Paladins got a rework, Warriors deserve one too

Ninjerk

Re: Paladins got a rework, Warriors deserve one too

Post by Ninjerk » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:04 am

Jc473 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:48 pm
How about these ideas to make warriors better in PvP:

Taunt - Make it so this effects players. At minimum, what it if forced the player to target it you for 3 seconds? Furthering that, what if the player was forced to move towards you and auto attack you for the duration as well? I think this would be an interesting option for warriors in PvP. It would give the warrior more options and certainly encourage more prot warriors to PvP...

Spell Deflect - A baseline ability to increase the durability of all warriors. Smallish cooldown (15 seconds?) and requires a shield & defensive stance. To be clear, this would be similar to a grounding totem where it nulifies a spell completely. Perhaps this a deep prot talent (at least 21 points) could convert this into a 'Spell Reflect'.
Warhammer Age of Reckoning had an interesting taunt mechanic for RvR. I don't remember the specifics but the taunt target basically did reduced damage to the tank's party until either the debuff expired or they did a certain amount of attacks/damge but did full damage to the tank. That could be pretty difficult to code/script, but I always found the concept interesting (not sure how effective it actually was).

Manletow

Post by Manletow » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:55 am

Ninjerk wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:04 am
Warhammer Age of Reckoning had an interesting taunt mechanic for PvP.
The taunt target basically did reduced damage to the tank's party until either the debuff expired or they did a certain amount of attacks/damage but did full damage to the tank.
IMO the most important thing to buff Warrior in PVP is to give them Spell Reflect -- and as this requires Defensive (or Battle) stance it will be a buff to Prot warr in PVP.

But yeah Prot is so awful in PVP that it would be a cool idea to make Taunt apply a damage debuff to enemy player(s).
Then enemy players could not just simply/safely ignore the Prot War (like they do now).
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Galindae

Post by Galindae » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:31 pm

Ninjerk wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:04 am
Jc473 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:48 pm
How about these ideas to make warriors better in PvP:

Taunt - Make it so this effects players. At minimum, what it if forced the player to target it you for 3 seconds? Furthering that, what if the player was forced to move towards you and auto attack you for the duration as well? I think this would be an interesting option for warriors in PvP. It would give the warrior more options and certainly encourage more prot warriors to PvP...

Spell Deflect - A baseline ability to increase the durability of all warriors. Smallish cooldown (15 seconds?) and requires a shield & defensive stance. To be clear, this would be similar to a grounding totem where it nulifies a spell completely. Perhaps this a deep prot talent (at least 21 points) could convert this into a 'Spell Reflect'.
Warhammer Age of Reckoning had an interesting taunt mechanic for RvR. I don't remember the specifics but the taunt target basically did reduced damage to the tank's party until either the debuff expired or they did a certain amount of attacks/damge but did full damage to the tank. That could be pretty difficult to code/script, but I always found the concept interesting (not sure how effective it actually was).
taunt increased tanks damage to target, challange reduced targets damage (if we speak a bout ror) ror also has morale and tactic, guard mechanism. what lack wow pvp .just saying smiling_turtle_head
Last edited by Galindae on Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galindae

Post by Galindae » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:38 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:05 pm
Galindae wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:07 pm
just make on protection tree on block gain 1 rage
and revenge hit 2-3 aditional targets. (if tank need go full into offensive tree to have agro its mean something is wrong with prot tree).
dps for war is fine. (i have no idea why here for arms wars ask buff while in ather forum ask to nerf arms warriors because of speed from weapon if ppl ask buff pvp warr)
give proper taunt 8-10 feet to all tanks. (paladin included)
isnt that so hard to make tank life easer?
This is a PvP discussion. Arms warrior, and warrior in general is shit in PvP. That is the issue at hand. Nobody brought up tanking. At least stay on topic or make your own thread if you're going to make unrelated suggestions.
title says - Paladins got a rework, Warriors deserve one too. (title nothing says about pvp) wary_turtle_head
paladin got reworked prot and retri tree. (all those paladin ''taunt'' deep in prot) smiling_turtle_head
p.s maby than need call tread- why warrior sucks in pvp and paladin is too overpowered?- turtle_tongue_head

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:41 pm

Galindae wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:38 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
Galindae wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:07 pm
just make on protection tree on block gain 1 rage
and revenge hit 2-3 aditional targets. (if tank need go full into offensive tree to have agro its mean something is wrong with prot tree).
dps for war is fine. (i have no idea why here for arms wars ask buff while in ather forum ask to nerf arms warriors because of speed from weapon if ppl ask buff pvp warr)
give proper taunt 8-10 feet to all tanks. (paladin included)
isnt that so hard to make tank life easer?
This is a PvP discussion. Arms warrior, and warrior in general is shit in PvP. That is the issue at hand. Nobody brought up tanking. At least stay on topic or make your own thread if you're going to make unrelated suggestions.
title says - Paladins got a rework, Warriors deserve one too. (title nothing says about pvp) wary_turtle_head
paladin got reworked prot and retri tree. (all those paladin ''taunt'' deep in prot) smiling_turtle_head
p.s maby than need call tread- why warrior sucks in pvp and paladin is too overpowered?- turtle_tongue_head
Maybe read the post instead of demanding everything cater to your pitifully small attention span?
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Galindae

Post by Galindae » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:43 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:41 pm
Galindae wrote:
Bigsmerf wrote:

Maybe read the post instead of demanding everything cater to your pitifully small attention span?
turtle_tongue_head
byt y this is not pve tread so first warriors can be kitted , they need pvp trinket or racial to remove all cc. and u can also again be slowed down or cc ( no immunities to cc) because wow dont have such possibilities like flee + ap pot (or class slow down removal(blessing of freedom)) , has 2 x charges byt warr sacreface too much rage switching stances. so adding arms tree, charge can be used in combat byt dont need switch stances ( would be ideal).will help warriors. or he need friend paladin blessing of freedom for example.
second thought warr is so good because if that 2h wielder get in melle range u are dead. so u whant to cc that mosnter smiling_turtle_head
Last edited by Galindae on Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:46 pm

Galindae wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:43 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
Galindae wrote:

turtle_tongue_head
Not sure why I tried taking you seriously in the first place, but I guess I know not to now. Thanks.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Galindae

Post by Galindae » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:26 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:46 pm
Galindae wrote:
Bigsmerf wrote:

turtle_tongue_head
Not sure why I tried taking you seriously in the first place, but I guess I know not to now. Thanks.

like i said upper post if that moster start hit u are dead so u need cc him till he reach u. my mistake bringing here pve

Xanwow

Post by Xanwow » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:41 pm

Galindae wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:26 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
Galindae wrote:

turtle_tongue_head

like i said upper post if that moster start hit u are dead so u need cc him till he reach u. my mistake bringing here pve
It seems silly to show a non-turtle R14 warrior pvp compilation (mostly slapping around rank 7-12 people) to make a blanket statement about warrior pvp in twow.

A couple of twow pvp tournaments (and just devs spectating bloodring) will give a better sense of class balance on our server.

Galindae

Post by Galindae » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:34 pm

Xanwow wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:41 pm
Galindae wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:26 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:

It seems silly to show a non-turtle R14 warrior pvp compilation (mostly slapping around rank 7-12 people) to make a blanket statement about warrior pvp in twow.

A couple of twow pvp tournaments (and just devs spectating bloodring) will give a better sense of class balance on our server.
nice idea about pvp tournament smiling_turtle_head

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:33 am

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:01 pm

Second Wind or Victory Rush. I'd vote for Victory Rush.
A warrior needs skill to survive and to fight control, not just any skill.