Survival Profession

Warpath626

Survival Profession

Post by Warpath626 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:32 pm

It would be cool and useful I feel if the survival profession would be able to allow your character to craft arrows like engineer does bullets or create throwables for rogues, warriors, and hunters. Additionally, I think it'd be cool if we had a 'butcher' option, which could carve meat from animals we kill like skinning, which can help the cooking profession. Maybe we could also create torches just for aesthetic value. Maybe something similar to 'armor' kits that could increase either our fire or frost resistance (you know, like surviving cold or hot temperatures). Or some things that could increase your run speed passively like a wilderness stalker, or create some discount version of camoflage like a ghillie suit. Just some ideas.

Ugoboom

Re: Survival Profession

Post by Ugoboom » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:55 pm

All great ideas to help flesh out this secondary profession

i like the meat idea, but the thing it kinda would conflict with skinning. Right now, skinning deletes a mob, but it would logically make sense to skin then butcher.... it visually wouldnt make sense if skinning left the mob still there... I don't see how it could be implemented and be logical
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Tue May 09, 2023 4:40 am

Maybe should diversify your survival skill by adding more consumable items to it?! For example: Bogling Root - which can only be obtained for a quest, Sprouis Frond - too, is almost impossible to obtain. Such items are unlikely to spoil the balance much, but they will give the skill more meaning.

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Tue May 09, 2023 8:29 am

Ugoboom wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:55 pm
All great ideas to help flesh out this secondary profession

i like the meat idea, but the thing it kinda would conflict with skinning. Right now, skinning deletes a mob, but it would logically make sense to skin then butcher.... it visually wouldnt make sense if skinning left the mob still there... I don't see how it could be implemented and be logical
Hmmm maybe if skinning gave you leather, bones, and meat? Then you could use the different parts for survival and cooking, or sell them on the AH. You could use bones for arrows or for building tents like they did in the ice age?
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC