BUG REPORT. HC character died because of bug?

Shener

BUG REPORT. HC character died because of bug?

Post by Shener » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:03 am

Sorry for my bad English turtle_tongue

Two hours ago my Lv30 Shaman Character, ID: Shenyi was on the Quest: [28] Battle of Hillsbrad (5), which literally asked me to kill 10 Hillsbrad Miners and a BOSS called Foreman Bonds located in Azurelode Mine at Southwestern Hillsbrad Foothills.

I have spent about thousand of hours in Vanilla WOW before (Nostalrius, Light's Hope, Classic, etc.) and it is not my first playthrough of this quest, I do remember the Boss can do stun by using a skill like Hammer of Justice, and upon his death, Two lv30ish dwarfs will spawn. So I prepared with Stoneclaw Totem, Health Potion, Swiftness Potion, a low-level quest prize item that can do an immobility effect. etc.

But I did not expect that two additional dwarves would spawn barely two seconds after summoning the original two. It is too much beyond what I can handle, After their interrupt skills I decided to run away using Swiftness Potion but unfortunately, the mobs killed before were respawned so I sadly end my second HC run.

I checked Database and some other Vanilla Wiki websites, and I can 100% sure these 2 additional dwarves should not be spawned. Could you guys please check this issue?

I heard you guys will never revive dead HC characters in any circumstances. Well, bad luck for me, but I do hope this bug could be fixed. You know, No HC player would like to die like this, it is not fun, just purely painful. sad_turtle

Thank you! Again sorry for my bad English, love from China.

Feyfolken

Re: BUG REPORT. HC character died because of bug?

Post by Feyfolken » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:32 am

Hi, you can find comments about those two dwarves on wowhead. Some are dated before the 1.12 (2005) patch, and some others after TBC launch (2007).
So this is unfortunately not a bug.
But no worries! You're not the only one that have been surprised by those two guys! haha^^

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:21 am

Those guys are adds that the foreman summons
Is not.a bug. I played kronos nost and retail and those are always present
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Nilay

Post by Nilay » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:58 am

Yep, the two Soldiers are here since Vanilla :)
I used to play eagerly here.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:06 pm

I don't think any of you read what he wrote. He wrote that he KNEW that Two Dwarves will spawn and he prepared for it. But mere seconds after those two spawned there were two more for a total of four.

With that said HC characters will not be restored under any circumstances and when they say "Any" they mean any, be it their fault, your fault or no ones fault.

Nilay

Post by Nilay » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:38 pm

Ah, you are right. I didn't read it right I am sorry.
I know that while leveling my HC char, I often killed him but let alive the two soldiers (because Rogue are squeeshy), and the Soldiers didn't seem to despawn. I don't know if it can give part of an answer.
I used to play eagerly here.

Shener

Post by Shener » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:08 pm

Karrados wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:06 pm
I don't think any of you read what he wrote. He wrote that he KNEW that Two Dwarves will spawn and he prepared for it. But mere seconds after those two spawned there were two more for a total of four.

With that said HC characters will not be restored under any circumstances and when they say "Any" they mean any, be it their fault, your fault or no ones fault.
Yeah, I already know that, no appeal for any death of HC players.
Thanks for replying :)