Suggestion: Adding the Tier 1 & 2 Raid Set Recolors from TBC??

Syrathegreat

Suggestion: Adding the Tier 1 & 2 Raid Set Recolors from TBC??

Post by Syrathegreat » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:49 pm

In TBC Blizz added recolours of the Classic Tier 1 and 2 sets as dungeon and raid drops, some of which are really interesting and add new aesthetics for the sets (my personal favourite being the silver and red Dragonstalker set for Hunters).

My proposal would be for Turtle to add questlines to obtain these recolours inspired by the Tier 0.5/Dungeon Set 2 sets. This could just be just for cosmetic rewards but I think a more interesting option would be to do similar to the 0.5s and maybe use this to help boost the specs with less gear support?

Furthermore this could help make running the old raids for Bindings, DFT, etc more evergreen and fulfilling since there would be more horizontal gear incentives. Plus maybe the questlines could lead you around more of the new Turtle content as bonus incentive!

Some examples of the recolours for those unfamiliar:

I think it would be great to have access to these sets even if just for transmog - they by their very nature fit in with the world of Classic! Plus I think implementing them like 0.5 would be entirely Blizzlike and could be super interesting! The only issue I can see (other than the work of course) would be that Warlock Tier 1 does not have a recolour (at least not implemented anyways), however from my understanding, creating new recolours is not too difficult and may be worthwhile.

Anyways what do you guys think? What questlines do you reckon could by interesting to explore? What set bonuses could be interesting if non-cosmetic?
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Reploidrocsa

Re: Suggestion: Adding the Tier 1 & 2 Raid Set Recolors from TBC??

Post by Reploidrocsa » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:12 am

+1

Zulnam
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Zulnam » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:51 am

As long as the original design is also maintained somehow, I don't see why not. Could be a transmog quest that you do for an item with the new colors but no stats.

Quests could be part of 5-man dungeons as well, thus keeping that side of the playerbase healthy; since a lot of people tend to ignore dungeons altogether once they've got a few epic items, making it harder for fresh 60s to find groups.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:15 am

Since we have transmog as an option, id like these skins to be used as gear for offspecs. Then they have stats fitting their awsome design and fulfill a purpose.

And if you're after the style you can still tmog them

Ashstache

Post by Ashstache » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:18 pm

Gear that represents new stat bonuses would be phenomenal. Have some fun tinkering with new set bonuses, devs! +1

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kefke » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:45 pm

I'll throw in my agreement on the "spec variants" side of things. With Turtle already trying to show more love to specs that don't get used as often, it seems pretty appropriate to introduce alternate dungeon sets slanted more towards those specs.

Pistol

Post by Pistol » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:01 am

Great idea
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Wolf Council (Officer) of <Wolfskull Clan>
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Vanguard of <Wrath of the Forsaken>
And numerous other characters
Editor of the Gutter

Lexiebean

Post by Lexiebean » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:37 am

I love this idea!

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:54 pm

Zulnam wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:51 am
As long as the original design is also maintained somehow, I don't see why not.
100% this - I think taking inspiration from Tier 0.5 and requiring a complete set of the original to start these quests would mean that the original remains more iconic and we don't get flooded with people just wearing the recolour. I think the ideal would be for people to think of the original and this one be a special variant.

Zulnam wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:51 am
Quests could be part of 5-man dungeons as well, thus keeping that side of the playerbase healthy; since a lot of people tend to ignore dungeons altogether once they've got a few epic items, making it harder for fresh 60s to find groups.
This idea is huge, love it! Definitely anything to keep all the content evergreen! Turtle's done a great job so far keeping levelling populated and attractive and it just keeps the world so alive.
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Baess

Post by Baess » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:13 pm

Seems like a nice idea to get people to venture more into Vaults, Crypts, Hateforge and BM 😉

They also reused the T3 models for the dungeon sets but they where less flashy 😀
Caestielle (Hagreth/Litestep HC)

Ashstache

Post by Ashstache » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:00 pm

Just make sure it's not Blackrock Spire or I'll kms instead

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:27 pm

Yeah, a fantastic idea to use these for offspec t1 and t2, same with the t3 recolors from naxx.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.