Patch 1.17.0 — Beyond the Greymane Wall

Xjanusx

Re: Patch 1.17.0 — Beyond the Greymane Wall

Post by Xjanusx » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:27 am

I am hyped for the new content, even tho I do not support the changes to druid 2.5 set, as it removes the only source of hybrid gear for the class outside of pvp.

Wish you all the best for implementation. This patch looks... humongous. Fingers crossed it all works well!

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:59 am

I love the lore of how Humans never had Hunters before so in order to eat game, they had to send the Warriors and Mages to kill the game, then give the game to farmers to plant it into the soil so a game tree would grow. But despite Night Elves being around, they somehow never taught Humans how to be Hunters, but only when the High Elves arrived, only then Humans learned of this mind-boggling concept to use ranged weapons to hunt for game and to use tamed pets to help them hunting.

Nilarith

Post by Nilarith » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:39 am

Torta wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:37 pm
Flourish now has a 40 second cooldown to avoid cases where the Rogue would become avoidance capped.
Developer Note: Rogue tanking, while a cool and unique concept, has one major flaw. With avoidance based tanks, you either die instantly or do not require any healing at all. It leads to some encounters being trivialised, such as Patchwerk. It has also been brought to our attention that some crafty rogues use flourish to farm some end game bosses alone or in a much smaller group than intended. For that reason, we decided to put a cd on Flourish, to make reaching avoidance cap much harder. Expect more changes for rogue tanking, and rogue class as a whole in the next round of spell changes.
This is a low blow. Rogue tanking as described in the post only works under perfect conditions. The target has to have no damaging spells, hard CC, threat resets, etc. This change will effectively remove rogue tanking as a viable option altogether, not to mention it will remove the only significant class change the class had received so far. Please come up with alternative options for rogue before making any changes. I'm a veteran player and know how long patches take to release. If this change goes through, rogue tanking won't be a thing on this server for years.

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:09 pm

Noce wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:54 pm
"We closely monitor PvP balance in battlegrounds and Blood Ring and expect more balance changes targeted strictly at PvP soon."

i sure hope so bcoz when you realy take a look at some pvp abilities some classes have while others have nthing its rly unbalanced.
hunter with pets, all sort of traps freeze (why not make it to just root u in ice so u only cant move?), frost, entrampment, scatter shot, con.shoot
paladin with bubble (why not make it to be just lik priests pw:s or with some kind of penalty when used?), repent, stun and being all round great at dmg and healing
druids generaly pain to kill with alot of utility
priests - shadow priests to be exact are realy menace with blacout and long range instant dots (make them low range like shaman shocks and not instant casts)

im looking trough the shaman perspective. i saw that totems r getting some kind of one click all drop but thats just one small change. all above classes have alot in their arsenal. consider giving shaman few changes or nerf other classes. shamans do need either dual weild, cleanse, maelstrom, totem of wrath (and all other totems from later exp tbc-wotlk), earthliving, earthbind->earthgrab totem (just as hunters frezze trap), wind shear (seperate of shocks), hex (or any kind of stun), talent changes, etc. there are alot of changes that are at disposal for shamans.
LOL at thinking shamans are weak in pvp and need buffs

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:16 pm

Geojak wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:09 pm
Noce wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:54 pm
LOL at thinking shamans are weak in pvp and need buffs
Lmao, me shaman me bad, buff shaman nerf enemy

Naite

Post by Naite » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:12 pm

Code: Select all

Troll Warlock. The reunion of the forest trolls and the Darkspear tribes has resulted in a fusion of cultures. As a consequence, the prominence of dark magic has increased within troll society, offering new avenues for those who crave power. The audacious tusken kin, willing to pay the price, are now prepared to venture into the wider world. The question remains: Will you rise above all others, or will your insatiable hunger for power lead to your downfall?
Have a question about Warlocks, if I, for example, play as an Undead Warlock and have endgame gear from Naxx, but after Patch 1.17.0 I would like to try Troll, so why can't I just buy something like a token and change race?

Naite

Post by Naite » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:13 pm

Naite wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:12 pm
Troll Warlock. The reunion of the forest trolls and the Darkspear tribes has resulted in a fusion of cultures. As a consequence, the prominence of dark magic has increased within troll society, offering new avenues for those who crave power. The audacious tusken kin, willing to pay the price, are now prepared to venture into the wider world. The question remains: Will you rise above all others, or will your insatiable hunger for power lead to your downfall?
Have a question about Warlocks, if I, for example, play as an Undead Warlock and have endgame gear from Naxx, but after Patch 1.17.0 I would like to try Troll, so why can't I just buy something like a token and change race?

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:00 pm

Race changes are a thing here and have been, they're just suspended while they work on the patch. You'll most likely be able to do it again after the patch drops by opening a ticket.

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:27 am

Bayanni wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:00 pm
Race changes are a thing here and have been, they're just suspended while they work on the patch. You'll most likely be able to do it again after the patch drops by opening a ticket.
Race change to the new race-class combos won't be possible. I am reasonably sure I read this somewhere. So you can't switch to human hunter or troll lock, even when racechange comes back, at least in the beginning.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:04 pm

If you are making the Southshore docks bigger, then add some docked ships there too to make it look more busy and alive.

