Patch 1.17.0 — Beyond the Greymane Wall

Balake

Re: Patch 1.16.6 — Work in progress!

Post by Balake » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:53 pm

unpopular opinion: it would be fine if horde got a new race and alliance got nothing. Alliance is the organized powerful faction, horde are the diverse rag-tag group of underdogs.

1. there is no balance reason the factions have to have the same number of possible races, lots of mmos have unbalanced factions and it's fine.
2. more potential races for horde will increase its population a little (still not completely catch up to alliance cause weeb races are always the most popular)

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:14 pm

Balake wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:53 pm
unpopular opinion: it would be fine if horde got a new race and alliance got nothing. Alliance is the organized powerful faction, horde are the diverse rag-tag group of underdogs.

1. there is no balance reason the factions have to have the same number of possible races, lots of mmos have unbalanced factions and it's fine.
2. more potential races for horde will increase its population a little (still not completely catch up to alliance cause weeb races are always the most popular)
I think ogres for horde and blood elves for alliance

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:58 pm

I don't think that anybody needs to get Blood Elves. IMO, they work better as an unaligned antagonistic faction. If anything, I'd consider them to be the "Alliance equivalent" to the Blackrock Orcs.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:06 pm

I never understood why they didn't add undead High Elves as the new Race for Horde.

From what I remember the High Elves of Quel'thalas were also raised and joined the Forsaken, they just never had a big ingame representation/appearance. Hell, We now have Dark Rangers / Forsaken High Elves to justify Undead Hunters.

Give us Forsaken/Undead High Elves.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:14 pm

Kefke wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:58 pm
I don't think that anybody needs to get Blood Elves. IMO, they work better as an unaligned antagonistic faction. If anything, I'd consider them to be the "Alliance equivalent" to the Blackrock Orcs.
I think you can do both.

Take a look at my post about ogres and blood elves.

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:53 am

Karrados wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:06 pm
I never understood why they didn't add undead High Elves as the new Race for Horde.

From what I remember the High Elves of Quel'thalas were also raised and joined the Forsaken, they just never had a big ingame representation/appearance. Hell, We now have Dark Rangers / Forsaken High Elves to justify Undead Hunters.

Give us Forsaken/Undead High Elves.
It makes sense to think there are undead orcs and trolls too.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Skeletal_orc
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpe ... 1102000755
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpe ... 1230043424

Mosch0512

Post by Mosch0512 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:56 pm

They could also introduce Skins in shop for Undead to look like undead orcs and what so ever.

Bloodphobos

Post by Bloodphobos » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:23 pm

No new class spell changes for new vanilla experiance, Poisoner assassin rogue? Shadow subtlelty rogue? Nah, very sad

Beertaster

Post by Beertaster » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:21 am

Druid and Paladin tanks getting buffed/re-worked to be viable for 40 man MT would be great.
1. It would take a load off the pressure to gear so many warrior tanks with the same exact drops.
2. Draw more players to choose tanking. Meaning more dungeon groups, more socializing, more pugs.

I'd also like to see healers get something fun as well. Some love for priest, druid, and Shaman. Especially in the AoE heals department.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:54 pm

Beertaster wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:21 am
Druid and Paladin tanks getting buffed/re-worked to be viable for 40 man MT would be great.
1. It would take a load off the pressure to gear so many warrior tanks with the same exact drops.
2. Draw more players to choose tanking. Meaning more dungeon groups, more socializing, more pugs.

I'd also like to see healers get something fun as well. Some love for priest, druid, and Shaman. Especially in the AoE heals department.
Druids, as Classic and SoM have shown, are more than capable of being MT for 40 man. It's up to the People to actually use them. The only way how they would not work on Turtle is if they buffed the bosses in all 40 man raids. The whole "Druids cannot be Main Tanks" is a remnant from the original Vanilla and then the Private Server scene. Classic and SoM has shown that Bears are capable of tanking all of Naxxramas aside from one boss, I think.

The biggest issue for Bears is/was that they didn't have too many upgrades for gear in the first Raid but seeing as Turtle is in T3 content that can be easily solved.

To 2: People are choosing to Tank but they toxicity which very much exists in Dungeon Groups towards new Tanks that are still learning the ropes turns them off from it and they re-roll to a DPS class or just change their specc to a DPS Specc.

Also Druid and Paladin tanks are already on-par if not even better than Warriors in some cases when it comes to Dungeons.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:03 pm

It's hard to get people to break away from the way they learned to do things initially, especially when they've done it that way for a long time.

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:35 am

Kefke wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:03 pm
It's hard to get people to break away from the way they learned to do things initially, especially when they've done it that way for a long time.
This is exactly why that post just asked for Shaman buffs in the way of aoe healing....

