Patch 1.17.0 — Beyond the Greymane Wall

Balor

Re: Patch 1.16.6 — Work in progress!

Post by Balor » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:40 pm

Playable ogres when? One of the original horde races needs some love since blizzard won't do it.

Freddofooz

Post by Freddofooz » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:51 pm

Balor wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:40 pm
Playable ogres when? One of the original horde races needs some love since blizzard won't do it.
Only problem with that is that they would need to Introduce a new ally race as well, and i don't think anyone agrees on what that would be.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:01 pm

As great as it is that people have enthusiasm when talking about new playable races, they should really consider the arguments against in the other 500 threads about adding other races. The feasibility alone is an issue, the sheer amount of work it would take, and it doesn't seem like the reward would be worth it. Ultimately, you'd have 10 people playing the race, some of whom would get over it quickly once the novelty had worn off, and the team just doesn't have the resources to divert from content development for that sort of cost/benefit ratio.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:21 pm

Freddofooz wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:51 pm
Balor wrote:
Only problem with that is that they would need to Introduce a new ally race as well, and i don't think anyone agrees on what that would be.
Honestly, it wouldn’t even be necessary.

I made a post about ogre and blood elf suggestion. The link is below if you wanna check it out.

Abqwkjg

Post by Abqwkjg » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:26 pm

Littlebirdd wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:29 am
Will there be new troll armors and glaives on this patch? and 1-hander glaives that sheaths straight in the back like a 2hander weapon, and also the armors of this cool looking npc i've just found in-game, it looks so cool for any races!
It's a Northrend Wotlk set https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=19 ... ce-recolor

Reaperhaze122

Post by Reaperhaze122 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:10 am

PLLEEEASSEEE make goblins look better XD

Pauloricardo

Post by Pauloricardo » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:49 am

Reaperhaze122 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:10 am
PLLEEEASSEEE make goblins look better XD
Hi, I have a silly question(sorry by that) but: is it possible to use the Cataclysm goblin appearance?I think not but I will answer it anyway happy_turtle_head

Littlebirdd

Post by Littlebirdd » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:02 am

give us cloth version for this too pleasee https://www.wowhead.com/item=3313/cerem ... er-harness
Headhunter Jasta of the Darkspear Tribe and Horde

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:29 am

Balor wrote:
Playable ogres would be great. One of those things Blizzard never did but Turtle Wow definitely should try.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:57 am

Freddofooz wrote:
Balor wrote:
My pick is have Alliance Goblins so a new race doesn't need to be added, since there are already goblins that work in, and even for, the Alliance.

Projecx

Post by Projecx » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:42 pm

Kefke wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:57 am
Freddofooz wrote:
Balor wrote:
My pick is have Alliance Goblins so a new race doesn't need to be added, since there are already goblins that work in, and even for, the Alliance.
I agree with this. Goblins should work for both sides. But I know this would take possibly too much effort to implement any time soon.

Noce

Post by Noce » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:38 pm

what would be awesome to see in new patch(es):

transport rework changes:
-to get small ferrys [pay or free] that connect small sea distances. like tel abim, giljim, echo, lapidis, etc..
-add long distance zepps for lets say winterspring-tanaris, moonglade-silithus, hinterlands-swamp of sorrows..
-mbe implement caravansfor shorter routes. to be like inter-zone way of transport, like to get you to other camp or smtn. it actualy can be all those stabled mounts that alrdy exists at camps?
-new custom zones could get zep/fly paths
-some connections dont make sence imo like durotar-hinterlands. as it is great, why would goblins transport to hinterl?
-there are alot of unused docks on map u can choose from to make a boat/ferry route, like *tirisfal - steepclif port *tanaris - steamweedle port *desolace - shadowpary village *hillsbrad foothills - southshore, booty bay has to docks..

race/class combos: troll warlock (when we dont have necros!) + druid, dwarf shaman, humans can get all classes imo, gnomes can be all caster classes easy.
some combos dont make sence to me like dwarf rogue (its same thing as tauren rogue), gnome warr, tauren hunter (how can they hold gun or bow?)

new playable races such as ogres, ursas, satyr, nagas is a long time dream, just as new class necro or any other. but nercos should be here from start imo. masters of arcane, poison & shadow were always part of azeroth.