I was thinking this can also be done for Booty Bay, Ratchet and Steamwheedle Port - add more docked ships with some interactable NPCs on them. Maybe it can serve to expand the quest chains for the two pirate factions - Bloodsail Buccaneers and the other guys I forgot.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:25 pm

Main reason race change was disabled is because of the population increase.

The vanilla client didn't have the built in race change UI like tbc and wotlk

The GMs had to do it manually and it was a longer process and caused alot of issues, like horde players wearing the alliance pvp set and getting double the bonuses and the set looking ridiculous on Tauren and Orc warriors.

They have taken it down to try implement the built in UI system like in wotlk where everything gets converted automatically.

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:47 pm

The rogues have not had any significant improvement in their gameplay unlike the rest of the classes, only that improved Sap costs one talent point less, the rest has been the creation of the rogue tank (which will now be nerfed xd) and the finisher of Throw that no one uses because there aren't enough relevant throwing weapons. Please, some love that makes the rogue more interesting, for example that the last talent of assassination (which nobody uses because it is garbage) change it to be able to backstab in front with a slight reduction in damage, that would make you be able to play daggers in open world and be able to use your abilities, since when playing against mobs you can only use it at the beginning of the fight or gouge + backstab. It's just a suggestion, but it's not right that everyone receives good changes and what the rogues receive are changes to things that almost no rogue uses (tank) and is also nerfed.

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:48 pm

Anadrol wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:47 pm
The rogues have not had any significant improvement in their gameplay unlike the rest of the classes, only that improved Sap costs one talent point less, the rest has been the creation of the rogue tank (which will now be nerfed xd) and the finisher of Throw that no one uses because there aren't enough relevant throwing weapons. Please, some love that makes the rogue more interesting, for example that the last talent of assassination (which nobody uses because it is garbage) change it to be able to backstab in front with a slight reduction in damage, that would make you be able to play daggers in open world and be able to use your abilities, since when playing against mobs you can only use it at the beginning of the fight or gouge + backstab. It's just a suggestion, but it's not right that everyone receives good changes and what the rogues receive are changes to things that almost no rogue uses (tank) and is also nerfed.
but it's not right that everyone receives good changes and what the rogues receive are changes to things that almost no rogue uses (tank) and is also nerfed.

(Sorry for double post, idk how edit posts)

Akalix
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Akalix » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:23 am

Soon TM
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Williamson75

Post by Williamson75 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:02 pm

Hyped for the new stuff but hate that after promising forever they would look at shamans we get to be better totem bots. Are the devs serious? I would hope they aim to fix how broken enhancement is at a base level. Gearing is nice but the need for so many stats handicaps it. Then they want to nerf the crafted set that really helped them only to buff the old crap the is bis for absolutely ages. Happy I quit shaman a while ago only useful for my salt shaker cd. Any chance they might try to look at the ton of feed back they asked for only to completely ignore. We felt hat it's too big for a regular patch. So we kept waiting. Only for the major expansion level update to have a buff to totems. Did they get tired of begging for windfury all the time?

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:21 pm

The totem buff is a mistake. Not relevant for pve in my opinion and huge on pvp where ele shamans didn't need buff.

Ele shamans need holy strike unironically as new 31 talent and berserk moved somewhere else

Ninetyone

Post by Ninetyone » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:51 am

hello, can you start th atunement quests for the new raids now? or do we need to wait for the patch

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:55 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:21 pm
The totem buff is a mistake. Not relevant for pve in my opinion and huge on pvp where ele shamans didn't need buff.

Ele shamans need holy strike unironically as new 31 talent and berserk moved somewhere else
Still not half as degen as Paladin on Turtle WoW.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:57 am

Williamson75 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:02 pm
Hyped for the new stuff but hate that after promising forever they would look at shamans we get to be better totem bots. Are the devs serious? I would hope they aim to fix how broken enhancement is at a base level. Gearing is nice but the need for so many stats handicaps it. Then they want to nerf the crafted set that really helped them only to buff the old crap the is bis for absolutely ages. Happy I quit shaman a while ago only useful for my salt shaker cd. Any chance they might try to look at the ton of feed back they asked for only to completely ignore. We felt hat it's too big for a regular patch. So we kept waiting. Only for the major expansion level update to have a buff to totems. Did they get tired of begging for windfury all the time?
They've already said this isn't the patch for the class changes, so stfu and sit down, and be happy you got one buff for now.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:11 am

Jammyxx wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:55 am
Geojak wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:21 pm

Still not half as degen as Paladin on Turtle WoW.
Hater

Williamson75

Post by Williamson75 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:10 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:57 am

They've already said this isn't the patch for the class changes, so stfu and sit down, and be happy you got one buff for now.
This was where they said they would look at major class changes. Where they nerf paladins and buff other lower preforming classes. It was too much for normal patches and they would have to considered more changes on the next major patch. This is that next major patch. The totem buff is not a pve buff in anyway major way.

