Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Williamson75
Posts: 112

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Williamson75 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:54 am

Yeah building on solely support is what makes a class disappear from the player stats. You will never get the appreciation for it. You will always be the first to be booted. Your a hard cap. Gearing will not be a prio over most other classes. You can preform your function in all green int gear just as well as epic loot. totem twisting is not a good feel for playing a class.

Fishi
Posts: 31

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Fishi » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:37 am

I completely agree, and support is immensely crucial in what we do, but can we maybe have just a little bit more zug please?
It says a lot about enha that the most desired aspect of it is something that's mechanically broken and feels clunky to me, and even then, we are just about as desired as half a bag of chips someone accidentally sat on.
I'd love to see us not only be able to properly support our teammates, wether they be melee, caster or ranged, but also be able to provide a hefty slap on the side.

User avatar
Nightowl
Posts: 64

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Nightowl » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:41 pm

Kairion wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:28 pm
Ravenstone wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:27 pm
Totem Twisting just shouldn't be a thing, the devs never wanted it, they just didn't bother fixing it because Shamans sucked anyway. Also, nothing would stop Resto's going Enhancement, they can function just fine with 20 points in Resto, as seen by the numerous ones getting Bloodlust.

I've been wondering why Ele Shaman doesn't have something like Warlock's Suppression talent, or any of the other numerous lower resist talents.
"Reduces the chance for enemies to resist your Affliction spells by 10%."
Either just for all Elemental spells, or even just for Shocks if it proves too strong for Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning. Replacing the Reverberation talent with that would alleviate the spell hit problem for Enhancement since it is low enough to get anyway. Ele's are fully spell casters anyway and it wouldn't make a difference in PvP.
Totem twisting is a mechanic thats already existing in the game that makes enhancement shamans useful and gives him an area where he outperforms resto as well as giving him the option to profit from his grace of air when placed into a melee group (the place where he wants to be put)

It is what defines enhancer in pve and fills up all his empty cooldowns into a quite fun rotation.

Why would you want to take that away? He only gets worse and needs more arbitrary buffs to compensate for it if it gets removed. The only reason why its "bad" is because you dont have the mana to do it if you wanna spam shocks
The entirety of this comment can only be valid on a server where Paladin does not exist in its current state. If they're incapable of buffing classes without making them overpowered, then they might as well buff everyone else to that level.

Totem Twisting grants a minimal benefit to everyone else at the steep cost of Enhancement Shaman's own mana, which assuming he actually had decent stats for spell hit, he could have used for Shocks, or maybe a little bit of aoe. Being a buff bitch is only cool when it does not affect your gamestyle.

Quite frankly your argument is just retarded conservatism stemming from most likely warranted fear of devs accidently buffing shaman through the roof like they did with other classes. To which I say, stop considering this a pvp server. It's dead. Devs want it to be dead because their troon-carebear playerbase will get mowed down by the PvP Apes.

User avatar
Nightowl
Posts: 64

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Nightowl » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:46 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:55 pm
It is worth remembering that the talent tree is named enhancement and most of the talents focus on exactly that, enhancing others and yourself.
The supportive aspect of the class should never be diminished in favor of more zug.
Tell that to Paladin class who's currently outputting a lot of "zug" for a support. This argumentation is dead and the changes the devs do reflect that. Also nobody brings buff-bitch shaman to a party if they can get away with bringing someone else and Resto fills that role almost just as well because the talents that buff totems are minimal to begin with.

Enhancement needs to get buffs to damage that do not affect PvP, but since it's the current devs, it ain't happening. Either they're incapable of imagining such buffs, the coding is too complicated or they frankly just don't give a shit because they're PvE carebears anyway.

User avatar
Rafale
Posts: 80

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Rafale » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:08 pm

I think a good way to improve Enh Shamans would be to improve Stormstrike with an effect linked to your active shield :
- Lightning Shield : Deals damage equal to 100% of the charge to nearby enemies
- Earth Shield : Restores health equal to 50% of the charge to you and nearby party members
- Water Shield : Restores mana equal to 50% of the charge to you and nearby party members

It would make them very welcome as support (not only for melees !) and will help them to compete with a 12 sec instant AOE
Last edited by Rafale on Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?