Shamans.

The AOE healer.

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:06 pm

Reading some people's expectations for Turtle WoW scares me. Indeed, the retail-ization of WoW was truly driven by the community and its insatiable desire for bigger, shinier, and easier, not so much by corporation greed. I fear this will come to Turtle someday.
New races, new classes, new spells, new race/class combinations, new routes, make it bigger, easier, and make it fashionable to what I want! Everything that's unique about Turtle WoW will be lost to a homogenized and bland experience for all... And it will be our fault once again.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:13 pm

Adding stuff to vanilla is what this server is about. It’s vanilla plus.

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:08 pm

I love having more race-class variety! I've already got my Human Hunter named and prepped - just working on her RP now!

Personally I'd love to have Undead Paladins and Dwarf Shamans, especially since everything is cross faction now. However I do appreciate how much more work this would be - there is zero quest integration so everything would have to be built from scratch, which is a ton of work just for a single class and likely a single race.
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Beertaster

Post by Beertaster » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:01 pm

Karrados wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:54 pm
Also Druid and Paladin tanks are already on-par if not even better than Warriors in some cases when it comes to Dungeons.
Ya when the paladin is already over geared for the 5man. Before then its constant mana problems, stopping and drinking. Warriors greatly outpace a paladin before gear lets Paladin AoE overtake them.

Paladins can only do 20mans when they are already decked in the AQ40 gear raids reserve to keep progressing.

Beertaster

Post by Beertaster » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:14 pm

New dances might sell well on the store.

I know human female macarina is pretty boring.

Rejectedgalaxy

Post by Rejectedgalaxy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:42 pm

Hmmm PvP related changes on a major patch... Cross faction battlegrounds?

Porkiller

Post by Porkiller » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:44 pm

is server is dead now?

Pett

Post by Pett » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:45 pm

seems to be. my hardcore character was fighting and then poof. If I am dead when it comes back online I'm going to be pissed, lol.

Porkiller

Post by Porkiller » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:47 pm

im hc too, thank God I was resting

Porkiller

Post by Porkiller » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:59 pm

can anyone join the server? Or does everyone fail?

Pett

Post by Pett » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:02 pm

Discord says it should be up shortly. Here's hoping I'm still alive.

Porkiller

Post by Porkiller » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:10 pm

Pett wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:02 pm
Discord says it should be up shortly. Here's hoping I'm still alive.
are you alive? ))

Pett

Post by Pett » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:18 pm

I am!! Lol. I rezzed next to a gnoll with full health and mana and was fine, lol.

Cozy

Post by Cozy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:01 pm

will shamans ever have racial totems??

Condabas

Post by Condabas » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:06 pm

As long as Gilneas isn’t a port from retail, this sounds great!

Totuga

Post by Totuga » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:42 am

OMG Troll warlock!!!!!
You guys keep hitting perfection! turtle_in_love_head

Congrats to all the lore-friendly players who will now have a new option!

*extreme hype*

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:16 pm

Suggestion to make a saperate server for HC:
viewtopic.php?t=5473

State your opinions, friends.
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Ryo3000

Post by Ryo3000 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:46 pm

Any chance the debuff limits can be removed on this patch as well?

Aykhanchik

Post by Aykhanchik » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:11 pm

Remmo87 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:16 pm
viewtopic.php?t=5473

NO
Zarathushtra - Priest

There are no cows in the water.

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:36 pm

Hope for rogue bugfixes and quality of life adjustments like s&d doesnt brake stealth, sap talent removing and make it as base ability doesnt brake stealth etc, every one class get something good but rogue, rogues get gamebreaking bugs and useless finisher.

Roa7175

Post by Roa7175 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:49 am

Skumbanana wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:06 pm
Reading some people's expectations for Turtle WoW scares me. Indeed, the retail-ization of WoW was truly driven by the community and its insatiable desire for bigger, shinier, and easier, not so much by corporation greed. I fear this will come to Turtle someday.
New races, new classes, new spells, new race/class combinations, new routes, make it bigger, easier, and make it fashionable to what I want! Everything that's unique about Turtle WoW will be lost to a homogenized and bland experience for all... And it will be our fault once again.
Lol. If you don't have expectations, goals, etc., then it's just going to be a stale, dull, boring game. With no changes, no new exciting stuff, what else is there to look forward too?

ANY game has to have new contents in the making unless it's a once-and-done type of game...

Roa7175

Post by Roa7175 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:51 am

Remmo87 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:16 pm
viewtopic.php?t=5473

You want to divide the playerbase and make the game feel empty for either modes...? Lol.

Roa7175

Post by Roa7175 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:50 am

Hope the Hunter class for humans come out soon!