Shaman - Stormstrike

Avalok

Shaman - Stormstrike

Post by Avalok » Mon May 08, 2023 5:32 am

The ability 'Stormstrike' doesn't proc weapon enhancements.

I'm using 'Flametongue Weapon' and the latter doesn't proc when I use Stormstrike.

I'm not sure if weapon enhancements don't proc for Stormstrike, but the description for the latter does say 'Gives you an extra attack', so it does weapon damage, and it does just that.

It's best if Stormstrike procs weapon enhancements, so I'm not wasting plentiful mana on an extra attack without any procs.

scared_turtle_head
Sigsene

Grindplayertwo

Re: Shaman - Stormstrike

Post by Grindplayertwo » Mon May 08, 2023 9:36 am

yeah see that.

Stormstrike can proc Elemental Focus and Flurry (so it's technically a melee attack hit) but this free instant attack don't proc Flametongue, Winfury nor Frostbrand...

So I guess this attack don't proc on-hit chance proc / oil too (need more testing).

What a shame... don't know if it's blizzlike or not

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Mon May 08, 2023 10:06 am

Definitely not blizzlike and kinda hillarous knowing enhancer wouldnt even be good with stormstrike proccing wf

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Mon May 08, 2023 12:50 pm

https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow- ... ssues/1731

issue that was fixed last year and must somehow have re-emerged

actually, this is a different issue because r1 stormstrike no longer procs enhancements either. Prior to the fix, rank 1 stormstrike was a white hit and rank 2 stormstrike was a yellow hit. Now it appears both are yellow hits so neither can proc weapon enhancements. No idea why this was changed, my guess is the bug was introduced when improved weapon totems was fixed a few weeks ago.
Last edited by Ghola on Mon May 08, 2023 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Boras

Post by Boras » Mon May 08, 2023 12:52 pm

Grindplayertwo wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 9:36 am
yeah see that.

Stormstrike can proc Elemental Focus and Flurry (so it's technically a melee attack hit) but this free instant attack don't proc Flametongue, Winfury nor Frostbrand...

So I guess this attack don't proc on-hit chance proc / oil too (need more testing).

What a shame... don't know if it's blizzlike or not
It 100% should proc weapon enhancements. The whole point of storm strike was to try and get another windfury proc.

Keds

Post by Keds » Mon May 08, 2023 1:13 pm

As if Enh wasn't bad enough... Devs should at least gives us some information if they plan on change things up at least, people at the shaman forums are crying out loud for fixes and reworks... Maybe the staff plays Paladins....

Boras

Post by Boras » Mon May 08, 2023 1:24 pm

Keds wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 1:13 pm
As if Enh wasn't bad enough... Devs should at least gives us some information if they plan on change things up at least, people at the shaman forums are crying out loud for fixes and reworks... Maybe the staff plays Paladins....
Bro paladins are still in a real shitty spot too. They need to focus more on fixing what’s in game rather than worry about human hunters…. We still can’t play black morass. These devs seem too interested in piling on more rather than just fixing what’s already here before moving on.

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Mon May 08, 2023 1:32 pm

shamans are literally worse on turtle than they ever were in 1.12 or classic, both due to this bug and no ele mastery batching (which was present in original 1.12 until tbc)

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon May 08, 2023 2:39 pm

Ghola wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 1:32 pm
shamans are literally worse on turtle than they ever were in 1.12 or classic, both due to this bug and no ele mastery batching (which was present in original 1.12 until tbc)
But we have Calm Elements?! That has to count for something? Or Water Shield which has no passive mana regen and you only get at level 60 so you can't even use while leveling.

I am still baffled by the changes. They made a few good ones (Tauren Spirit Link, Totem recall) but they also made so many idiotic changes that I am seriously doubting that they have any idea what they might be doing with the Shaman.

"Enhancer is barely functioning, let's throw in some tank talents to make sure the specc has two half-assed things"

Sladyer

Post by Sladyer » Mon May 08, 2023 4:27 pm

just tested again
stormstrike only proc windfury
don't proc ft/fb
but on proc windfury you will get your melee timer reset , so just use stormstrike like warrior's slam

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Tue May 09, 2023 1:19 am

Sladyer wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 4:27 pm
just tested again
don't proc ft/fb
but on proc windfury you will get your melee timer reset , so just use stormstrike like warrior's slam
you are 100% right, i did 50 stormstrikes and 50 normal attacks and the wf proc was about the same chance

and it definitely resets your swing timer, so if you stormstrike right before a weapon swing and get wf it nulls out your next swing

EDIT: The swing time bug is actually windfury, any windfury procs will reset your swing timer. tested with crusader strike on my paladin - i have distinct memories of this not being the case on turtle but this topic has fried my brain and im retiring

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Tue May 09, 2023 12:49 pm

Ghola wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 1:19 am
Sladyer wrote:
just tested again
don't proc ft/fb
you are 100% right, i did 50 stormstrikes and 50 normal attacks and the wf proc was about the same chance

and it definitely resets your swing timer, so if you stormstrike right before a weapon swing and get wf it nulls out your next swing

EDIT: The swing time bug is actually windfury, any windfury procs will reset your swing timer. tested with crusader strike on my paladin - i have distinct memories of this not being the case on turtle but this topic has fried my brain and im retiring
So they still didn't fix Crusader Strike proccing shit? Hrm.

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Tue May 09, 2023 5:37 pm

Karrados wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:49 pm
Ghola wrote:
Sladyer wrote:
just tested again
don't proc ft/fb

mechanists bonechopper replica go brrr

Boras

Post by Boras » Tue May 09, 2023 7:11 pm

Karrados wrote:
Ghola wrote:
Sladyer wrote:
just tested again
don't proc ft/fb

It can proc weapon effects, which is good for gameplay reasons. It can’t proc judgment of wisdom/light etc, which is kind of a bummer but understandable.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Tue May 09, 2023 7:17 pm

Boras wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 7:11 pm
Karrados wrote:
Ghola wrote:

It can proc weapon effects, which is good for gameplay reasons. It can’t proc judgment of wisdom/light etc, which is kind of a bummer but understandable.
"Crusader Strike is not able to proc seals, damage-based procs, or refresh judgments."

I am quite sure that Windfury should fall under damage-based procs.

Boras

Post by Boras » Tue May 09, 2023 7:25 pm

Karrados wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 7:17 pm
Boras wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 7:11 pm
Karrados wrote:

"Crusader Strike is not able to proc seals, damage-based procs, or refresh judgments."

I am quite sure that Windfury should fall under damage-based procs.
Windfury is a weapon enhancement sinimilar to wizard oil or frost oil. It’s supposed to be procced by crusader. What it means by damage based procs is something like decapitate where it deals 500 dmg or so.