They added new things awesome. The lense which people play the game hasn't changed for most shamans or druids. That's what they need to look at next. If your enhancement, your healing. Gear buffs are what they are looking at They hated that rets dealt with it so they should make a change for balance druids and feral. For shamans they rely on too many stats right now for gear except class locked over stat budgeted gear. They owe to the other classes plagued with the same problem as ret had, to look into reworking abilities and talents to better suit them.

Shaman talents are split between tanking and DPS. The issue is if we removed one half it would fix the other. They really should look into either adding more talents to the board, reworking the existing ones or preferably making talents that work with either shield or 2h on the same talents.

So tldr complaints aren't because I hate the devs but from frustration of the way my favorite class is broken.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:34 pm

The Flourish nerf is utterly idiotic. No longer is avoidance tanking in raids possible and it also greatly devalues the skill during leveling/in dungeons/in PvP. The only niche the class had, has been removed.

Turtle is definitely not the server to play for rogue lovers as it's been one blow after another to a class that's in need of help, not nerfs.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:21 pm

Rogue needing some love is the correct assessment. But that love should not be 100% melee dmg mitigation with 100% uptime. The game breaks at these numbers.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:33 pm

Kairion wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:21 pm
Rogue needing some love is the correct assessment. But that love should not be 100% melee dmg mitigation with 100% uptime. The game breaks at these numbers.
It only works on a few specific bosses and it doesn't impact the final game balance in any way. All it does is give the class a niche.

Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:21 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:33 pm
It only works on a few specific bosses and it doesn't impact the final game balance in any way. All it does is give the class a niche.
And giving classes their own little situational niches is awesome and something that the devs should embrace, support, and expand upon rather than nerf away.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:33 pm

Mac wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:21 pm
Gantulga wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:33 pm
And giving classes their own little situational niches is awesome and something that the devs should embrace, support, and expand upon rather than nerf away.
Here on Turtle we'd rather just use warriors for everything like in the good old days.

So much for vanilla+.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:31 pm

Ye great idea, its fine when healers are only obsolete on some boss fights...

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:48 pm

On those fights the healers can take a break and go deal damage. Just like the warrior tanks.

I don't understand why some people hate fun and variety and prefer instead doing the exact same thing forever and ever.

Balake

Post by Balake » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:00 pm

Kairion wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:31 pm
Ye great idea, its fine when healers are only obsolete on some boss fights...
Most druid healers don't have faerie fire on their bars, and prefer afking on low heal fights than contributing with their number 1 strongest utility.

Paladins and shamans can swap to an on-hit weapon and swing away, help stack an annihilator or keep up a nightfall.

Priests dish out some ok damage albeit with very bad mana efficiency. They can also respec to holy + shadow weaving spec and keep up the debuff if there are no spriests.

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:59 pm

Rogues need love, they also exist and deserve attention like the other classes. The only difference between twow rogue and classic rogue is that improved sap costs 2 talent points and it doesn't take you out of stealth. throw is not used by anyone and flourish is only for tank and will be nerfed. We are the only class that our gameplay has not received any improvements or changes, either directly (such as the changes to the paladin) or indirectly (such as the warlocks or shadow priests with the increase in dots to the bosses). 0 difference is felt between the rogue of vanilla and the one of supposedly vanilla +

Also to say that with the new anti-crit stat in 1.17 it is an indirect nerf to the rogue daggers in PvP (and any that depend on the crit) and consequently classes like warlock and Shadow priest that depend on the dots benefit greatly (as if they weren't already)

Nowayg5

Post by Nowayg5 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:41 pm

is there any release date or something? hiding_smth_turtle_head

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:50 pm

Nowayg5 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:41 pm
is there any release date or something? hiding_smth_turtle_head
Seeing how far they are from the patch notes: Between a Week and 12 months with another delay possibly thrown on top.

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:17 pm

Torta wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:37 pm
Emerald Sanctum.
A new slew of appearances await fellow druids in Hyjal, rarely dropping from Solnius in the Emerald Sanctum.

Presumably these will come in the form of glyphs (sensible as a drop, to easily turn them on/off, and the image is called "turtlewow_glyphs.png"). Could you please expand the key ring? Right now I'm using every single slot already (Alliance has Key to Searing Gorge, TWoW adds Glyph of the Stag and Scarlet Crusade Insignia) and I really don't want to waste bag slots on cosmetics or keys when the key ring exists specifically to fix this issue. If anything, an expanded key ring would even allow you to add more Turtle items like the Scepter of Celebras for the Azshara teleport.

Ninetyone

Post by Ninetyone » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:16 pm

hey only 2 bosses for the new raid?? will there be big raids too like with 8 bosses or so?

Andyxds

Post by Andyxds » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:03 am

With the Beyond the Greymane Wall Patch, Hope theirs new pets as well. Would like to see the english mastiff as a pet for hunters.