The Rake tamed pet - run speed

Druhl

The Rake tamed pet - run speed

Post by Druhl » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:29 pm

In Vanilla WOW "The Rake" (rare cat, Mulgore - https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=5807) is supposed to retain a fast run speed after taming, but I tamed him on my hunter and he has a regular ol' slow run speed.

Is that nerfed here or is mine bugged?

Thanks

Shamma

Re: The Rake tamed pet - run speed

Post by Shamma » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:59 pm

Druhl wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:29 pm
In Vanilla WOW "The Rake" (rare cat, Mulgore - https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=5807) is supposed to retain a fast run speed after taming, but I tamed him on my hunter and he has a regular ol' slow run speed.

Is that nerfed here or is mine bugged?

Thanks
It is supposed to retain and retains a fast ATTACK speed. 1.2. Not running.

Druhl

Post by Druhl » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:03 pm

It did retain the 1.2 attack speed. However, on Wowhead the discussion there talks about him also having a fast run speed (posters from versions prior to 1.3). I wonder why it's different here.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:22 pm

Druhl wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:03 pm
It did retain the 1.2 attack speed. However, on Wowhead the discussion there talks about him also having a fast run speed (posters from versions prior to 1.3). I wonder why it's different here.
You wrote the answer yourself: (posters from versions prior to 1.3). No run speed difference in pets exist or are supposed to exist in 1.12.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:22 pm

To give a bit more context. There were a few pets out there that did offer some significant upsides.

Snarler in feralas came with a free built in 100 resistace to all damage types, the fabled lupos from duskwood dealt shadowdamage instead of physical. Making his attacks unaffected by enemy armor.

But wirh patch 1.9 they all lost their special perks, as the concept was unintuitive to players. "Why is my wolf worse than yours"

The only thing not yet normalized in 1.12.1 was the attackspeey. Hence Broken tooth remains as one of the only rare pets that kept his bonus.

Since we play 1.12.1 of coursw the change from 1.9 is in effect

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:25 pm

Kairion wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:22 pm
Hence Broken tooth remains as one of the only rare pets that kept his bonus.
Just this is wrong. Broken tooth is the famous rare cat with 1.0 attack speed - but no other "bonus". Lots of different pets have different attack speeds. The Rake famously has 1.2.