AFK Death

Barbaryc1

AFK Death

Post by Barbaryc1 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:39 pm

My lvl 23 Shaman was in Sun Rock Retreat not flagged for PVP and I had to AFK. When I got back I had been booted so I logged back in and found that I was a ghost at the login screen. I have been searching the area with my 24 lock but can't find a tombstone. I haven't seen any rule about AFK DC while on HC. Does anyone have any insight please?

Remorsx

Re: AFK Death

Post by Remorsx » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:01 am

any death = death

Achillesheel

Post by Achillesheel » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:53 am

I had the same. My level 20 hc mage was left AFK under a tent in goldshire. When I come back I saw the ghost screen and not able to find the stone of my hero. Unfortunately seems there is a way even if you're not marked for pvp, to be killed :D
So I assume going hc, you should be careful even under a tent in goldshire, not marked for pvp

Rat2156

Post by Rat2156 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:05 pm

You probably should log off instead of going AFK if you want to be safe

Zuzufab

Post by Zuzufab » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:48 pm

Hello

I lost my level 54 Paladin yesterday morning.
I was not pvp, I had to go away quickly, I closed the screen of my laptop thinking it will disconnect directly the game.
When I came back, I was a ghost. I have thought I was killed by a mob.
Today I erased it and created a new one with the same name, with the PFui interface, I saw the last piece of chat, I didn't see that I'm dead or any F, i saw a message that i will be disconnected cause of AFK.

So i m wondering, am i realy dead, or just victim of a bug?
His name was "Plook", it happen yesterday around 4 am EU time.

Sleeplust

Post by Sleeplust » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:40 pm

Zuzufab wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:48 pm
Hello

I lost my level 54 Paladin yesterday morning.
I was not pvp, I had to go away quickly, I closed the screen of my laptop thinking it will disconnect directly the game.
When I came back, I was a ghost. I have thought I was killed by a mob.
Today I erased it and created a new one with the same name, with the PFui interface, I saw the last piece of chat, I didn't see that I'm dead or any F, i saw a message that i will be disconnected cause of AFK.

So i m wondering, am i realy dead, or just victim of a bug?
His name was "Plook", it happen yesterday around 4 am EU time.
If what you gave is true as it happened, it is most possibly a bug or malicious intention aiming AFK disconnection. You may feel lucky to some extent because you found it thanks to the addon.
Last edited by Sleeplust on Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Styopa1

Post by Styopa1 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:32 pm

It's hardcore. Why would you POSSIBLY go afk?

Sinrek
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Sinrek » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:37 am

It is moderately safe to go afk at inns mostly. Nowhere else would be safe.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Ziggyw

Post by Ziggyw » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:59 am

1. even without PvP on - AFK'ing in open world is not safe, there are "players" finding it funny for example releasing infernal in the middle of enemy low lvl village - classic example happened yesterday in crossroads
2. other reason to die while afking under tent - some people are finding it funny (and i'm 50/50 agreeing with them) to set a fire in the middle of group of AFK-ers under tent :) in that case you will not see any reason of death most probably
so conclusion - afk in inns or small buildings should be quite safe, otherwise better option is just alt+f4

Andima

Post by Andima » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:57 am

Can you kill afk players placing a bonfire at their feet?

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:28 am

actually i think that player placed fires cannot harm others. only the pre-placed ones.

Zirek

Post by Zirek » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:00 pm

Sometimes they pulling stiches to kill afk hc players .

Zuzufab

Post by Zuzufab » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:41 pm

For my level 54 lost, on the chat, i didnt have any dead message, normaly you have a message that you die, my last one was that i m disconnected cause of too long afk.
Today i realised that my lvl54 "Plook" was not in the fallen heroes list, i m realy thinking i didnt die.

I have a ticket since one week, maybe soon i will have an explainaition.

Zuzufab

Post by Zuzufab » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:38 pm

still no answer to my request...

Sleeplust

Post by Sleeplust » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:54 pm

Zuzufab wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:38 pm
still no answer to my request...
I've been concerned with your experience for months. I believe they can see your plea but that seems a bit difficult or arkward to answer.

Imonobor
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Imonobor » Wed May 01, 2024 9:25 am

Maybe we should leave a sacrificial offering in the form of another HC character in the same spot to AFK to see what actually happens. And leave OBS recording everything.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Sleeplust

Post by Sleeplust » Wed May 01, 2024 5:42 pm

Imonobor wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:25 am
Maybe we should leave a sacrificial offering in the form of another HC character in the same spot to AFK to see what actually happens. And leave OBS recording everything.
Probably would see it just logs off to the list and becomes a ghost...

Uatu

Post by Uatu » Thu May 02, 2024 4:52 am

Don't ever be AFK under a tent, people are jerks and they will grief you. Most likely a player dropping infernal on you or similar.

Uatu

Post by Uatu » Thu May 02, 2024 4:54 am

Ziggyw wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:59 am
1. even without PvP on - AFK'ing in open world is not safe, there are "players" finding it funny for example releasing infernal in the middle of enemy low lvl village - classic example happened yesterday in crossroads
2. other reason to die while afking under tent - some people are finding it funny (and i'm 50/50 agreeing with them) to set a fire in the middle of group of AFK-ers under tent :) in that case you will not see any reason of death most probably
so conclusion - afk in inns or small buildings should be quite safe, otherwise better option is just alt+f4
This ^
And GMs can't do anything about it unless you have video proof. I've reported MANY doing this