players that left that guild before this update for many reasons but in my opinion, most players want to be part of that community. I got it, wewill get our own world channel so we can communicate with others hardcore players easily and that chat is even better becouse you can be in it even if you change guild. That's really good.

But to be honest, not everyone is checking nonstop world chat. And that's big deal. Mostly if you looking for specific players.

Let's say. Now if you looking for healer for dung or some really hard quest, you can open guild tab, scroll to your level range 5+- and ask people who have ability to heal in /w, if they are up for that dung/quest or not. It's more effective than spam for hours in guild/world chat. Also there wont be a tons of spam in chat like "LF HEAL for xyz" every 20 sec for 1 hour. Also, if you tried everyone that have ability to heal in your level range and noone want to join, you have nice idea about how pointless it will be to spam your LFG phrase if there is noone to help you and you can try later instead. It work on retail too, becouse there are no limits like hardcore and non-hardcore players, just instead of guild rooster you will use Who tab and enter lvl in search so you can see list of online players on that exact level.

Now if you retire whole STILL ALIVE guild, there will be only no option (correct me if i'm wrong and whole this post is pointless) to show list of at least most of only hardcore players that are online and in your level range. You can use Who but there will be mix of HC and non-HC players so it's not the best either but still at least something.

Is there possibility to implement some LIST of HC players, that are online with search function at least for level and class, so we can spam less in world/guild chat and more like actualy talking to people and politly ask them if they are interested in activities we can do together and help each other?

Thank you whole Turtle Team for your hard work. satisfied_turtle satisfied_turtle

Shroudedsoul

Post by Shroudedsoul » Tue May 30, 2023 1:51 am

Jolikmc wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:42 pm
All of these changes, and yet there's still no official Hardcore War Mode option…

C'mon, guys! You'll be fine as long as you party up and play it safe! Really! (:

Sounds like a max level gankers paradise. It wouldn't be fun for anyone else.

Edouchan

Post by Edouchan » Tue May 30, 2023 10:11 pm

Nerat wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:41 am
Edouchan wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:07 am
Is there nothing that can be done to eleviate the annoyance? Like if HC players tag a mob, let the non HC get quest progress if they get a hit. There seems to be a lot of aggression towards eachother because of how it stands currently
I think the actual annoyance are non-HC players and their suggestions like getting free credit for someone else's kill. What next, you want loot from mobs HC players kill to be available freely for all non-HC chars too?
actually, i just want it so that why you *CHOOSE* to tick a box to say "I will taint this community, not allowing normal players to group with me for quest credit on mobs with a 5-7 minute reset, even though theres a group of 4 normal players, ill get the tag solo" that you can be the least amount of a stain as possible if were forced to share a server.

get real you idiot

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:21 pm

To reiterate: If you ever become Immortal, and leave the Hardcore ecosystem, you will not be able to reenter it. Once you're out of HC, you're out.

Reptilewow

Post by Reptilewow » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:39 pm

I will certainly die before 60 due to an unforeseen event related to my general cognitive dysfunction, but I am still hyped for Inferno Mode

Rmxx

Post by Rmxx » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:13 pm

As it stands, getting to Lv60 as " hardcore " is incredibly easy, that even a small child could do it blindfolded.
As for the Raids well, they are known to be the easiest raids ever designed compared to modern-standards.

I hope that these Titles require atleast the entire Raid to be hardcore, or else this could very easily be exploitable.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:28 am

Rmxx wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:13 pm
As it stands, getting to Lv60 as " hardcore " is incredibly easy, that even a small child could do it blindfolded.
As for the Raids well, they are known to be the easiest raids ever designed compared to modern-standards.

I hope that these Titles require atleast the entire Raid to be hardcore, or else this could very easily be exploitable.
well since they won't leave the hc-ecosystem, all HC-rules will still apply, so they can't group/trade with Non-HC-Players.

Reptilewow

Post by Reptilewow » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:01 am

Rmxx wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:13 pm
I hope that these Titles require atleast the entire Raid to be hardcore...
I don't see why you would ever think that to be the case.

As Mav points out - It is still HC - Just 1 lvl higher than before.

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:15 am

I think <Still Alive> should be a thing.
Most time there are 1000+ players online so your LFG messages can get missed due to a very active guild chat.

My suggestion is to have HC guild level range brackets, which has a play on the Hardcore name, so everyone knows which players are HC and who isn't.

The range could be some like this, so it's easier for members to find someone around the same level and group up for content and trade. Once hitting the level range, you get put into the next guild, so this makes guild chat clean up a bit and isn't flooded with messaging that doesn't apply to you.

1. Level 1-29 <Still Alive Hardcore>
2. Level 30-49 <Still Living Hardcore
3. Level 50- 59 <Not Dead Hardcore>
4. Level 60 <Alive And Kicking Hardcore>

A Hardcore Channel is a good idea, but having a guild is so helpful.
if this guild idea was input into the server, I would say a Hardcore channel for the community would be nice, so players can get to know each other within different levels ranges and people can learn from players deaths etc.

