I wish the old turtle community could get its own proper RP-server

Friendz001

I wish the old turtle community could get its own proper RP-server

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:03 pm

I just wish we could get our own server, so that actuall RP players can enjoy the game again.
Almost everywhere I go, be it alliance or horde, I see nothing but toxic chatting, memes, anti-social behaviour,
immersion-breaking names and behaviour. The last RP that I remember was the crossroads caravan, and they
quit because RPing on this server right now is basically impossible. Old turtles know what Im talking about here...

I personally dont need 3000 people to play the game. I enjoy 100-500 players much more, for a bunch of reasons.
If we could get a proper RP-server just for us, with few basic RP rules like :

- No immersion breaking (gimmicky names like "Pwndoctor" etc., or speech)
- No boosting mechanics like tents (remove XP and only keep tents as a pure RP element)
- Normal drop rates again (especially for recipes and greens)
- Basically remove anything that attracts PVP-players, and you have a good server

and so on....

I would imidiately quit and delete all my chars that I have right now and move over to that 100 population RP server,
or even 50 people, I dont care, I have much more fun with 50 true RP players, then with those 3000 players we have
right now. All my characters feel worthless, I would delete them all instantly if we could get such a server...

Karrados

Re: I wish the old turtle community could get its own proper RP-server

Post by Karrados » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:49 pm

I was with you up until the last point. This pretty much seems like a hidden bash against PVP Players disguised as a plea for a RP Server. You even made it bold to make sure people see it.

PVP Players do not automatically make a Server bad as I have seen my fair share of toxic behaviour before Turtle exploded when it still had 50-300 people.

That aside I have never EVER seen actual RP on the Server even before the explosion. It was either hidden away which defeats the purpose or it was locked behind events only.

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:32 pm

Karrados wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:49 pm
I was with you up until the last point. This pretty much seems like a hidden bash against PVP Players disguised as a plea for a RP Server. You even made it bold to make sure people see it.

PVP Players do not automatically make a Server bad as I have seen my fair share of toxic behaviour before Turtle exploded when it still had 50-300 people.

That aside I have never EVER seen actual RP on the Server even before the explosion. It was either hidden away which defeats the purpose or it was locked behind events only.
I do think PVP players automatically make a server more toxic. Yes. But I also dont think that my personal opinion
matters here. This is about a new RP server for actuall RP players, not my opinion on PVP players.

And like I said, there was an RP guild doing caravan and such in crossroads, there is plenty of old screenshots
of random RP events... and also random RPing in the open
world, back in the day I could walk up to somebody, and had a fairly decent chance of him RPing with me
on the fly - obviously not everybody, but a "decent" chance was there - nowadays, basically 0%.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm

I mean, yeah. that is downside of getting popular i guess.
When something become 'meta', it deviates from fun.
I am now looking up how Moonguard still keep RP as its main identity. Maybe the RP community should create web pages like them and record character stories, events as part of 'unofficial' lore?

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:07 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm
I mean, yeah. that is downside of getting popular i guess.
When something become 'meta', it deviates from fun.
I am now looking up how Moonguard still keep RP as its main identity. Maybe the RP community should create web pages like them and record character stories, events as part of 'unofficial' lore?
All they have to do is keep the PVP players on the current server, and simply give us a small one where we
can enjoy and actually play this RPG as an RPG, with proper rules. Everything else will come naturally.

But the community can only do so much. If the owners of this server dont help us, there is nothing we can do.

Atm im basically hiding my RP. Im doing it somewhere alone, playing out my characters story and writing everything
down into my notebook. Its sad but still better then nothing... wary_turtle_head

Fin

Post by Fin » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:13 pm

The RP community on turtle is still healthy and strong.

RP events still happen very often. You can check the announcements on discord.

Instead of "Hiding your RP" i suggest you interact with the players from the RP community.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:13 pm

Tinyfin wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:13 pm

Instead of "Hiding your RP" i suggest you interact with the players from the RP community.

