Outdoor Dragons (Raid Bosses) need to be fixed

Moderator: Gifted

Fixaren1

Outdoor Dragons (Raid Bosses) need to be fixed

Post by Fixaren1 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:52 pm

I have no problem with the old bosses, but the new ones drop BIS gear to several classes. Some classes like feral druids have 3 bis that cannot be compared with their second best.

How mutch better to their second best item. Only feral, i know few other classes like Tankadin has item that are just insanly better like ferals.

[Failsafe Activation Key] offhand with 2x armor 4 more stamina 1%hit 1% dodge. More people with legendary than this item on the server, Artifact lvl in rarity

[Venom Covered Cloak] Back with almost 400 armor vs second best with 200 armor. Seen a few with this item.

[Idol of the Wildshifter] only pve(raid) idol in the game for feral cats, 150 less mana cost on shapeshift.

Make no sense to have item that are so mutch better than other option on bosses that only few will ever have a chance to kill. Only for those who are in the mafia coalition on this server.

For me outdoor dragons should have good gear that are just as good or maybe a small upgrade to raid instance gear and not twice or only part you can get. I am curies how other players on the server sees it. please give me your thoughts on it.

Sorry for the bad english.

Paw

Re: Outdoor Dragons (Raid Bosses) need to be fixed

Post by Paw » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:48 am

Tankadins and feral bear spec must improve people say so developers gave them good items.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:15 am

Custom raid bosses were given loot aimed towards off-meta classes/specs so of course some of it is going to be incredible. Also, have you tried maybe asking the "mafia" if they'd let you join in?

Tawneyturtle

Post by Tawneyturtle » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:01 pm

The world boss discord is a mess, 12 guilds united with monopoly and straight up not allowing russian and chinese people in and 2 "bad boy" guilds. Absolutely mind boggling that the devs don't mind it lmao
Tawney - High elf warrior 60
Feytale - High elf Mage 60 (Rank 1 Mage Naxx during WBs)
Have fun parsing not only at 19.

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:18 pm

Bayanni wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:15 am
Custom raid bosses were given loot aimed towards off-meta classes/specs so of course some of it is going to be incredible. Also, have you tried maybe asking the "mafia" if they'd let you join in?
Isn't Ostarius still completely broken and overtuned atm?
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Rat2156

Post by Rat2156 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:32 pm

Tawneyturtle wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:01 pm
The world boss discord is a mess, 12 guilds united with monopoly and straight up not allowing russian and chinese people in and 2 "bad boy" guilds. Absolutely mind boggling that the devs don't mind it lmao
Yeah, that was always the issue with world bosses sadly. The idea is very nice on paper, but in practice you can never trust people to play nice with them. Fighting a world boss is entirely impossible if you're not part of a specific clique, with the exception of when said cliques start selling world boss spots for real money (dunno if that has happened on turtle, but it seems to happen in 99% of cases on all servers)

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:36 am

Syrathegreat wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:18 pm
Isn't Ostarius still completely broken and overtuned atm?
No, it works and can be beaten without exploits

Ibux

Post by Ibux » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:54 am

world bosses as they are now is just terrible. hope we can come up with something that work better. maybe if you for example killed Blue Scalebane's in Aszhara. and the other elites around the world boss spawns. you would get a small chance each kill for the bosses to spawn. or in the case of bosses like Nerubian Overseer you would just kill those similar looking type npc's around Plaguelands. inspired by the black lotus change.

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:15 am

Maybe just wait for the new raids. I wouldn't be surprised, if non meta classes/specs got some love (new items) there as well.
Komm zur Geheimen Zuflucht (RP-Gilde)! Wir haben Zimtschnecken!

Alienne Xerilin Rubinai Irrwisch Mekhalani Flinks Kinrela Cavy

Ibux

Post by Ibux » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am

it's not only about the gear. getting to kill world bosses from time to time would just be additional content to do. making you travel out into the world to kill mobs in the small chance that it would spawn a world boss would just be more fun for the rest of us who is not part of the mafia group.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:57 pm

I fail to see how changing the green dragons into mini raid content would be bad. Just turn the portals into tiny, Emerald Dream themed instances (can use Emerald Sanctum assets) where you can kill them once every couple weeks.

Lore-wise it'd make sense as you would have the elite mobs outside of the portals, invading Azeroth so you have to enter the portal and kill the lieutenant, which is of course a temporary measure since the Emerald Dream isn't a physical realm and they'll come back.

Those four mini-raids could be also linked to the upcoming Emerald Sanctum raid, with additional interactions like spawning a super boss in the Emerald Sanctum if you've killed all the four green dragons from the portal mini-raids.

Pendragon

Post by Pendragon » Mon May 01, 2023 5:32 pm

IMO the retail solution is the best option. Like others said, it makes no sense to have 9+ bosses unexperienced by the vast majority of the community. Either put them behind a portal for lockout or weekly lockout on kill.

Balake

Post by Balake » Mon May 01, 2023 6:17 pm

I liked another suggestion much better, and that's making them summoned mobs like the Silithus lords (which was brilliant design and I'm glad twow leaned on that by buffing the items).

Kazzak can require a ton of mats. Some new custom items farmed from the demons in the area, a drop from Balnazzar in strat live maybe, and some mats like felcloth and corehound leather and eternium ores.

Ostarius can require a key that drops from Ossirian, and since Ossirian already has a 3 day lockout they can remove the cooldown on the actual platform that summons him.

Nerubian Overseer should require a ritual to summon it by gathering a cultists of the damned set from the Faerlina trash (each of them should drop one "Cultist cloth scrap", and there are 48 Naxxramas Cultists and Naxxramas Acolytes in total so the full cultist's garb can be crafted by a tailor for 48 of these in addition to some other mats).

Emerald dragons in my opinion can be kept as they are, if they add their loot to the upcoming Emerald Dream raid (preferably as hard mode rewards).

Balake

Post by Balake » Mon May 01, 2023 6:19 pm

Addendum: I disagree with the instanced bosses solution, and also with the retail solution (personal loot).

The real way to fix it is summoned bosses. No more monopolies, no more game design promoting toxicity, instead it promotes collaboration.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Tue May 02, 2023 12:34 pm

I also suggested once to have summonable bosses with high costs, so it can be a guild effort and gold sink. Also, let the normal timer stay for those who can't afford/guildless