Big Mounts disabled in Capital Cities? Cool.

Rangtuk

Big Mounts disabled in Capital Cities? Cool.

Post by Rangtuk » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:38 am

Listen TWoW, I get it. Blocking things with bigass mounts isn't a good thing. But consider for one second, that the mount maaaaybe isn't the issue here???

Maybe instead its the various items/buffs that get it to redonkers sizes in the first place? What a wild thought to instead just... limit character scale on mounts instead of gutting some mounts and calling it a day?

An alternative could be idk... not letting these size changing items stack? Because its already awesome enough when you get a gnome/goblin popping noggenfoggers AND world enlargers to go subatomic, and on the flipside Tauren popping Sen'Jin voodoo, firewater, and elixir of giant growth (or gnomes with enlargement balm which is DEFINITELY MORE OF A BUG than the mounts themselves).

But naw these kneejerk fixes to simpler issues is the much better way to go. Hey, while we're at it I think town guards are still hitting HCs a little too hard lets nerf em all down to level 1 just to be safe. Oh no wait someone just blew up the tent spots lets buff em up to raid mob levels because we can't be too careful.

Redmagejoe

Re: Big Mounts disabled in Capital Cities? Cool.

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:38 am

Got it all out of your system? Feel better now? The passive-aggressive approach is definitely a good look.

Meepingmeeps

Post by Meepingmeeps » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:20 am

I hope they revert it back to how it was originally. Also the way the devs baby the hardcore players makes me sad; especially those who pick war mode. Using the glyph is a choice -- we shouldn't feel bad if a hardcore player gets killed by another. I doubt they'll change anything whatsoever as the server is a leveling server first and foremost, and everything else second.

I can totally see them nerfing the guards even more because an Alliance hc player got lost and aggro'd the Org guards.

Ashstache

Post by Ashstache » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:41 pm

Rangtuk wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:38 am
Listen TWoW, I get it. Blocking things with bigass mounts isn't a good thing. But consider for one second, that the mount maaaaybe isn't the issue here???

Maybe instead its the various items/buffs that get it to redonkers sizes in the first place? What a wild thought to instead just... limit character scale on mounts instead of gutting some mounts and calling it a day?

An alternative could be idk... not letting these size changing items stack? Because its already awesome enough when you get a gnome/goblin popping noggenfoggers AND world enlargers to go subatomic, and on the flipside Tauren popping Sen'Jin voodoo, firewater, and elixir of giant growth (or gnomes with enlargement balm which is DEFINITELY MORE OF A BUG than the mounts themselves).

But naw these kneejerk fixes to simpler issues is the much better way to go. Hey, while we're at it I think town guards are still hitting HCs a little too hard lets nerf em all down to level 1 just to be safe. Oh no wait someone just blew up the tent spots lets buff em up to raid mob levels because we can't be too careful.
cry

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:50 pm

Why am I seeing so much hate for hardcore lately?

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:42 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:50 pm
Why am I seeing so much hate for hardcore lately?
Probably because we've seen a bunch of kneejerk changes and reactions that impacted the game negatively, all because of pandering to the HC crowd.

Fin

Post by Fin » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:14 pm

Thread closed to prevent misleading information and to not let devolve it any further.

Guards getting buffed had nothing to do with hardcore and the change was reversed months ago.

Keep topics to a point instead of going on vague tangents that lead nowhere.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097