The guy below me said he "never sees any RP here".
All of the older turtles Ive talked too, ppl that I know for over a year, said the same.
I also dont see any RP anymore.
And youre here telling me everything is as it was and that everything is fine...
YOU wouldnt even admit if something is wrong for obvious reasons...

And no, after my last 2 attempts, one of them ended up by a kid calling me a "n*gga", Ive definitely given up.

Fin

Post by Fin » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:20 pm

Friendz001 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:13 pm
Tinyfin wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:13 pm

Yes totaly.
The guy below me said he "never sees any RP here".
All of the older turtles Ive talked too, ppl that I know for over a year, said the same.
I also dont see any RP anymore.
And youre here telling me everything is as it was and that everything is fine...
/Ok.

And no, after my last 2 attempts, one of them ended up by a kid calling me a "n*gga", Ive definitely given up.

Do you plan to provide any exact information or will you keep going on vague tangents?

Go on discord and check the events channel. You will see post there announcing their events. Go and talk in the RP channel. You will see people talk to you. Join a Role play Guild.

The RP community is pretty much alive.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:27 pm

Tinyfin wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:20 pm
Do you plan to provide any exact information or will you keep going on vague tangents?

Go on discord and check the events channel. You will see post there announcing their events. Go and talk in the RP channel. You will see people talk to you.
What exactly do you want, you want me to do interviews with people and record it?
You want statistics from me? You want screenshots of every missbehaviour that I see, every insult, every grief?

Its not about people not talking to me. I never said that people dont talk to me...

This topic was about us getting a dedicated RP server, and I guess I got my answer here.

Fin

Post by Fin » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:31 pm

You claimed there is no RP.

I told you the RP community is very activity on discord, they often post events and interact with other players.

Behavior reports are done to the moderators.

Please go to the discord and interact with RP community instead of going on vague claims about how there is no RP and when there is pointed to you where you can find the community you go back to moderation cases.

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:42 pm

Tinyfin wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:31 pm
You claimed there is no RP.

I told you the RP community is very activity on discord, they often post events and interact with other players.

Behavior reports are done to the moderators.

Please go to the discord and interact with RP community instead of going on vague claims about how there is no RP and when there is pointed to you where you can find the community you go back to moderation cases.

You still dont get the point. I dont want to RP next to people whos name is "Madafakka" and who spam emotes
and make fun of others. Dont you understand that? Thats why I ask for a dedicated RP server where such
behaviour is prohibited.

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:31 pm

Maybe I sound very frustrated and bitter, but thats only because the server means way more to me
then it does to regular people, because im stuck in my bedroom and I cant have a life,
so everytihing I have is this server or this game.

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:49 pm

It’s the price of success. This server went from a small, friendly, close-knit community to a big server full of thousands of unfriendly, hateful players who want nothing more to ruin the game for everyone else. But more players equals better server, amirite? Gotta brag about those big numbers.

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:10 pm

Friendz001 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:31 pm
Maybe I sound very frustrated and bitter, but thats only because the server means way more to me
then it does to regular people, because im stuck in my bedroom and I cant have a life,
I know that many PvE players wouldn't even get started with the roleplay until they encountered it first-hand :) This wouldn't be possible on an RP-only server, since it'd only attract experienced roleplayers and instate an entry wall for those who have the potential to become part of the RP community!

It's only logical that with the general population growth you may encounter some questionable behavior in-game, but it doesn't mean we let rude and non-polite people run freely for long. Please use the report button when you spot improper behavior. Don't let trolls get to you!

My general suggestion would be to rather focus on events, maybe find a nice RP guild that doesn't allow non-immersive names and participate in their events. There's a really big community scheduling roleplay and guild events every week. Try joining it and meet more of the people you may become friends with.

https://turtle-wow.org/#/roleplay
https://discord.com/invite/mBGxmHy

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:20 pm

Mac wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:49 pm
It’s the price of success. This server went from a small, friendly, close-knit community to a big server full of thousands of unfriendly, hateful players who want nothing more to ruin the game for everyone else. But more players equals better server, amirite? Gotta brag about those big numbers.
Exactly.
Torta wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:10 pm
Friendz001 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:31 pm
I know that many PvE players wouldn't even get started with the roleplay until they encountered it first-hand :) This wouldn't be possible on an RP-only server, since it'd only attract experienced roleplayers and instate an entry wall for those who have the potential to become part of the RP community!