Ishilu
Posts: 325

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Ishilu » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:10 pm

Bloodlust shouldn't be made a baseline spell, imo, even though it's not as huge as the tbc version.

However, as posted by other people, I must reiterate: thunderhead is garbage and needs to be replaced by something fun and useful.

My personal preference would be further buffing enhancers in their tanking role.

Williamson75
Posts: 112

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Williamson75 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:26 pm

I just want more zug something that makes me feel like more than a totem bot. On ret i dont feel like a blessing bot anymore.

Kairion
Posts: 866

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Kairion » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:00 pm

Nightowl wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:41 pm
Kairion wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:28 pm
Ravenstone wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:27 pm
Totem Twisting just shouldn't be a thing, the devs never wanted it, they just didn't bother fixing it because Shamans sucked anyway. Also, nothing would stop Resto's going Enhancement, they can function just fine with 20 points in Resto, as seen by the numerous ones getting Bloodlust.

I've been wondering why Ele Shaman doesn't have something like Warlock's Suppression talent, or any of the other numerous lower resist talents.
Either just for all Elemental spells, or even just for Shocks if it proves too strong for Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning. Replacing the Reverberation talent with that would alleviate the spell hit problem for Enhancement since it is low enough to get anyway. Ele's are fully spell casters anyway and it wouldn't make a difference in PvP.
Totem twisting is a mechanic thats already existing in the game that makes enhancement shamans useful and gives him an area where he outperforms resto as well as giving him the option to profit from his grace of air when placed into a melee group (the place where he wants to be put)

It is what defines enhancer in pve and fills up all his empty cooldowns into a quite fun rotation.

Why would you want to take that away? He only gets worse and needs more arbitrary buffs to compensate for it if it gets removed. The only reason why its "bad" is because you dont have the mana to do it if you wanna spam shocks
The entirety of this comment can only be valid on a server where Paladin does not exist in its current state. If they're incapable of buffing classes without making them overpowered, then they might as well buff everyone else to that level.

Totem Twisting grants a minimal benefit to everyone else at the steep cost of Enhancement Shaman's own mana, which assuming he actually had decent stats for spell hit, he could have used for Shocks, or maybe a little bit of aoe. Being a buff bitch is only cool when it does not affect your gamestyle.

Quite frankly your argument is just retarded conservatism stemming from most likely warranted fear of devs accidently buffing shaman through the roof like they did with other classes. To which I say, stop considering this a pvp server. It's dead. Devs want it to be dead because their troon-carebear playerbase will get mowed down by the PvP Apes.
"Everyone who doesn't share my oppinion must be a retard" - to paraphrase you a bit there.
Way to convince the public and the devs that you are a capable source of high quality information about any topic.

Totem twisting does not stand in competition with your shocks - it fills in empty cooldowns. If you buff shamans shock damage output he will end up with stupidly overpowered burstdamage for PvP just as paladin. And that will just as paladin eventually have to be partially reeled back.
Instead you can specifically buff totemtwisting to let enhancer be more impactful for PvE without unleashing yet another monster in PVP and a spec that has noting to do with classic shaman. In another threat i suggested a passive to refund manacost of totems based on remaining duration if a different totem of the same school is placed. That would reduce totem twisting cost by 90%. Meaning you can actually use it AND keep using your shocks.

What else do you want? you need something to fill those cooldowns, otherwise you are held back like hunters were without trueshot. And there is no way shaman would ever be fair if he had styles next to his incredibly strong selfbuff Windfury.

User avatar
Nightowl
Posts: 64

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Nightowl » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:50 pm

Kairion wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:00 pm
Nightowl wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:41 pm
Kairion wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:28 pm


Totem twisting is a mechanic thats already existing in the game that makes enhancement shamans useful and gives him an area where he outperforms resto as well as giving him the option to profit from his grace of air when placed into a melee group (the place where he wants to be put)

It is what defines enhancer in pve and fills up all his empty cooldowns into a quite fun rotation.

Why would you want to take that away? He only gets worse and needs more arbitrary buffs to compensate for it if it gets removed. The only reason why its "bad" is because you dont have the mana to do it if you wanna spam shocks
The entirety of this comment can only be valid on a server where Paladin does not exist in its current state. If they're incapable of buffing classes without making them overpowered, then they might as well buff everyone else to that level.

Totem Twisting grants a minimal benefit to everyone else at the steep cost of Enhancement Shaman's own mana, which assuming he actually had decent stats for spell hit, he could have used for Shocks, or maybe a little bit of aoe. Being a buff bitch is only cool when it does not affect your gamestyle.

Quite frankly your argument is just retarded conservatism stemming from most likely warranted fear of devs accidently buffing shaman through the roof like they did with other classes. To which I say, stop considering this a pvp server. It's dead. Devs want it to be dead because their troon-carebear playerbase will get mowed down by the PvP Apes.
"Everyone who doesn't share my oppinion must be a retard" - to paraphrase you a bit there.
Way to convince the public and the devs that you are a capable source of high quality information about any topic.

Totem twisting does not stand in competition with your shocks - it fills in empty cooldowns. If you buff shamans shock damage output he will end up with stupidly overpowered burstdamage for PvP just as paladin. And that will just as paladin eventually have to be partially reeled back.
Instead you can specifically buff totemtwisting to let enhancer be more impactful for PvE without unleashing yet another monster in PVP and a spec that has noting to do with classic shaman. In another threat i suggested a passive to refund manacost of totems based on remaining duration if a different totem of the same school is placed. That would reduce totem twisting cost by 90%. Meaning you can actually use it AND keep using your shocks.

What else do you want? you need something to fill those cooldowns, otherwise you are held back like hunters were without trueshot. And there is no way shaman would ever be fair if he had styles next to his incredibly strong selfbuff Windfury.
"Fair". We're long past anything being fair. The moment devs buffed paladin through the roof was the moment that argument died.

Yet here you are, hoping foolishly that they will learn from their mistakes, and I they won't and that is because some trashy hue-man-being who has a lot of decision power has a loveboner for Paladin, and as long as that sad turd exists the other classes will have to be buffed to appropriate level in damage at the cost of PvP - because PvP is dead. IT was never really alive. You're deluding yourself into thinking active AV community is PvP. Let.It.Go. This is a designated carebear server and as such who gives a shit if some class gets extra damage toys, you're never going to be on recieving end of it in PvP because AV is a meme used to farm Exalted for a few cool items and World PvP can't exist due to you know what.

One solution to this mess was to supposedly buff classes in ways that don't affect PvP, but it was thrown out of the window by whoever decided that Crusader Strike was a good idea - seriously fuck that guy (and if u read this idc, ban me if you're a sensitive fag, my main acc is on VPN anyway).

As for what I want, I've already written it and I don't believe that it will make Shaman strong, but it will grant him a more interesting identity and gameplay. A slam with a cooldown to reduce that slam will grant him some interesting damage potential in PvE without affecting PvP. Couple that with strong spellhit talent and combination of Agi/Windfury totem into one totem, and perhaps some mana reduction of shocks as per TBC and he'll be decent without ever going into overpowered territory.

Williamson75
Posts: 112

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Williamson75 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:46 pm

I like night owls suggestions. At this point this thread has long since grew past my original ideas and the community has come up with good ideas as time went on

Voidrever
Posts: 28

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Voidrever » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:51 pm

I got a couple of things to suggest:
- Lightning shock: deal x nature damage and the next spell will be guaranteed to hit in 8s
- Earthquake: the signature skill of thrall, I really want a chain quest given by himself to convince him to teach the skill to us. this spell will be on a 10min CD, channel in 7 seconds, deal x nature damage in a small area, and get a 20% chance to daze any targets inside.
- for enchant tree :
+ totem protector: require 15 point - fire totem now transfer 10%/20% threat point to the owner. this will help us hold small packs of mobs more easily in some specific cases.
+ thunderhead: this talent is all about saving members of the party who accidentally argo another mob. That is why all threat generated proc from shield transfer back to shaman. But I never see anyone use it for that. I think maybe we add more threat generated like 20% will make tanky consider investing in it.
+ Elemental will: require 20 points - in 30s, your fire totems and imbue weapon will return a small amount of mana based on a hit ( i think 15 mana per hit will suit it) 5min CD
- for resto tree: for real, this spec is really hard at leveling in open-world :x so I think I got some idea improv about it
+ the call: require 20 points - need a core of element to use. This spell will consume your closest totem and summon an elemental base on it. earth: tanky, great at holding argo from a single target, wind: hit fast but squishy, fire: dealt fire damage around him per second, great at holding argo from multi-target, water: caster cast frost ball. elemental stats depend on totem rank. because we call the elemental to aid us, not tame or control them so we can't teach them a new skill or training skill for them, all skills will rank based on the rank of your totem. each of them will get 1 or 2 unique skill like earth can taunt, fire can cast fire ball, water can buff regen mana, wind punch hard with less threat generated,...

Haroone
Posts: 11

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Haroone » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:47 am

If we're looking at potential enhancement buffs, I can't recall if it was this thread or a similar one, but someone suggested a melee attack that changed based off weapon enhancement and I think that would be really unique and cool if handled properly. Here are my ideas based off that:

Rockbiter: Next attack cleaves all targets in front of the target for X (lets say 75%) of a normal attack's physical damage, but with twice the threat generation affecting all affected enemies.
Flametongue: Next attack deals bonus damage Y (normal attack damage + spell power ratio) as full fire damage.
Windfury: Next attack is a guaranteed windfury proc that also interrupts (gives a non-threat boosted interrupt on a separate cd as shocks)
Frostbrand: Next attack deals bonus damage Z (normal attack damage + lower spell power ratio) as full frost damage and slowing the target.

I don't think this is easy/possible to implement, but was fun writing.

Next, I think enhancement needs better itemization streamlining (or at least I'm struggling with it as a tank and dps).
There isn't much mail tanking gear, intellect is common, but not with defense or hit attached so my non-mail slots (rings/neck/trinket/cloak) need to make up for much of the hit or defensive stats if I want better quality mail gear. Mail spell-hit gear with agility/strength-focused stats is rare/non-existent (niche, but can be useful for landing shocks and adds variety) and may benefit paladins to an extent as well, but would at least dissuade warriors and hunters who the enhancement shaman already has to compete with for gear.
I think enhancement shamans would benefit from a talent deep-ish in the tree converting their hit-rate to spell-hit (can be at a reduced ratio and not 1:1) or at least moving the Nature's guidance talent out of Restoration of all things and into Elemental so they can prioritize elemental damage talents as their secondary tree.
Another idea is a talent converting a portion of agility into Intellect to boost shock damage and mana or vise-versa to boost crit and attack power while reducing the amount of required stats to function (again, doesn't need to be 1:1 ratio).
I think Stormstrike should be a self-buff instead of a debuff so the shaman can have the benefits for their shocks and not get used by a druid or other shaman. Also make it buff the next shocks, not just nature damage, so flame or frost shocks can be used without needing to worry about increased threat generation (Flame Shock would just get the initial damage buffed, not the DoT).
Rework the Guardian Totems talent (Windwall Totem is useless) to only buff Stoneskin, by providing the shaman an increased effect from Stoneskin Totem while in the radius and swap the tree location with Improved Weapon Totems so resto and ele shaman don't get the increased survivability, but have the option of having improved WF totems for raid presence (if needed, even if it isn't always optimal. I've been in raids where the resto is in a melee group for WF totems).

These are my ideas to add to the conversation.

Williamson75
Posts: 112

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Williamson75 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:06 am

I like the suggestion. Honestly Stormstrike only feels incredibly poor due to the really long cooldown reworking it to your suggestions would be a rather good way to go about it

Williamson75
Posts: 112

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Williamson75 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:20 am

bump

Fishi
Posts: 31

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Fishi » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:42 am

Bump!

Ravenstone
Posts: 307
Has liked: 1 time
Likes: 2 times

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Ravenstone » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:33 am

Give them their WC3 Lightning Shield back, a small periodic AoE damage around yourself just for having it on (can make it target visible units only to not fuck Rogues/Cats over). Or if just for Enh tanks, make the on hit like Force Reactive Disk's effect and deal AoE damage to all nearby enemies.

If you do the first option though, you can give Water Shield it's MP5, and I guess Earth Shield can get HP5. A little bit more passive bonus from the shields probably wouldn't hurt at this rate.

Williamson75
Posts: 112

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Williamson75 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:28 pm

Well with lightning shield should be two versions so a name swap. Storm shield does 1/4 or less of lightning shield in an aoe around the wearer. This damage can be increased threat gen or not. Not too major either way.

User avatar
Nightowl
Posts: 64

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Nightowl » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:24 pm

Lighting Shield sounds like a very good change but I doubt they have the ability to code it as such. I say leave it as it is, and move thunderhead to resto and allow it to also be used on Water Shield and Earth Shield. Throwing some mana regeneration on Paladin or, a form of delayed healing dot is a welcome and interesting change.

Troondaloon
Posts: 2

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Troondaloon » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:10 pm

Nightowl wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:24 pm
Lighting Shield sounds like a very good change but I doubt they have the ability to code it as such. I say leave it as it is, and move thunderhead to resto and allow it to also be used on Water Shield and Earth Shield. Throwing some mana regeneration on Paladin or, a form of delayed healing dot is a welcome and interesting change.
Also to continue on what I was saying since - you ain't getting rid of me SheenaTroon and gayasfokmods - another decent change can be an increase of amount of orbs on all types of shield.

Williamson75
Posts: 112

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Williamson75 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:14 pm

mmmh more orbs

Ravenstone
Posts: 307
Has liked: 1 time
Likes: 2 times

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Ravenstone » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:30 pm

Nightowl wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:24 pm
Lighting Shield sounds like a very good change but I doubt they have the ability to code it as such.
There are some NPC spells which can do the same thing so the effects/flags already exist to do it, the only bit I'm not sure on interaction wise is not impacting stealthed, but I don't think it would.

Thunderhead doesn't really fit thematically in the Resto tree, and Restos are going Enh anyway for Bloodlust, but yes it should be able to use the other shields as well.

Williamson75
Posts: 112

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Williamson75 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:20 am

With coding making a new skill shouldnt be too hard to do. The can just look at the math for lightning shield. So you can take the base damage and add 25% scaling to it. boom storm shield. Of course thats the simple part but they can do it. They are slow to add stuff but they arent bad at what they do.

Fishi
Posts: 31

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Fishi » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:47 am

More orbs is always fun, as long as we get to play around with them.
What if there was a way to spend some on melee or spell hits / crits?
What if there was a way that if an enemy hit uses up an orb, it hits every enemy around you?
Does lightning shield scale with spellpower?
Actually, i would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to check what shaman ability scales with what.
I would also appreciate if the tooltips told more about what the spells / abilities scale with. Shaman can be a bit confusing to me that way.

Ravenstone
Posts: 307
Has liked: 1 time
Likes: 2 times

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Ravenstone » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:02 am

Fishi wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:47 am
Does lightning shield scale with spellpower?
Actually, i would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to check what shaman ability scales with what.
It scales.
https://www.wowhead.com/classic/spell=1 ... ing-shield
Look under the effect section
Effect
Apply Aura: Proc Trigger Spell
Value: 198 (SP mod: 0.267)
SP mod is Spell Power modifier, so it gets 0.267 of your spell power added, to each orb I believe.

You can look at any ability that way to check the SP scaling.

Mac
Posts: 822
Likes: 2 times

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Mac » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:39 am

Ravenstone wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:33 am
Give them their WC3 Lightning Shield back, a small periodic AoE damage around yourself just for having it on (can make it target visible units only to not fuck Rogues/Cats over). Or if just for Enh tanks, make the on hit like Force Reactive Disk's effect and deal AoE damage to all nearby enemies.
Either of these would make for interesting talents.

Fishi
Posts: 31

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Fishi » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:27 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:02 am
Fishi wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:47 am
Does lightning shield scale with spellpower?
Actually, i would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to check what shaman ability scales with what.
It scales.
https://www.wowhead.com/classic/spell=1 ... ing-shield
Look under the effect section
Effect
Apply Aura: Proc Trigger Spell
Value: 198 (SP mod: 0.267)
SP mod is Spell Power modifier, so it gets 0.267 of your spell power added, to each orb I believe.

You can look at any ability that way to check the SP scaling.
Thank you very much! I'll take a good peek at it.

Melegam
Posts: 1

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Melegam » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:31 am

I have read some of the posts. I saw enough good changes for shamans of all specializations. But compared to Elemental Shaman, everyone else has buffs that are unique to the raid. Therefore, I wanted to see a totem of wrath in the Elemental shaman branch, like in The Burning Crusade. I also wanted to see the double lightning talent as in The Burning Crusade.

Fishi
Posts: 31

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Fishi » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:53 am

Buuuummmp p p

Williamson75
Posts: 112

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Williamson75 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:33 pm

I like to bump too. Also changes to buff resto tree would be something to consider. I have heard a lot of gripe that they go into enhance for bloodlust which just seems so wrong.

Ravenstone
Posts: 307
Has liked: 1 time
Likes: 2 times

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Ravenstone » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:52 pm

Williamson75 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:33 pm
I like to bump too. Also changes to buff resto tree would be something to consider. I have heard a lot of gripe that they go into enhance for bloodlust which just seems so wrong.
Top of the Resto tree sucks, the incentives aren't enough to go there so Bloodlust gets taken. Chain Heal struggles with mana whilst you can downrank Healing Wave for much better mana efficiency. Lesser Healing Wave also is preferable for short fights.

Them going Enhance is fine I feel, but you need to make the Resto capstone attractive which I'm not sure it ever would be. Perhaps making Mana Tide like a group Innervate and restore a % of mana would be enough, but I feel it wouldn't be.

A completely different approach I'd like to see would be Mana Tide made baseline, and add Ethereal Form from WC3 as the capstone, reworking the physical immunity, but have it also improve the mana efficiency of Chain Heal to promote the usage of that. Bonus points if it could give you the ghost overlay as an optional glyph.

Williamson75
Posts: 112

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Williamson75 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:08 pm

It definitely feels bad for manatide totem. Should have been a 30 kind of ability. As a capstone it's shitty. Having it reduce chain heals mana cost by half for 10 seconds would have been rather good

Fishi
Posts: 31

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Fishi » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:54 am

Enhancement needs enhancement!
Remake Ancestral Knowledge into something useful!
Combine Improved Weapon Totems and Elemental Weapons!
Add more spellhit!
Replace Totemic Focus with Tidal Focus!
Erase or remake Thunderhead so that it's useful!
Make Ghost Wolf instant cast, at least with talents!
Make Frostbrand and Flametongue scale better!
Make Enhancement be able to benefit substantially from the enhancement it brings to the table, not only other classes!
The hybrid tax is chickenshit and hypocritical!
B U M P

User avatar
Verdict
Posts: 36
Likes: 1 time

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Verdict » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:15 am

Williamson75 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:42 pm
I want to start with saying this is a simple suggestion but something I am passionate about. Enhance shaman needs a buff. I don't want them to be completely busted but I would like better scaling and more gameplay than right click, totem twist and then stormstrike.



Primal strike: 6s CD scale with both SP and AP on a low level or an extra weapon swing with added sp. Triggers weapon enhancement except windfury which is maintained at 20% or can be a weapon swing.
Slam Like ability potentially (could steal the scaling from blood thirst and break it in half to get sp scaling of the same kind so 23% AP and 22% sp)

Talent 1 (Elemental Infusion): increase sp scaling on frostbrand and flame tongue. 2 talent points (could be 1/2 of current scaling added as a test)

Talent 2 (Nature's Harmony): weapon enhancement deals extra damage on the target that has the shock of the same type. (No windfury) 2 Talents (could be 50% of the enhancements damage)

Talent 3 (Primal Fury): potentially reduce the cast time of primal strikes slam cast (Reduce to a 1.2 second cast)

Possible Talent Swaps:
Improved Weapon Totems > Talent 2
Reason: the Talent doesn't function for other people which makes it a bad talent because of the fact we have weapon enhancements.
Enhancing Totems > Talent 1
Reason: This one isn't a good talent because it overriding paladin might which is drastically better.
Bloodlust > Stormstrike
Reason: If we replace bloodlust with Stormstrike we can put primal in the same talent spot. By making bloodlust baseline at a high level it would add extra utility to the
As a whole. It is often used right now for adding tank aggro vs a dps boost.
StormStrike > Primal Strike
Reason: This would add the new ability at a lower level and would offer extra to people who do not want to make windfury the main dps by working with talent 1 and 2.
It is still good for Windfury.
Talent 3
Reason: I cannot find a spot to put this without lowering the level you can recieve Primal Strike. Still This could be an extra talent sink that would encourage investment into
more enhancement. I think a 3 talent slot would work well.
Quality of Life:
Weapon buff timer
Reason: 5 minutes is brutal to keep rebuffing. This is mostly just making life easier but is something I can deal with
Totem Bar
Reason: we have a lot of totems which is great but they quickly fill the bars up. I understand you might prefer to have addons handle this part


Changes: If you decide to skip the slam part that would actually be a buff to the ability right now. The goal is to bring a buff to the hybrid and the AP Enhancement shaman.
This would over all increase the numbers of shamans without putting them above any other melee. They would still be a good melee class with better scaling and staying
to the feel of vanilla wow.
What you're asking here is great... but it's too diverse for Vanilla WoW AND it will make you busted.

Let me, a livid theorycrafter, propose your Fix. And it's so simple it will blow your mind.

[Stormstrike]
"Instantly swing with your weapon, dealing pure Nature damage. Additionally, increases your next two Nature attacks' damage by 30% for 12 seconds." - 10 second cooldown.

What will this do?
- You can now proc Elemental Devastation from the Elemental Tree more viably.
- You can increase the furthermore damage of your consecutive Stormstrikes by 30%.
- Your [Earth Shock] will now overperform.
- More PvP Burst.
- More PvE Damage.
- Simple design.

*Ret Pala helping other memes flies away*

Williamson75
Posts: 112

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Williamson75 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:03 pm

I think it would be a direct nerf unless the way nature res and spell hit affects the ability is changed. Holy is unique in ttat it runs on melee hit and has no res. Nature does the opposite. It's why elemental dev is memed on. You will miss 16% and you have no built in spell crit. Right now we have 1 single melee ability that has scaling on it and if we swap weapon enhancements we are basically worthless completely. The cooldown on storm strike is still too long. I can stormstrike and totem swap. If I use my shocks I will go oom. Loosing the 10% from rallying cry killed that version of the spec. It would be a nightmare to balance another spell damage on melee hit for pvp making the problem worse for us while nerfing us further in pve. The other side is I cannot use earth shock because it will pull threat 99% of the time

User avatar
Verdict
Posts: 36
Likes: 1 time

Re: Enhancement Shaman Buffs

Post by Verdict » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:19 pm

Williamson75 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:03 pm
I think it would be a direct nerf unless the way nature res and spell hit affects the ability is changed. Holy is unique in ttat it runs on melee hit and has no res. Nature does the opposite. It's why elemental dev is memed on. You will miss 16% and you have no built in spell crit. Right now we have 1 single melee ability that has scaling on it and if we swap weapon enhancements we are basically worthless completely. The cooldown on storm strike is still too long. I can stormstrike and totem swap. If I use my shocks I will go oom. Loosing the 10% from rallying cry killed that version of the spec. It would be a nightmare to balance another spell damage on melee hit for pvp making the problem worse for us while nerfing us further in pve. The other side is I cannot use earth shock because it will pull threat 99% of the time
No my friend, you think wrong, really wrong. Melee spell damage is subjected only to partial resisting. You won't be worrying at all about hit.

It's going to be like SoC, which is a melee ability that simply does Holy damage that's why it bypasses spell resists and only is capable to partially resist AND at the same time it can be dodged/missed/blocked, etc.

None of what I said will be a nerf, quite roundabout even... if we I ran the simulation in my head correctly... we're looking at around a 20%+ performance increase.

Post Reply