Make dungeon 1 sets worthy

Jombo

Make dungeon 1 sets worthy

Post by Jombo » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:17 pm

Better Dungeon 1 Sets

Since the early vanilla changes, these sets have been next to useless. That is a shame and I think improving them
would help everyone enjoy dungeon running at early lvl 60 more: hunting for actually useful set items.
Remember how changes have already been made to certain T1 gear - why not do the same and improve the dungeon sets? :-)

My logic would be a general increase of the set items with 30-50% stat increases, rounded down. Full "balance" is not a priority as this is by no means endgame items but just early 60 dungeon sets that should be made useful for fresh 60s.

Instead, the priority is to make sure they aren't too close to the upgraded Dungeon 0,5 sets, as that would make the hard work to obtain the latter futile - a very important thing to avoid!

What I suggest is something like this (with chest pieces as reference):

Beaststalker's Tunic:
+ 2 agility
+ 7% pet armor

Breastplate of Valor:
+ 5 strength
+ 2 agility
+ 1 stamina

Devout Robe:
+ 6 SP
+ 2 mp5

Dreadmist Robe:
+ SP 6
+ 7% pet's armor

Lightforge Breastplate:
+ SP 6

Magister's Robes:
+ 7 SP
+ 9 decrease magical resistances of target

Shadowcraft Tunic:
+ 1 to hit

Vest of Elements:
+ SP 8,
+1% attack and casting speed

Wildheart Vest:
+ 5 sp,
+ 2 mp5

Keep in mind that these changes can potentially also help fresh 60s a bit in their early pvp. Taking dps casters as an example, if you come right from 60 dungeons with +60-100 spell power for example, you are much better off than just having around +25 from a blue weapon for example.
Last edited by Jombo on Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:10 am, edited 12 times in total.

Ugoboom

Re: Make dungeon 1 sets worthy

Post by Ugoboom » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:52 am

Yeah this generally goes for a loooot of gear in the game, especially quest greens. The 2004 design for caster gear was that they'd scale off int and spirit allowing them to spend more time DPSing. As raiding went on, blizzard realized that this doesn't really work, and that spellpower/spellcrit scaling as a proper analogue to how str/agi stats scale phys classes, is the way to go, and we see that from ZG patch items onward, and many retroactive changes made with the aq40 dungeon revamp patch, that we now know and love in 1.12.

Many items need updating, but yeah caster and hybrid t0 for sure, would be great to revamp with the 1.12 style of caster stats.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:22 am

I agree that it goes for a lot of gear. But instead of wasting time on greens, which are, after all, greens, an overhaul of the dungeon sets would be much more manageable.

Now, what I'm suggesting is something like this (with chest pieces as reference):

EDIT: added the proposed changes to the OP.

Mekunekud

Post by Mekunekud » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:00 am

Ugoboom wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:52 am
Yeah this generally goes for a loooot of gear in the game, especially quest greens. The 2004 design for caster gear was that they'd scale off int and spirit allowing them to spend more time DPSing. As raiding went on, blizzard realized that this doesn't really work, and that spellpower/spellcrit scaling as a proper analogue to how str/agi stats scale phys classes, is the way to go, and we see that from ZG patch items onward, and many retroactive changes made with the aq40 dungeon revamp patch, that we now know and love in 1.12.

Many items need updating, but yeah caster and hybrid t0 for sure, would be great to revamp with the 1.12 style of caster stats.
I think alot of the quest loot could be tweaked by pushing it into the TBC stats. Some of it is possibly TOO good but I can't see much damage in allowing stuff like the Deathclasp quest getting its TBC loot. There was alot of tweaks that made catch up a bit easier for some classes.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:56 am

I agree that certain quest items could also be changed. But again, that is a much larger undertaking than focusing on Dungeon 1 sets. Step by step, other items can be updated as well :-)

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:16 am

T0. 5 dungeon set is pretty decent on many classes. Isn't that the upgrade you see asking for already?

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:31 am

Geojak.. can you read OP before posting?

Fishi

Post by Fishi » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:16 pm

I love this idea, and definitely support it, as dungeoning is my favourite thing to do in the game 50+.
+1 from me

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:21 pm

Jombo wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:31 am
To be fair most T0.5 sets are hot garbage, considering the gold and effort it takes to craft them. There's a couple of outliers (namely 4P darkmantle) and only because the proc chance is way higher than normal.
On this server it's really easy to get ZG/AQ20/MC gear as soon as you're 60 with some basic blues so the T0.5 sets are dead content.
I'd buff both T0 and T0.5.

Andima

Post by Andima » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:04 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:21 pm
Jombo wrote:
To be fair most T0.5 sets are hot garbage, considering the gold and effort it takes to craft them. There's a couple of outliers (namely 4P darkmantle) and only because the proc chance is way higher than normal.
On this server it's really easy to get ZG/AQ20/MC gear as soon as you're 60 with some basic blues so the T0.5 sets are dead content.
+1

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:56 am

Jombo wrote:
oh i read it, i jsut dont agree taht T0 set needs buffs when T0.5 exists for the same reason you stated. that i would amke gettign T0.5 lesser of an upgrade.
T0 is relevant by just being needed to get T0.5 already. T0 is finish

Baess

Post by Baess » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:35 am

Its a fair point about T0 being needed for T0.5 so why buff it. However I wouldn't mind seeing the set bonuses getting reverted to their original, more class specific ones from earlier versions.
Caestielle (Hagreth/Litestep HC)

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:38 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:21 pm
Jombo wrote:
Very good point. I totally agree with this. Buff both Dungeon 0 and 0,5!

Andima

Post by Andima » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:19 pm

LFG T0.5 Alcaz Quest :(