Marc

why arent there human hunters?

Post by Marc » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:48 pm

question is listed in the title

Sinrek
Has liked: 13 times

Re: why arent there human hunters?

Post by Sinrek » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:42 pm

Human hunters are a meme just like an axe-wielding tauren rogue.
There's a camp in Stranglethorn with "hunters" … besides that dwarf. Have you tried to actually read that book Barnil Stonepot is asking players to find those lost pages of?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:42 am

Marc wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:48 pm
I think I read somewhere that they can’t add more than 6 classes per race. Humans are already at 6

Keegus

Post by Keegus » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:47 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:42 pm
There's a camp in Stranglethorn with "hunters" … besides that dwarf. Have you tried to actually read that book Barnil Stonepot is asking players to find those lost pages of?
Explain Forsaken Hunters then.

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:49 pm

Humans are the most dangerous game, hence why nobody hunts them.

Sinrek
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Sinrek » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:31 pm

Keegus wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:47 pm
Sinrek wrote:
Won't even try to. That deviation was not supposed to be either. Just like gnome hunters. I'd like to see those removed for good.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Muslim

Post by Muslim » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:07 am

isnt there a lore about human hunters in northrend ?

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:37 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:31 pm
Keegus wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:47 pm
Sinrek wrote:
Won't even try to. That deviation was not supposed to be either. Just like gnome hunters. I'd like to see those removed for good.
I agree with gnomes. I would only want them as hunters if they could only take mechanical beasts. Unfortunately in vanilla there really aren’t a lot of mechs

Sharpblade

Post by Sharpblade » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:47 pm

Marc wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:48 pm
human discover fast food they forgot how to hunt. xD

Philandros

Post by Philandros » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:37 pm

Mechanically, it was because of the game a race would only have 6 classes. Though it can be coded around now, the starting race page may need to be updated to accomodate more clases to fit well.

Lore-wise there are human hunters and rangers, though Nathanos (the most famous one) is dead now and probaly trained the forsaken ones for turtle wow.

Gnome hunters would make sense if they were stuck to mechanicale pets only, I agree. Since they seem to love their goofy (phaser)guns I'm sure thats why gnomes are hunters here. Could be cool if T-wow could 'roboticize' animals after a gnome tames them.

It would also be cool if you could code something like; make a high elf or dwarf hunter, get them to 60, and it unlocks human hunters on that account as if they took their time to teach a human counterpart. There are stores of both dwarves and Elves teaching humans to be hunters or rangers.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:11 am

Human Hunter would bring me back to Turtle for sure. I think it's weird how we even need to justify human hunters at all when even the second human quest involves killing wolves for a HUMAN Hunter. I don't know if the slight interface change on the char selection screen is really that difficult to add. I doubt it.
Come on, it's a no-brainer. Hunting is a basic part of human life and it hardly needs any lore justification.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:27 am

Jombo wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:11 am
Come on, it's a no-brainer. Hunting is a basic part of human life and it hardly needs any lore justification.
This really makes sense. I feel you.

Still from some point of view I think 6 classes per race is enough. Enough races can be hunters. No need for more.

Changing the GUI w/o source code for the client - no so easy. Be mad at Blizz for not putting hunters as a class for humans from the start and leave it at that.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:13 pm

Are you sure though? I heard different takes on this. Many people say "hardcoded, not possible" but others said "oh it's been done before and it's definitely possible".

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:30 pm

When WoW was put together it was programmed that way, so races have max 6 classes.
Humans obviously can be hunters, so it should be an option if possible.
I think humans should've been hunters rather than warlocks. But gnome warlocks make even less sense, and Blizzard didn't want warlocks to be horde-only.

In these cases it would be alright to duplicate a race in the character creation screen, so more than 6 classes can be added. Only if adding them is lore-adequate of course.
I think humans should be duplicated so they can be hunters, and the forsaken too, so they can be paladins.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:15 pm

Are you sure though it is hardcoded to an extent where it is impossible to break? If you didn't ignore my post above you should try to think about that.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:35 pm

Yeah, I'm not so sure how true the "impossible to break" part is. This thread claims it's pretty easy to add a seventh class.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:42 pm

Exactly.. I hope the devs have some comments on this :-) I mean a hunter trainer in Goldshire and Northshire Abbey and then it would be set.