This is just my idea, but having guildes around the same level would be a great feature to more forward as a team and make it to level 60 demigods.
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:41 pm

I didn't catch it anywhere but:

We kinda need some sort of phylacteries, most likely made by alchemists, that will allow people to store their soul and NOT die when we die. It should be some sort of gold sink, expensive stuff to make. Otherwise, one mistake might cost people months of play to regain guild strength.

Lasershadow

Post by Lasershadow » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:29 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 3:04 pm
I don’t like the title “challenger”. Doesn’t really pack a punch.

Deathbringer
Eternal
Undying
Masochist
Or CHAMPION. =P

"Champion! I need ya ta get me Azerite!" Oh thinking about the memes spammed from that would be hilarious! ROFL!

Eternal sounds cool though. Maybe "Destined" "Destroyer" "<name> Jenkins" "Vanquisher" "<name> the Fearless"

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:35 am

Heimdallr wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:41 pm

We kinda need some sort of phylacteries, most likely made by alchemists, that will allow people to store their soul and NOT die when we die. It should be some sort of gold sink, expensive stuff to make. Otherwise, one mistake might cost people months of play to regain guild strength.
But isn't that the point?

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:25 am

Xerilin wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:35 am
Heimdallr wrote:

Well, If you think about it, still having high risk of not having that, or having that item on CD is a hardcore...but I was simply thinking - If you do all the mechanics, preparations and so on, to support HC raiding, IF server works correctly and it''s simply player fault that there is a wipe, people have to start weeks to months of regaining what they lost to start again...that is like 90% of farm, 10% fun. You don't go to raid without bis, bis is long farm for single person, whole guild needs it. You also need level, quest progress etc. I might be wrong, but that sounds like one wipe and guild is not repeating that, because it's simply not worth the effort

Gladeshadow

Post by Gladeshadow » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:41 am

That is indeed missing the entire point. Are you interested in the challenge or are you theorizing?

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:46 am

Heimdallr wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:25 am
Xerilin wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:35 am
Heimdallr wrote:

Well, If you think about it, still having high risk of not having that, or having that item on CD is a hardcore...but I was simply thinking - If you do all the mechanics, preparations and so on, to support HC raiding, IF server works correctly and it''s simply player fault that there is a wipe, people have to start weeks to months of regaining what they lost to start again...that is like 90% of farm, 10% fun. You don't go to raid without bis, bis is long farm for single person, whole guild needs it. You also need level, quest progress etc. I might be wrong, but that sounds like one wipe and guild is not repeating that, because it's simply not worth the effort
For many people, the art of perfecting their gameplay and preparing for the battle is the fun. The joy is the journey and seeing how far they get, not only the success.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:50 am

Heimdallr wrote:

Death is permanent.

We will not be adding this feature, as it is against the nature of the Hardcore challenge.

Jokke

Post by Jokke » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:30 pm

The amount of people in this thread not understanding what HC is, is astonishing. Adding QoL of ANY kind is directly against the nature of Vanilla HC.

Great changes, TWoW team.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:34 pm

Akalix wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:50 am
Heimdallr wrote:

Death is permanent.

We will not be adding this feature, as it is against the nature of the Hardcore challenge.
Sounds like what you're looking for is this thing called Non-HC Mode... How you get this is you just level normally and don't take the HC Challenge.

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:34 am

Not really, I am thinking about the classic farm. For example, if you wipe, you need to run 1-60 again, then farm pre raid bis, craft tons of stuff etc. When you die, from fun hardcore game, you got Grindcore - I was thinking only about solving this to improve replayability, like I don't know, easier set access or what

Somni

Post by Somni » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:07 pm

Strong updated getting rid of the Still Alive scrub guild. If you cry about you need that guild tag to show HC you are low T & not true hc.

Goldshrehoslayr

Post by Goldshrehoslayr » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:59 pm

Hopefully it kicks you out of the HC chat upon hitting 60. Otherwise it'll be a bunch of max levels fishing for attention cuz they have no friends, like 59s and 60s who stayed in <Still Alive> satisfied_turtle_head

Alvp

Post by Alvp » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:59 am

Still Alive is salt and pepper - dont kill em PLS

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:01 pm

Minor Changes:
  • Part 1 release moved to 4pm GMT on Friday, June 16th.
  • Titles modified: "Conqueror of..." -> "Vanquisher of..."

Sinergy

Post by Sinergy » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:20 pm

Next give them own general/trade chat so they stop spamming ours.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:54 pm

Can you add titles to /who name
Currently you get
[name] level xx race class <guild> - location
Pls add after guild <active title>
This way we will still be to tell who is hc.

Additional when using the /who table, you csn choose race/guild/zone to be displayed in the list
Here we also need /title

This would rly be cool
You can also filter for example
Z-"Winterspring" 57-63
This could be extended with a title search like
t-"Still alive"

I don't know if this is possible to do with the client that we can properly edid as we do not have source code and can't just compile it with changes.but if this is doable or even server side, then pls this would add alot