It's only logical that with the general population growth you may encounter some questionable behavior in-game, but it doesn't mean we let rude and non-polite people run freely for long. Please use the report button when you spot improper behavior. Don't let trolls get to you!

My general suggestion would be to rather focus on events, maybe find a nice RP guild that doesn't allow non-immersive names and participate in their events. There's a really big community scheduling roleplay and guild events every week. Try joining it and meet more of the people you may become friends with.

https://turtle-wow.org/#/roleplay
https://discord.com/invite/mBGxmHy
Hi Torta.

well I dont have a problem with that, if somebody dont want to RP thats his decision, thats not what this topic
is about. And me saying that there is no RP on this server was probably a bit exaggerated, thats not true.

I just think that if RPers would get their own realm, where everything is toned down again, no boosts etc.,
and proper name rules for the entire realm, not just a guild, that that would be a much better
enviroment and it would be like in the old days.

Are you strictly against a new realm and if so, why? Or is there any way you can be convinced to at least try out
a strict RP realm? Idc if there are only 100 people.
We had nothing but 100-200 people for so many yrs.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:43 pm

Not Torta but going to answer you the same way I answer anyone asking for a new realm on any server, as it often seems to me that people think it's as simple as clicking a button and making a new realm pop up.

Why they will likely not make another realm: Adding a second realm demands significantly more resources than you may realize, and I'm not talking about processing power or server resources. I am talking about maintenance, manpower, and things of this nature. If you add a second realm, you add an entire second environment which must be moderated, which must be maintained, which must have bug-testing and QA conducted that may for completely anomalous reasons behave differently than a server which in theory should be a copy/paste when an update is applied... The team has indeed grown from what it was at the outset, but there is still an overall lack of time or resources to maintain the current realm at a pace that the team would like. They work hard as volunteers within the constraints they have, and to open a second realm would exacerbate that issue and likely create an untenable situation.

And no, the knee-jerk response should not be "just recruit/hire more people". You open a second realm when you have an ABUNDANCE of resources and you have updates, fixes, and maintenance getting done at a breakneck pace, and people are actually left twiddling their thumbs in the development circle. That is when you can afford to open a second realm, but not before. I am sorry to say that, at current, it is beyond unlikely that there will be a second realm. Expanding too quickly is what kills businesses, and Turtle has only seen its population explosion in the last year. It is far too early to be expanding.

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:47 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:43 pm
That is when you can afford to open a second realm, but not before. I am sorry to say that, at current, it is beyond unlikely that there will be a second realm. Expanding too quickly is what kills businesses, and Turtle has only seen its population explosion in the last year. It is far too early to be expanding.
Ok mister expert, if you want to get technical....

Are you part of the staff? Do you have concrete numbers on how much money they make or have,
how much ressources they have and so?
If not, then whats up with these random assumptions?
Why do you act as if youre part of the staff with actuall information, and not just a player like the rest of us?

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:50 pm

Not Redmagejoe, but I will answer - it is basic common sense what made him give the answer.

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:52 pm

Shamma wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:50 pm
Not Redmagejoe, but I will answer - it is basic common sense what made him give the answer.
No it requires numbers... that none of us have.
We dont know if turtle-wow can afford another realm...
Common sense... lol...

Please just let torta answer ok... Unlike you guys he knows if the server can afford another realm or not...
Last edited by Friendz001 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:53 pm

While I may not be a member of the staff, my work on the HD mod pack has put me into direct communication with members of staff. It is not strictly necessary to be involved in every single step of their workflow to get a feel for a team of people's constraints, attitudes, pressures, and resources. Even just paying attention to the announcements and banter they made/make on Discord gives anyone with an inkling of awareness exactly the situation they're in.

