Pets Agro in still

Pifers

Pets Agro in still

Post by Pifers » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:54 pm

why when i go out of combat with a hunter or a warlock the pet never stop hitting me?
even if i go out of combat and enter invisible the pets have the target set and they hit me and see me in invisible, the only way to lose the agro of the pets is to throw banish... that's wrong, can you fix that bug please it's a really stupid bug you can't play rogue

Gantulga

Re: Pets Agro in still

Post by Gantulga » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:35 pm

It's even worse with the succubus cause she just chases you while being invisible as the drooling warlock just follows her around and there's nothing you can do about it as not even vanish works most of the times.

Sadly I wouldn't expect this to be fixed since the developers at best do not care about rogues and at worst have a disdain for the class. Then again, there was a change preventing you from sending pets to attack targets you have no line of sight of so maybe there's hope.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:28 pm

Did the devs state anywhere that they dislike rogue class. Or is this based on muh op paladins?

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:51 am

I'm just going by the general amount of changes/fixes/custom loot for the class, which is simply abysmal compared to what other classes got.

This particular issue with the pets was already brought up multiple times in the past but was largely ignored despite being rather gamebreaking.

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:54 pm

Devs just dont give a fuck in 2 things in this server - pvp and rogues.

Velorok

Post by Velorok » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:58 pm

Just discovered this. Isn't this is a bug or "vanilla feature"?

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:21 pm

Velorok wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:58 pm
Just discovered this. Isn't this is a bug or "vanilla feature"?
It's a vanilla bug/technical limitation which was fixed in TBC.

Velorok

Post by Velorok » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:07 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:21 pm
It's a vanilla bug/technical limitation which was fixed in TBC.
Well, there is a ticket now https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow- ... ssues/2891 Hopefully they'll do something about it.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:34 am

Stealth will not get rid of pets chasing you. But vanish will. While its annoying as fuck, it might be worth to burn a vanish when you REALLY don't want a pet chasing you.

But ye its a "feature" but its one where noone would be sad to have it fixed