Unpopular opinion... or?

Kosmion

Unpopular opinion... or?

Post by Kosmion » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:58 am

Tbh I feel like the HCs are kinda ruining the lvling experience a little bit for the non HC-players simply due to the fact that they can't grp up, hindering ppl from getting quest mobs etc.

Haven't any good solution or anything to this, just a small rant I suppose lol.

Anyway, props to anyone who can level above like lvl10 without dying (I sure can't)

Phoenixphire

Re: Unpopular opinion... or?

Post by Phoenixphire » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:23 pm

You do realize it goes both ways right... lol we can't grp with you either so you hinder us from getting quest mobs too lol. It just kinda is what it is, the higher you go the less HC players you'll find it gets less annoying.

Mimmy

Post by Mimmy » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:12 pm

hardcore chars keep the lower leveling zones more populated

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:57 pm

It's a known problem. It would be nice if HC's and normals could at least team up for named mobs. Also, we have many players who can't communicate because they just don't speak english, which results in them seeming to be impolite.
Add this to not being able to team up at a bottleneck questmob, and it'S easy to see how the current situation can be annoying for both sides.

However, the problem with HC's kind of solves itself at higher levels turtle_tongue_head

Talenne

Post by Talenne » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:58 pm

Another way this could be remedied is perhaps making it that if one helps a hardcore fight a mob you could still get quest credit but not the XP because that mob is tagged but you're not completely wasting your time at least.

It used to bother me when I first started playing here but now I find myself liking to help hardcores out by healing them or fighting with them when it looks like they might have bit off more than they can chew, but I'm sure there's a good way to let them interact with non-HC's without needing to group with them.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 pm

Splitting your playerbase always harms a MMO, be it HC and normal, PvP and PvE.

Placing players into small bubbles and limiting their interaction has been nothing but devastating to the genre, and you can clearly observe it in modern titles.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:42 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 pm
Splitting your playerbase always harms a MMO, be it HC and normal, PvP and PvE.

Placing players into small bubbles and limiting their interaction has been nothing but devastating to the genre, and you can clearly observe it in modern titles.
Sure, that is why original WoW had two warring factions (Horde and Alliance) which could not cooperate at anything. Just think of the HCs/normal characters as the two competing factions on the server.

Kindredsoul

Post by Kindredsoul » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:00 am

I'm disappointed finding someone my level doing the same quest that can't join up but I'd rather that than too little people in zones.
Warcraft 2-3 player from childhood! maintenance_turtle
UD & Trolls are my jam. Taz Dingo mon