Paladin Auras and Shaman Totems

Ragnon

Paladin Auras and Shaman Totems

Post by Ragnon » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi, i just noticed that some auras and totems don't stack and they replace one another. For example Devotion aura and Stoneskin totem don't stack. It would be much funnier and helpful if they did. Like they do in TBC and do on other crossfaction servers. Like imagine if the priest buff power word: fortitude and warlocks blood pact that both give stamina did not stack.

Pompa

Re: Paladin Auras and Shaman Totems

Post by Pompa » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:59 am

This is intended.

Ragnon

Post by Ragnon » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:20 pm

How come? And have you implemented some other kind of limitations to buffs and other game play features ?
Is there a list of buffs that dont stack and what classes dont work with each other?

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:22 pm

Actually we haven't implemented that, happens by default.

Ragnon

Post by Ragnon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Okay, is it possible to change that in the future?

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:30 pm

I'm not sure, could be studied.

Ragnon

Post by Ragnon » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:28 pm

Any update on this issue?

I just noticed that Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, Blessing of Wisdom all counts as Windfury Totem, Strength of Earth Totem and Grace of Air totem.

Having one of those totems up removes all the buffs. Very annoying and making paladins and shamans worthless together and ruining game play for more than just those two classes.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:06 am

This is not actually an issue, this is intended. In fact we haven't modified anything related to those buffs (this behavior might even be client-side, need to confirm), it works like this out of the box.

Having all of those buffs active at once would be OP in Vanilla.

Also remember that totems only affect the shaman's group. So, in a raid it's just a matter of sorting the groups correctly.

Ragnon

Post by Ragnon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:26 pm

Pompa wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:06 am
This is not actually an issue, this is intended. In fact we haven't modified anything related to those buffs (this behavior might even be client-side, need to confirm), it works like this out of the box.

Also remember that totems only affect the shaman's group. So, in a raid it's just a matter of sorting the groups correctly.
It is definitely an issue, intended or not. regarding if it's overpowered or not is very relative. I think it's not OP in anyway. Look at TBC, the buffs stack. I know that im not alone in this opinion and people are quitting the server because of this issue.

Seriously, if you want crossfaction, meaning paladins and shamans can play together, make them able to play together.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:19 pm

Ragnon wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:26 pm
Pompa wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:06 am

It is definitely an issue, intended or not. regarding if it's overpowered or not is very relative. I think it's not OP in anyway. Look at TBC, the buffs stack. I know that im not alone in this opinion and people are quitting the server because of this issue.

Seriously, if you want crossfaction, meaning paladins and shamans can play together, make them able to play together.
It's not an issue, Blizzard gave those spells the same category and that's why they overlap, it's 100% intended and I'm not sure if it's possible to change their behavior.

Remember that a lot of things related to spells are bound to the client files, they are not related to the server code.

However, we'll take a look to see if we can override that default behavior.

Ragnon

Post by Ragnon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 pm

Yeah i know they did and i understand it, my point is that the second they decided to have both classes playing together they fixed that.

Thank you.

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Pompa wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:19 pm
It's not an issue, Blizzard gave those spells the same category and that's why they overlap, it's 100% intended...
But Blizz had never the issue with multi-faction groups in Classic. Only at BC and there they changed it because obvious reasons. :)

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:42 am

To be fair. It`s good that Wf totem removes these buffs. It would be too powerful otherwise. Having a warrior/Rogue with Might+Kings+WF+consumeables+raidbuffs would be too strong. Not even speaking of threat issues.

Edo

Post by Edo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:42 am

Nerf Veil !

Ragnon

Post by Ragnon » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:49 pm

Chlothar wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:42 am
To be fair. It`s good that Wf totem removes these buffs. It would be too powerful otherwise. Having a warrior/Rogue with Might+Kings+WF+consumeables+raidbuffs would be too strong. Not even speaking of threat issues.
Well, let's try it out ? Im 100% sure there wont be a threat issue when you have the reduced threat buffs.

also, you must understand the frustration as a paladin or a shaman to have to rebuff / drop totem all over again if someone missclicks. It also creates a whole new situation regarding wich buff you want to have.

Do you go with kings and blessing of might over WF? Maybe as a tank, def as a druid tank and that kinda fucks up some groups. Not to speak how much more symbols paladins have to buy.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:15 am

WEll, being a Paladin myself i can tell that we manage to do well in raids as it is by putting groups together and speak about who goes for which buffs/totems.