Gifted's All-in-One 0-33-18 Druid Build

Gifted

Gifted's All-in-One 0-33-18 Druid Build

Post by Gifted » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:33 am

I thought I'd post my all-in-one druid talent build that lets you both tank and heal 5-man instances. This is my permanent spec on Turtle WoW, and with the right set of tanking and/or healing gear you can do both without having to respec every run. You can also do some dps with this build in cat form, but you'll never be able to compete with the 'pure' dps classes!

Balance - 0 Points

Feral - 33 Points

5/5 Ferocity (reduce cost of maul, swipe, claw, and rake by 5 rage)
5/5 Feral Instinct (increase threat 15% in bear form)
5/5 Thick Hide (increase armor from items by 10%)
1/1 Feral Charge (a charge that interrupts spell casting for 4s)
3/3 Sharpened Claws (increase crit 6% in bear or cat form)
3/3 Predatory Strikes (increase melee AP 150% of level in bear or cat form)
2/2 Primal Fury (100% chance on crit to gain 5 rage in bear form)
2/2 Savage Fury (increase damage by claw, rake, maul, and swipe by 20%)
1/1 Faerie Fire (ranged attack, reduces armor by 175, high threat)
5/5 Heart of the Wild (increase int 20%, increase stam 20% in bear form, increase strength 20% in cat form)
1/1 Leader of the Pack (increase melee crit in party by 3%)

Restoration - 18 Points

5/5 Furor (100% chance of 10 rage in bear form or 40 energy in cat form)
5/5 Improved Healing Touch (0.5s reduced cast time)
3/3 Reflection (15% mana regen)
5/5 Subtlety (20% threat reduction)

This build affords you all of the talents needed to tank, so you should be strong there. The healing is just enough for the reduced cast time on your major heal (Healing Touch), increased mana regeneration, and the all important threat reduction! The talents in Heart of the Wild in the Feral tree give you a 20% increase in intellect that most full restoration druids don't get to benefit from! Using mostly Rejuvenation (instant HoT) and spamming Healing Touch (Rank 4) with the occasional Healing Touch (Rank 10) for emergencies you can heal most instances and off-heal during raids pretty effectively while still having all your druid flexibility with innervate, decursing, a fearie fire debuff, and a battle rez!

The only sacrifice you're making from a full feral tank build is the points in the Balance tree. You lose Natural Weapons which gives a 10% increase in physical attacks in all forms as well as Omen of Clarity which gives you a chance to enter a Clearcasting state where your next spell or ability costs no mana/rage/energy.

Not a bad trade-off for the ability to heal 5-mans and raids if you ask me...

~Gifted

Yutilk

Re: Gifted's All-in-One 0-33-18 Druid Build

Post by Yutilk » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:54 am

Interesting build I'll login and try it out it!

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:22 pm

This is a stronger tanking build than it is a healing build. If you're just starting to try it out I recommend tanking several instances first and build a decent healing set along the way before you try healing instances.

~Gifted

Claboth

Post by Claboth » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:22 pm

I've been using 0/30/21 again lately, as respec money went down the drain.
I like to have the nature's swiftness as an extra 'oh shit' combo when healing dungeons and raids.

Before that I used to moonglow spec to heal in raids, more mana efficiency for longer fights.
When gear upgrades came along I returned to the heart of the wild/nature swiftness spec.

The points in feral tree are 3/5 Thick Hide and 0/1 Leader of the Pack.
Sacredone, Tauren Druid.

Chlo

Post by Chlo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:40 am

Very interesting, thank you!

I did wonder what spec you had to be able to switch between healing and tanking in raids.

I doubt Isabel will be tanking any time soon, but she is slowly building some gear up. Thank you for the information. Have noticed Sacredone has already seen - he's done an amazing job of tanking instances lately :)

Chlo x

Coopervizor

Post by Coopervizor » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:42 pm

I heard bwl in classic wow with this spec and was purple parsing so it is a nice spec

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:50 pm

Coopervizor wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:42 pm
I heard bwl in classic wow with this spec and was purple parsing so it is a nice spec
Its outdated here, at least for Feral. Natural Weapons is huge. I'd probably roll something like this:
Feral DPS - https://talents.turtle-wow.org/druid/1O3C6-Z023FEDV-H
Feral Tank - https://talents.turtle-wow.org/druid/1O3C6-UII93EDV-T

Also, make sure Paladin's are judging wisdom. No need to worry about mana if you're doing a powershifting build.

Tomberry

Post by Tomberry » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:10 pm

The changes allow some cool hybrid builds.

I think I will try something like
https://talents.turtle-wow.org/druid/1O3-UII9FEDP-5U06
when I hit 60.

Should be enough to Tank, DPS and Heal Dungeons in one spec.

3% hit from Natural Weapons is huge, also the improved Tiger´s Fury.

HT, Rejuv. and Swiftmend should be more than enough for healing with some +Heal gear, and tanking is included here anyway.

Shambakriger

Post by Shambakriger » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:39 pm

I used to run a similar build on a different pserver for raiding, felt pretty cool to heal on one fight and off-tank on the next.
Im a bit sad that these kind of builds have lost some of their utility with turtle dual spec, it used to be a Druid speciality but now any hybrid class can do it by respeccing :,)

Tomberry

Post by Tomberry » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:42 pm

Is there dual spec in Twow?
I'm still leveling and didn't see it yet