Raid Groups for New and Returning Players

Moderator: Gifted

Bardicdm

Raid Groups for New and Returning Players

Post by Bardicdm » Tue May 16, 2023 2:00 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm curious if there are any dedicated raid groups designed to help new and returning vanilla players get comfortable with the raiding experience. For completely new players, WoW itself is completely alien, let alone raiding. For some returning players from Vanilla, we come from a time where your guild progressed slowly through Ony, ZG, and MC, and there was a lot of time to learn what to do.

For most of the established guilds here on TWoW, these raids are on farm, and are cleared at a very fast pace, understandably. And also understandably, these guilds don't want to take the time to create systems for teaching things like boss mechanics, pathing, trash skips, and loot systems, since the established guild mates already know all of this and just want to clear the early raids as fast as possible.

But for some players, it is very stressful and hard to keep up and know what is going on with this system. And I thought that, with the large influx of players lately, it would be good if some experienced raid leaders created systems to give new and returning players the knowledge and experience to catch up in way that is a bit slower, relaxed, and easy.

I'm speaking on behalf of people with anxiety, ADHD, or simply learn by doing. Being carried through early raids isn't a good way to learn for some of us, who want to contribute and really get into the meat of the early raid content.

Are there any groups like this? Any interest?

Thanks!

Rat2156

Re: Raid Groups for New and Returning Players

Post by Rat2156 » Tue May 16, 2023 2:25 pm

With the influx of new players, it could be a good idea to simply create wholly new raid teams starting from...well, the start.

I've been actually pondering the idea to start one such guild, made specifically for new or inexperienced players, or more experienced players interested in kinda starting over in a more progression oriented environment. I personally got tired of having Naxx on farm but progressing with a fresh team on a fresh character is always fun.

If I stop being lazy and start seeing enough interest for something like that, maybe I'll get around to actually doing it hehe turtle_tongue

Bardicdm

Post by Bardicdm » Tue May 16, 2023 2:45 pm

I'm glad to see others thinking about this.

It could be as simple as basically having a PUG raid group with some experienced and patient raid leaders with decent gear walking people through. And just getting into the habit of explaining everything efficiently, without taking too much time, every week. I believe a group like this, with a few geared volunteers, could still clear ZG in no more than two hours, maybe?

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Tue May 16, 2023 3:00 pm

Dynasty is currently in the middle of levelling and hopes to start raid progression soon. My experience with them overall has been really good. I recommend checking them out if you want early raiding or levelling content.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Duckwarrior

Post by Duckwarrior » Tue May 16, 2023 3:34 pm

it's good idead that design a easy and early raid for new player, item rank should below the Scholomance