Zul'Aman coming in the future?

Greatbagpipes

Zul'Aman coming in the future?

Post by Greatbagpipes » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:34 pm

What are the chances of Zul'Aman being added sometime in the future?

Zul'jin and the Amani are already in the game now so it would make sense for Zul'Aman to also be added to turtle wow as part of the upcoming Quel'thalas patch

I don't think it should be added as a raid or dungeon like it was in retail. Instead I think Zul'Aman should be added as a Quest zone inside of Quel'thalas where the Amani, High elf survivors and Undead Scourge Battle each other for control of the Ancient Troll Kingdom

Both the Horde and Alliance have also sent aid to the trolls and high elves with the goal of securing Zul'Aman for their faction

Andromath

Re: Zul'Aman coming in the future?

Post by Andromath » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:46 pm

Did they confirm a Quel'Thalas patch? I was under the impression they're working on Gilneas right now.

I'd be curious if they'd make use of the existing zone in retail, or create an entirely new one from scratch. Retail only has two zones, when that area traditionally has, I believe, three in terms of lore (Eversong, Ghostlands, and Maisara Hills).

I don't see why they couldn't add Zul'Aman, assuming it hasn't been wiped out by the Scourge yet. Does Turtle WoW specify if the Amani have come under attack from the undead?

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:39 pm

Andromath wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:46 pm
Did they confirm a Quel'Thalas patch? I was under the impression they're working on Gilneas right now.

I'd be curious if they'd make use of the existing zone in retail, or create an entirely new one from scratch. Retail only has two zones, when that area traditionally has, I believe, three in terms of lore (Eversong, Ghostlands, and Maisara Hills).

I don't see why they couldn't add Zul'Aman, assuming it hasn't been wiped out by the Scourge yet. Does Turtle WoW specify if the Amani have come under attack from the undead?
Ppl see all kinds of patches here. They dream them. There is "news" about a Quel'thalas patch, there is "news" about an outlands patch, there is "news" about a scarlet crusade patch. Hype is real, man!

Andromath

Post by Andromath » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:19 pm

Shamma wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:39 pm
Andromath wrote:

Ppl see all kinds of patches here. They dream them. There is "news" about a Quel'thalas patch, there is "news" about an outlands patch, there is "news" about a scarlet crusade patch. Hype is real, man!
Fair enough. I mean, I'm sure eventually we'll get around to all of them.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:31 pm

Shamma wrote:
I literally haven’t played in months, but I like coming here pumping out ideas.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:08 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:31 pm
Shamma wrote:
I literally haven’t played in months, but I like coming here pumping out ideas.
U sir are very welcome to pump ideas. The problems with these ideas come when word of mouth spreads that the devs announced the patch it is considered as news...

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:15 pm

Andromath wrote:

Don't listen to shamma, guy's absolutely insane.

Anyway yes, the devs have confirmed their intent to work on Quel Thalas content. They backported TBC's eversong woods and ghostlands into a high elf questline, that probably hundreds of players have actually been to including me, but that was later removed, and the devs have gone on record saying they now plan to custom make their own version of quel thalas. Also see here viewtopic.php?t=728 where a raid on silvermoon city is on record as planned.

So yeah, we'll have to see if their custom version of Quel'Thalas will even have trolls in them. IDK about any of the WC RTS lore and if this would fit in there but yeah that is what the devs are going by.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:19 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:15 pm
Andromath wrote:

Anyway yes, the devs have confirmed their intent to work on Quel Thalas content. They backported TBC's eversong woods and ghostlands into a high elf questline, that probably hundreds of players have actually been to including me, but that was later removed, and the devs have gone on record saying they now plan to custom make their own version of quel thalas. Also see here viewtopic.php?t=728 where a raid on silvermoon city is on record as planned.

So yeah, we'll have to see if their custom version of Quel'Thalas will even have trolls in them. IDK about any of the WC RTS lore and if this would fit in there but yeah that is what the devs are going by.
Don't listen to Ugoboom man! Guy is delusional and clinging to any rumor and intention as written in stone. Completely removed from reality!

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:17 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:15 pm
Andromath wrote:

They have to fit Trolls in. Zul'Aman is located close-ish to Silvermoon and they have been engaged in a war against them for a long time afaik.

At least that was the case in WC 2/3.

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kefke » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:58 am

Don't listen to anybody. These forums are totally unhinged.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:38 am

Don't listen to anyone, bro.
You only need to listen me, 'chef's kiss'
Yes, Quel'thalas is coming, bro. Your only question should be 'When'

Andromath

Post by Andromath » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:28 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:38 am
Don't listen to anyone, bro.
You only need to listen me, 'chef's kiss'
Yes, Quel'thalas is coming, bro. Your only question should be 'When'
The only answer I want to that question is, 'When it's ready.'

I miss when Blizzard used to release content when it was ready, and it turned out to be great content. Anyways, I'll look forward to what comes in the future. For now, that'll be Gilneas!