Fury is the best PvP spec in Classic

Bloodline1x9

Fury is the best PvP spec in Classic

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Sun May 14, 2023 3:41 am

Arms is considered a pvp spec. But it started with TBC. On classic Arms as pvp spec is worse than Fury.
All benefits received by Arms came from the Fury spec.

1. First of all, Death Wish. A warrior who can be feared in the battle or defensive stance, or after 10 seconds, when Berserker Rage ends, is not a warrior.
2. -10 second intercept. 30 vs 20 sec cd. One and a half times more mobility.
These both key talents comes from Fury.
Аnd the final and most important is "Second Wind". This is not in Arms or Fury on the Vanilla. It appeared in Arms and made it the best spec for pvp.

But at this stage, Arms does not have all these advantages. When you choose Arms you get Mortal Strike instead of Slam (DS). But you lose a lot. Including Flurry +30% AS.

Dustomatic

Re: Fury is the best PvP spec in Classic

Post by Dustomatic » Thu May 18, 2023 4:23 am

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 3:41 am
Arms is considered a pvp spec. But it started with TBC. On classic Arms as pvp spec is worse than Fury.
All benefits received by Arms came from the Fury spec.

1. First of all, Death Wish. A warrior who can be feared in the battle or defensive stance, or after 10 seconds, when Berserker Rage ends, is not a warrior.
2. -10 second intercept. 30 vs 20 sec cd. One and a half times more mobility.
These both key talents comes from Fury.
Аnd the final and most important is "Second Wind". This is not in Arms or Fury on the Vanilla. It appeared in Arms and made it the best spec for pvp.

But at this stage, Arms does not have all these advantages. When you choose Arms you get Mortal Strike instead of Slam (DS). But you lose a lot. Including Flurry +30% AS.
The mortal strike debuff is why arms is better than fury in vanilla pvp...

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu May 18, 2023 6:42 pm

Arms would be widely considered the worse spec if this was true because someone would have discovered this by now. That's how the meta works.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Citramate

Post by Citramate » Wed May 24, 2023 2:27 am

The reason Arms is better is
#1, MS debuff is very OP
#2, You don't need as much AP to do damage since you scale off weapon damage more, this allows the warrior to equip more stamina heavy gear without major sacrifice since you can get carried by your weapon.
I tested this a lot on other 60 pvp servers, as much as i loved the intercept CD reduction, arms consistently felt better in 95% of situations.

Iambuck

Post by Iambuck » Sun May 28, 2023 9:28 am

I would say that Arms is the best PvP option for Wars, mostly because of the MS debuff, the improved Hamstring and the fact that you don't really need to be stucked to your target, you may have a critical on your MS and chunk half the HP of your target within a second, also in 1v2 situation you are better suited in arms with Sweeping strikes.

However I also think that Fury is not as bad as people make it to be in PvP. Fury has some potential to deal massive damages and be more "sticky" with the improved Intercept and the Death Wish fear immune.

Also I think that a Fury war may have more potential in a 2v2 scenario WITH a heal on ur ass. Fury is known to be by far the best PVE dps spec, they cannot be good at everything

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:55 am

In this topic viewtopic.php?p=57406#p57406 ppl ask me to make a video which proves that Fury is better than Arms. And I made such a video!
Forget Mortal Strike, forget BT. We have Decisive Strike (Slam), and in general, a two-handed warrior needs maximum AOE.

Look at this! 21/30/0 - Sweeping Fury. Yes, it's Fury with Flurry, Death Wish, Improved Intercept plus when we use SS the damage from WW and Cleave is doubled. And Flurry gives us the necessary AS as well as rage generation for those expensive combos.