classes rework especial shamans. palas are always too strong. so are hunts and warlocks with pets. mbe make pets to be more like summ with cd and duration?

increase (some) item stack sizes, quest logs. unlock all unsused parts of world map. make custom content for grim batol, timbermaw hold, uldum, ungoro mbe be place for buggs zone, silitus also with aq, kara, hyjal..

mbe allow us to use meeting stones for summs? i rly dont see the hate for that. i know we have warlocks but still. mbe then allow locks to be able to summ inside instances?

and many, many more in spirit of warcraft, vanilla and original lore.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:17 pm

The idea of different travel options could definitely be possible given the change they made to the Goblin starting zone event.

Fishi

Post by Fishi » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:08 am

This is a perfect opportunity to ask for shaman fixes
We are bleeding from so many wounds it's crazy. Please make shamans stable, rewarding and satisfying to play, not just fun! Apart from windfury, enhancement is super weak, elemental is 'okay' sans mana, still undesired in raids, resto is just enhancement talents with healing gear; the tier setbonuses make resto more playable than the talents in the tree.
Please open up your hearts towards the shamans; we are the least played class for a reason.

Semperius

Post by Semperius » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:25 am

Projecx wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:42 pm
Kefke wrote:
Freddofooz wrote:

I agree with this. Goblins should work for both sides. But I know this would take possibly too much effort to implement any time soon.
The Alliance already has an advantage in the population. With goblins in the alliance, the situation will become even worse. I protest. As a compromise, the horde then gets blood elves, or high elves with a dark skin for the undead. (Dark Ranger)

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:37 am

Semperius wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:25 am
Projecx wrote:
Kefke wrote:

The Alliance already has an advantage in the population. With goblins in the alliance, the situation will become even worse. I protest. As a compromise, the horde then gets blood elves, or high elves with a dark skin for the undead. (Dark Ranger)
Darkfallen as a second undead race. Original recipe Undead get renamed to Forsaken.

Semperius

Post by Semperius » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:52 am

Sounds good. I hope the problem with unequal population will be solved.

Maesus

Post by Maesus » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:28 pm

I am once again asking you for f̶i̶n̶a̶n̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ Night Elf Paladins

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:25 pm

I wonder if any of the people recommending some of these new races actually legitimately believe that specific races will ever be put in. People can dream, I suppose.

Projecx

Post by Projecx » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:34 pm

Semperius wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:25 am
Projecx wrote:
Kefke wrote:

I agree the faction user appeal would have to be balanced. I was just speaking from a lore and logic standpoint.

I do like the idea of Blood Elves deciding to be Horde while their brethren chose Alliance.

Darkfallen sounds very interesting as well, but also causes the same balance issue that would have to be worked out.

Balake

Post by Balake » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:53 pm

unpopular opinion: it would be fine if horde got a new race and alliance got nothing. Alliance is the organized powerful faction, horde are the diverse rag-tag group of underdogs.

1. there is no balance reason the factions have to have the same number of possible races, lots of mmos have unbalanced factions and it's fine.
2. more potential races for horde will increase its population a little (still not completely catch up to alliance cause weeb races are always the most popular)

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:14 pm

Balake wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:53 pm
unpopular opinion: it would be fine if horde got a new race and alliance got nothing. Alliance is the organized powerful faction, horde are the diverse rag-tag group of underdogs.

1. there is no balance reason the factions have to have the same number of possible races, lots of mmos have unbalanced factions and it's fine.
2. more potential races for horde will increase its population a little (still not completely catch up to alliance cause weeb races are always the most popular)
I think ogres for horde and blood elves for alliance

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:58 pm

I don't think that anybody needs to get Blood Elves. IMO, they work better as an unaligned antagonistic faction. If anything, I'd consider them to be the "Alliance equivalent" to the Blackrock Orcs.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:06 pm

I never understood why they didn't add undead High Elves as the new Race for Horde.

From what I remember the High Elves of Quel'thalas were also raised and joined the Forsaken, they just never had a big ingame representation/appearance. Hell, We now have Dark Rangers / Forsaken High Elves to justify Undead Hunters.

