DoTs on enemy nameplates: ONLY my own

Kosmion

DoTs on enemy nameplates: ONLY my own

Post by Kosmion » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:32 pm

Any addon for displaying DoTs on enemy nameplates (only my own dots)? Im currently using shaguplates, but it doesnt seem to have an option to toggle other players dots off.

Any help is appreciated.
Cheers!

Rhissa

Re: DoTs on enemy nameplates: ONLY my own

Post by Rhissa » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:39 am

there currently isn't a way to detect if a debuff was cast by you with this version of the client

the only thing you could do is to work with Blacklist/Whitelist modifiers

Schwarzschild

Post by Schwarzschild » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:43 pm

Rhissa wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:39 am
there currently isn't a way to detect if a debuff was cast by you with this version of the client

Yes, the Debuff Bar built into PFUI has that function, but how do I define blacklists/whitelist? How does that work? Just typing in a spell name does NOT work, I tried that. There is absolutely NO documentation on that on the web... (just ElvUI, which is different).

Jfarinhote

Post by Jfarinhote » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:23 pm

Schwarzschild wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:43 pm
Rhissa wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:39 am

Yes, the Debuff Bar built into PFUI has that function, but how do I define blacklists/whitelist? How does that work? Just typing in a spell name does NOT work, I tried that. There is absolutely NO documentation on that on the web... (just ElvUI, which is different).
That is not the same thing as filtering only your own dots, that will filter out all dots from that category

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:28 pm

Probably this addon doesn't exist because it's impossible to add it to vanilla. The other thing which would work similar way is to have an addon that puts a timer of you DoT on your UI whenever you cast DoT on enemy. So at least you could track the time left for DoT to work. I'm not sure if this addon exists, I'm just throwing idea how it could work.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Bordar

Post by Bordar » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:45 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:28 pm
Probably this addon doesn't exist because it's impossible to add it to vanilla. The other thing which would work similar way is to have an addon that puts a timer of you DoT on your UI whenever you cast DoT on enemy. So at least you could track the time left for DoT to work. I'm not sure if this addon exists, I'm just throwing idea how it could work.
For vanilla client mobs with same name handle like one mob. Client can't recognize on which exact mob you cast something.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:09 pm

Bordar wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:45 pm
Zvyrhol wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:28 pm
For vanilla client mobs with same name handle like one mob. Client can't recognize on which exact mob you cast something.
Yes but at least timer would show you when to reapply DoT on one mob.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520