You don't need to be an expert in the field to have your finger on the pulse of a business or organization. You only need a glimpse behind the curtain over a period of time to develop an understanding. As someone who works closely with development teams in the professional space, I have a fairly good feel for where a group is at. I didn't come here to flaunt that, however, I came here to attempt to explain to you the basic concept of business expansion and when it is and is not appropriate.

What I'm sensing from your reply, however, is a demand for an argument, which you will not get from me. You are welcome, however, to continue banging your drum demanding another server in flagrant disregard of my insight, which would elevate you from simply ignorant and in need of a helpful explanation to obnoxious forum-poster who gets ignored by staff. Best of luck whichever path you decide to take.

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:59 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:53 pm
While I may not be a member of the staff, my work on the HD mod pack has put me into direct communication with members of staff. It is not strictly necessary to be involved in every single step of their workflow to get a feel for a team of people's constraints, attitudes, pressures, and resources. Even just paying attention to the announcements and banter they made/make on Discord gives anyone with an inkling of awareness exactly the situation they're in.

You don't need to be an expert in the field to have your finger on the pulse of a business or organization. You only need a glimpse behind the curtain over a period of time to develop an understanding. As someone who works closely with development teams in the professional space, I have a fairly good feel for where a group is at. I didn't come here to flaunt that, however, I came here to attempt to explain to you the basic concept of business expansion and when it is and is not appropriate.

What I'm sensing from your reply, however, is a demand for an argument, which you will not get from me. You are welcome, however, to continue banging your drum demanding another server in flagrant disregard of my insight, which would elevate you from simply ignorant and in need of a helpful explanation to obnoxious forum-poster who gets ignored by staff. Best of luck whichever path you decide to take.
Yea im banging my drum, ok. Dude listen if youre just here to be arrogant just leave me alone ok,
I cant handle that now. I only care for what Torta has to say. You can keep your little "courtain-glimpse"-expertise
and your arrogant insults for yourself. You dont know how much money or ressources are available.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:02 pm

No one insulted you, and Torta has enough on her plate without dropping everything she's doing to address someone whining on the forums, which is now exactly what you're doing. You are not entitled to Torta's attention, yet you demand answers from no one less than the person in charge. You wish to dismiss our insight and knowledge, but you don't even know a single thing about the person running the server. If you want your demand shot down promptly and politely, go to the Discord that Tinyfin and Torta suggested and do it in person.

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:07 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:02 pm
No one insulted you, and Torta has enough on her plate without dropping everything she's doing to address someone whining on the forums, which is now exactly what you're doing. You are not entitled to Torta's attention, yet you demand answers from no one less than the person in charge. You wish to dismiss our insight and knowledge, but you don't even know a single thing about the person running the server. If you want your demand shot down promptly and politely, go to the Discord that Tinyfin and Torta suggested and do it in person.
You do. And nobody said I demand. I said I only care for what Torta has to say. Thats all. If I have to wait for an
answer, then so be it. But I dont care at all for aanything you have to say, whatsoever, and this is now my last reponse.
So please, I beg of you, get out of here and laeve me alone. I cant stand arrogant people like you. angry_turtle_hea
And if Torta doesnt want to answer then so be it.

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:09 pm

Friendz001 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:20 pm
Are you strictly against a new realm and if so, why? Or is there any way you can be convinced to at least try out
a strict RP realm? Idc if there are only 100 people.We had nothing but 100-200 people for so many yrs.
We are absolutely not ready to maintain two realms at once with the quality of support and development we expect ourselves to perform, I'm sorry. Our team size isn't comparable to Activision's :)

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:09 pm

Torta wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:09 pm
Friendz001 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:20 pm
a strict RP realm? Idc if there are only 100 people.We had nothing but 100-200 people for so many yrs.
We are absolutely not ready to maintain two realms once with the quality of support and development we expect ourselves to perform, I'm sorry. Our team size isn't comparable to Activision's :)
Ok thank you for the answer. neutral_turtle

Pantheon

Post by Pantheon » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:23 pm

Forgive my ignorance on this topic. I have a small, limited amount of RP experience on WoW.