Give us Forsaken/Undead High Elves.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:14 pm

Kefke wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:58 pm
I don't think that anybody needs to get Blood Elves. IMO, they work better as an unaligned antagonistic faction. If anything, I'd consider them to be the "Alliance equivalent" to the Blackrock Orcs.
I think you can do both.

Take a look at my post about ogres and blood elves.

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:53 am

Karrados wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:06 pm
I never understood why they didn't add undead High Elves as the new Race for Horde.

From what I remember the High Elves of Quel'thalas were also raised and joined the Forsaken, they just never had a big ingame representation/appearance. Hell, We now have Dark Rangers / Forsaken High Elves to justify Undead Hunters.

Give us Forsaken/Undead High Elves.
It makes sense to think there are undead orcs and trolls too.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Skeletal_orc
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpe ... 1102000755
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpe ... 1230043424

Mosch0512

Post by Mosch0512 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:56 pm

They could also introduce Skins in shop for Undead to look like undead orcs and what so ever.

Bloodphobos

Post by Bloodphobos » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:23 pm

No new class spell changes for new vanilla experiance, Poisoner assassin rogue? Shadow subtlelty rogue? Nah, very sad

Beertaster

Post by Beertaster » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:21 am

Druid and Paladin tanks getting buffed/re-worked to be viable for 40 man MT would be great.
1. It would take a load off the pressure to gear so many warrior tanks with the same exact drops.
2. Draw more players to choose tanking. Meaning more dungeon groups, more socializing, more pugs.

I'd also like to see healers get something fun as well. Some love for priest, druid, and Shaman. Especially in the AoE heals department.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:54 pm

Beertaster wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:21 am
Druid and Paladin tanks getting buffed/re-worked to be viable for 40 man MT would be great.
1. It would take a load off the pressure to gear so many warrior tanks with the same exact drops.
2. Draw more players to choose tanking. Meaning more dungeon groups, more socializing, more pugs.

I'd also like to see healers get something fun as well. Some love for priest, druid, and Shaman. Especially in the AoE heals department.
Druids, as Classic and SoM have shown, are more than capable of being MT for 40 man. It's up to the People to actually use them. The only way how they would not work on Turtle is if they buffed the bosses in all 40 man raids. The whole "Druids cannot be Main Tanks" is a remnant from the original Vanilla and then the Private Server scene. Classic and SoM has shown that Bears are capable of tanking all of Naxxramas aside from one boss, I think.

The biggest issue for Bears is/was that they didn't have too many upgrades for gear in the first Raid but seeing as Turtle is in T3 content that can be easily solved.

To 2: People are choosing to Tank but they toxicity which very much exists in Dungeon Groups towards new Tanks that are still learning the ropes turns them off from it and they re-roll to a DPS class or just change their specc to a DPS Specc.

Also Druid and Paladin tanks are already on-par if not even better than Warriors in some cases when it comes to Dungeons.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:03 pm

It's hard to get people to break away from the way they learned to do things initially, especially when they've done it that way for a long time.

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:35 am

Kefke wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:03 pm
It's hard to get people to break away from the way they learned to do things initially, especially when they've done it that way for a long time.
This is exactly why that post just asked for Shaman buffs in the way of aoe healing....

Shamans.

The AOE healer.

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:06 pm

Reading some people's expectations for Turtle WoW scares me. Indeed, the retail-ization of WoW was truly driven by the community and its insatiable desire for bigger, shinier, and easier, not so much by corporation greed. I fear this will come to Turtle someday.
New races, new classes, new spells, new race/class combinations, new routes, make it bigger, easier, and make it fashionable to what I want! Everything that's unique about Turtle WoW will be lost to a homogenized and bland experience for all... And it will be our fault once again.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:13 pm

Adding stuff to vanilla is what this server is about. It’s vanilla plus.

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:08 pm

I love having more race-class variety! I've already got my Human Hunter named and prepped - just working on her RP now!

Personally I'd love to have Undead Paladins and Dwarf Shamans, especially since everything is cross faction now. However I do appreciate how much more work this would be - there is zero quest integration so everything would have to be built from scratch, which is a ton of work just for a single class and likely a single race.
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC