How to warrior?

Lucifael

How to warrior?

Post by Lucifael » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:39 pm

Questions: Is the healing present in the Fury branch of any consequence or no need to get distracted by that?

Toughness, Iron Will, Anticipation, do these actually make you harder to kill or don't put points there unless you are going to go sword and board all the way?

I'm wondering if a dip in Prot with no intent to go sword and shield will increase sustain.

Also wondering if the healing talents in fury actually increase sustain or not enough to notice.

What about a full spread of Fury and those Prot talents, does that make you any less likely to get bodied or might as well split Arms and Fury and hope for the best?

I would love to level a 2h warrior and I will be solo most of the time but without a shield will I be on a milk carton more often that not?

Example:
https://talents.turtle-wow.org/warrior/IIW1NC6U1-5-55U
or
https://talents.turtle-wow.org/warrior/CI-55II2Z666-55U

Redmagejoe

Re: How to warrior?

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:03 am

Hey there, friend. Welcome to Warrior. It would be easier to answer your questions and get to the heart of what you want out of your character if you could be spoken to in real-time.

Hit me up in-game on Sanctified, I'll see what I can do to help.

Sinrek

Re: How to warrior?

Post by Sinrek » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:57 pm

Lucifael wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:39 pm
Questions: Is the healing present in the Fury branch of any consequence or no need to get distracted by that?
Healing in talents is minuscule and shouldn't be your goal … unless you stack on +healing gear, which is … pretty absurd for a warrior if you ask me.
Lucifael wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:39 pm
I would love to level a 2h warrior and I will be solo most of the time but without a shield will I be on a milk carton more often that not?
For a 2h warrior, you'd want the fastest rage generation + damage.

Although the strength of this class comes not only from the almost neverending source in form of the Rage, I believe it's the flexibility between mitigation of incoming damage and outcoming damage + one of the best in the game threat generation, which should be determined by your goals at hand.

There are situations when your group needs more damage for a certain fight or the amount of enemies is way too big for the group to handle and while you can't reequip your armour in a fight (a shield is not armour for a warrior, but a weapon) you are still effective with what weapons you use and how.

Taking certain mechanics of the class into account, I'd say that stance-dance is almost obligatory for any warrior to be effective, the next goal would be survivability and threat management, therefore you'd need to be prepared for things more mentally than physically. Know your fights, know yourself and you'd be fine for almost any encounter. Even Frost Mages. hiding_smth_turtle
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.