Wouldn't downloading an RP addon communicate with everyone else with an RP addon? When I had it downloaded on Retail, I was able to see all other RP participants by mousing over them, and had no issue with interactions or walk ups.

I think there are 2 or 3 RP addons working with Turtle WoW. ImmersionRP and MyRP being the 2 most popular, and I believe they both communicate with the same public channel so it's a matter of functionality and UI preference?

RP Addons also allow you to create a Prefix and Suffix name visible to people with RP Addons, making the un-immersive names less exasperated.

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:32 pm

Pantheon wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:23 pm
Forgive my ignorance on this topic. I have a small, limited amount of RP experience on WoW.

Wouldn't downloading an RP addon communicate with everyone else with an RP addon? When I had it downloaded on Retail, I was able to see all other RP participants by mousing over them, and had no issue with interactions or walk ups.

I think there are 2 or 3 RP addons working with Turtle WoW. ImmersionRP and MyRP being the 2 most popular, and I believe they both communicate with the same public channel so it's a matter of functionality and UI preference?

RP Addons also allow you to create a Prefix and Suffix name visible to people with RP Addons, making the un-immersive names less exasperated.
You are right about that, I also use MyRoleplay. Its not that I cant find other RPers.
I was just dreaming of playing on a quite and low-pop turtle server again, where every person matters,
wich is always the case for small communities.

I think my english just isnt good enough to properly articulate
what I try to say or what my wish was...

But since Torta said its not possible, well... Gonna have to live with it.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:36 pm

Well not really. There are barren vanilla private servers out there. If RP is what you want, then the custom content and current popularity of turtle might be the wrong place. You can get those 100 friends of your who think like you and would follow you to the new turtle realm to a different realm for a test drive...

Pantheon

Post by Pantheon » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:41 pm

Friendz001 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:32 pm
Pantheon wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:23 pm

You are right about that, I also use MyRoleplay. Its not that I cant find other RPers.
I was just dreaming of playing on a quite and low-pop turtle server again, where every person matters,
wich is always the case for small communities.

I think my english just isnt good enough to properly articulate
what I try to say or what my wish was...

But since Torta said its not possible, well... Gonna have to live with it.
I think I understand your grievance. You are now missing the times when the server was small. Everyone was known and close. Player reputation and player infamy were more front and center. Now that the server grew, the TWoW you fell in love with now feels trampled and the community feels diluted.

May I suggest to you not to give up on this new TWoW. What you love is still there. Maybe not in the shape or form it was back when it was 100 - 200 people, but it exists.

Don't give up on the huge population explosion. You and your character still exist and matter in the TWoW community. Not everyone new to this server is from the PvP community that has you worried. I'm new, and once I gain a few more levels I fully intend on creating an RP story for my character, and taking part in the RP community.

Don't give up on the future of TWoW's RP, there's just a lot more people here now to hear your characters story.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:45 pm

Shamma wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:36 pm
Pantheon wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:41 pm
The OP is looking for an environment that does not exist, and certainly not on Turtle WoW. It is not a matter of whether there is enjoyable RP to be had, or that the game is itself enjoyable, since we can agree it is. It is that he wants a very specific environment that is not currently available and cannot be easily provided.

I think this thread has run its course, and while everyone's input has been helpful, supportive, and informative, the intended recipient is not looking to receive it.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:50 pm

Lots of us (I assume) are here because we miss an environment that existed and we lost. I would argue the server was created for that very reason. So losing an environment one likes is relatable. Feeling homesick when your home is in a way "destroyed" or at the very least changed can be disheartening.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:54 pm

Relatable, yes, but the flow of time is immutable and change is inevitable. We all find ways to cope with change, to try to enjoy what life has to offer in spite of things being different. You can never go home, they say. That does not mean that the new state of things is inherently bad or unsalvageable, however.

The key is not to become destructive with that coping mechanism, such as lashing out at those trying to help.

