Hardcore and Donations

Pett

Hardcore and Donations

Post by Pett » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:40 pm

If I buy a backpack slot expansion on a hardcore character, and he dies, does that get refunded or do I just lose that completely?

Thank you, I've heard both yes and no and would like confirmation one way or the other before I spend my tokens.

Kingcrash

Re: Hardcore and Donations

Post by Kingcrash » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:41 am

again i cant deny or confirm this for you, but I've been told that any money spent on a HC that dies, will get refunded when you delete the character.

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:58 am

If your hardcore character dies, tokens will automatically return onto your balance. If you delete it while it's still alive, it will not happen, in that case normal refund rules apply: viewtopic.php?p=12805#p12805

Borna

Post by Borna » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:32 am

oh so it is a permanent purhase even if we play hc? that was the only thing stopping me from buyin stuff i thought it was gone when char dies in hc

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:02 pm

Borna wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:32 am
oh so it is a permanent purhase even if we play hc? that was the only thing stopping me from buyin stuff i thought it was gone when char dies in hc
U're contradicting yourself in the post but no and yes. It is not a permanent purchase until you succeed the challenge. It becomes permanent when you hit 60.

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:16 pm

Paw wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:02 pm
Borna wrote:
U're contradicting yourself in the post but no and yes. It is not a permanent purchase until you succeed the challenge. It becomes permanent when you hit 60.
except you go inferno, i guess. :P

Borna

Post by Borna » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:01 pm

Paw wrote:
Borna wrote:
but im getting all the tokens i invested from the store back onto my store account after my hc char dies before i hit 60 right? doesnt this mean my token value purchase is permanent?

i wants talking about losing the store item connected to one char permanence, i was talking about token permanence
Last edited by Borna on Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:16 pm

Borna wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:01 pm
Paw wrote:
Borna wrote:
but im getting all the tokens i invested from the store back onto my store account after my hc char dies before i hit 60 right? doesnt this mean my token value purchase is permanent?
What do you mean by token value purchase? In the meantime I would like to mention the power of positive thinking on a sidenote.

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:47 pm

Borna wrote:
There are 2 steps to the whole process and people seem to be getting confused between the two:

1) Get tokens credited to your account.
You can complete the Slow & Steady challenge. You can "donate" real money (purchase #1 if you will). All of these steps are permanent and irreversible. I'm not aware of a refund policy.

2) Get in-game rewards for specific characters.
You open the in-game shop, you spend tokens for cosmetics or helpful items (purchase #2 if you will). These purchases are generally permanent but not without exceptions. The biggest exception is that the death of a hardcore character automatically refunds all tokens spent on that character back to your account balance.

So yes, if you donate for 500 tokens and only play hardcore, these 500 tokens will not be lost, they stay with you through your various characters. That doesn't mean the tokens are entirely permanent (manually deleting a character does not refund tokens as far as I know), but the answer is yes - the death of a hardcore character will not permanently lose you tokens.

Borna

Post by Borna » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:35 pm

Paw wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:16 pm
Borna wrote:
Paw wrote:

What do you mean by token value purchase? In the meantime I would like to mention the power of positive thinking on a sidenote.
that i bought tokens....i buy item for my hc char....when i die with that char i lose the item but i get tokens back = i keep the token value so my purchase/real money investment was permanent...thats what i was saying all along until "i contradicted myself" but actually it was only you contradicting me. thank you and bye

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:41 pm

Borna wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:35 pm
Paw wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:16 pm
Borna wrote:

that i bought tokens....i buy item for my hc char....when i die with that char i lose the item but i get tokens back = i keep the token value so my purchase/real money investment was permanent...thats what i was saying all along until "i contradicted myself" but actually it was only you contradicting me. thank you and bye
sorry that I offended you and you are welcome. /wave

Wher0

Post by Wher0 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:11 pm

Buyer Beware would be my philosophy.