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:56 pm

Shamma wrote:
Well not really. There are barren vanilla private servers out there. If RP is what you want, then the custom content and current popularity of turtle might be the wrong place. You can get those 100 friends of your who think like you and would follow you to the new turtle realm to a different realm for a test drive...
Ok I didnt even have that information. I used to check for vanilla servers on dkp-minus, and TurtleWoW
was the only RP 1.12.1 server ive found back in the days, but thats years ago.
And no I dont have 100 friends here lol... I said that I have no problem when there is just 100-300 people on the server,
because thats how it used to be here for a long time, what Mac said :
This server went from a small, friendly, close-knit community to a big server full of thousands of unfriendly, hateful players who want nothing more to ruin the game for everyone else.
And its really true. I cant tell you how many plyaers ive met now on TWoW, that only try to make others mad.
Ofc thats normal on other servers, but it wasnt normal on Twow.
Now it kinda is, I guess.
Shamma wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:50 pm
Lots of us (I assume) are here because we miss an environment that existed and we lost. I would argue the server was created for that very reason. So losing an environment one likes is relatable. Feeling homesick when your home is in a way "destroyed" or at the very least changed can be disheartening.
Yes. Exactly. And I thought if we could get our own little realm it could be like this again.
But if its not possible its not possible.
Pantheon wrote:
I think I understand your grievance. You are now missing the times when the server was small. Everyone was known and close. Player reputation and player infamy were more front and center. Now that the server grew, the TWoW you fell in love with now feels trampled and the community feels diluted.

May I suggest to you not to give up on this new TWoW. What you love is still there. Maybe not in the shape or form it was back when it was 100 - 200 people, but it exists.

Don't give up on the huge population explosion. You and your character still exist and matter in the TWoW community. Not everyone new to this server is from the PvP community that has you worried. I'm new, and once I gain a few more levels I fully intend on creating an RP story for my character, and taking part in the RP community.

Don't give up on the future of TWoW's RP, there's just a lot more people here now to hear your characters story.
Yes. You worded that much better then I ever could.
To me TWoW means alot and little changes have a big impact on me.
And we had HUGE changes in super-short time.

Thats alot for a fragile person like me.

Pantheon

Post by Pantheon » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:13 am

Friendz001 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:56 pm
Shamma wrote:
Ok I didnt even have that information. I used to check for vanilla servers on dkp-minus, and TurtleWoW
was the only RP 1.12.1 server ive found back in the days, but thats years ago.
And no I dont have 100 friends here lol... I said that I have no problem when there is just 100-300 people on the server,
because thats how it used to be here for a long time, what Mac said :
This server went from a small, friendly, close-knit community to a big server full of thousands of unfriendly, hateful players who want nothing more to ruin the game for everyone else.
And its really true. I cant tell you how many plyaers ive met now on TWoW, that only try to make others mad.
Ofc thats normal on other servers, but it wasnt normal on Twow.
Now it kinda is, I guess.
Shamma wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:50 pm
Yes. Exactly. And I thought if we could get our own little realm it could be like this again.
But if its not possible its not possible.
Pantheon wrote:

Yes. You worded that much better then I ever could.
To me TWoW means alot and little changes have a big impact on me.
And we had HUGE changes in super-short time.

Thats alot for a fragile person like me.
If it's any consolation, I remember the times I did partake in RP on retail, with "FULL" servers, there is always an RP Community Hub. For me, as Horde, it was in Valley of Trials(?) just outside the Drag where Thrall resides on TWoW. There was a little Inn there the community congregated in.

In that area, I felt a close knit community feel. Everyone there mattered, familiar faces every day, the world outside ours didn't exist unless we wanted it to. My point is, outside of the RP events, which I'm sure at this point arent your concern, is you're not the only one who feels this way, and the community can exist in it's own bubble. Just a matter of either finding where they congregate, or setting a spot for them to.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:18 am

Is the whole guild housing thing not there for this reason - have a common ground to visit and hangout? I stumbled by accident on a guild house in duskwood - between the road and the shack of the embalmer. There were 4-5 ppl from the same guild there sitting by a fire and RPing. This was about a week ago. It was a nice sight. I was happy to find such a thing.

I guess it is more of a consolation prize thought. Definitely would feel different if the whole Stormwind City would play by the RP rules...
Last edited by Shamma on Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.