LFG is BAD. Meeting Stones are PLACEHOLDERS. Dungeons have NO SCRIPTING.

Sapiverenus

LFG is BAD. Meeting Stones are PLACEHOLDERS. Dungeons have NO SCRIPTING.

Post by Sapiverenus » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:12 pm

Meeting Stones should be unique to each Dungeon (hence from differing origins), and have their own way of gathering players.

Example:

Ragefire Chasm
[Shaman's Meeting Stone]
"You bite your thumb and smear your blood on the stone" which a quest NPC may explain, or a mage/shaman may simply understand; when enough players are in the zone or adjacent zones there is a message "your blood rushes to your head and heart throbs; you get an impression of the Meeting Stone calling for you and others to gather" with conventional Tank, Healer, 3 DPS being the requirement and automatically determined based on the loose criteria of whether the class can heal, tank, or DPS (it's low level afterall).

[Scripting]
Ragefire Chasm could be a constant source of threat (as in-game lore) where periodically a group of troggs raid, or a siege by higher and higher level elites. Starting with 40x lvl 14 - 15 regular troggs, then a couple minutes later 30x lvl 18 - 19 regular troggs, 22x lvl 14 - 16 elite, 10x lvl 19 - 22 e., 5x lvl 28 - 33 e. ->>> then a couple minutes later, 50x lvl 25 - 28 regular troggs, 20x regular lvl 32 - 39, 7x lvl 35 - 36 e., 5x lvl 45 - 48 e., and 3x lvl 55 e.. There's a warning of 1 - 10 minutes for every siege, and NPCs always retreat and rally for support, with the weakest NPCs rallying when the siege begins, and the stronger NPCs returning to fight sooner.

Once the real baddies (the siege) is dealt with, there's always low level litter that retreat and return to raid supplies and hang out being a provocative nuisance. Hence why lowbies are sent to clean up and gain experience in the Vanilla WoW dungeon.
Loot table would be mostly level appropriate greens, gems or other shinies, some appropriate reagents such as Essence of Fire, and grey vendor trash. I haven't thought too much about it.

Cultists creep in every time? The chasm is deep, but if anyone knows an in-depth explanation for cultists being in such a dangerous place then let me know.

The opening of the chasm should be changed into a more defensive one. Some barricades, a guard should be there, and NPCs from the Valley of Wisdom should all rush over there once they recieve news of the siege. If the Valley of Wisdom NPCs are attacked such as by the Alliance during this time, they should run to one another for support while fighting back, and the alarm "Orgrimmar is Under Attack!" should bring all the guards out of the Valley of Honor.

Once the Siege actually starts, "Ragefire Chasm is laying siege to Orgrimmar!" should pop up. Players with their blood in the Meeting Stone should be called if they're within 1 zone distance from Durotar via NPC Script assigned to the Guard or someone in the Cleft -- Same message as a regular Meeting Stone call, but works with players of every level.

That's my 2 cents.
Hostiles raiding from Dungeons; Unique Meeting Stones no LFG
Class Leveling Mechanics
Big and Deep Ideas
Darker Nights Ideas

Challenge to anyone reading:Think of what a good 100 hour level 1 - 20 custom experience would be.

Sapiverenus

Re: LFG is BAD. Meeting Stones are PLACEHOLDERS. Dungeons have NO SCRIPTING.

Post by Sapiverenus » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:46 pm

There's no reason for people to dungeon at lower levels right now. It's a leveling and gearing gimmick to people.
XP gain and gearing is incredibly easy right now. Greens drop often, quests offer great leveling gear, and people are pretty anti-social anti-immersion memers that don't really care about playing an RPG.

Will the Turtle devs make this an RPG server?

XP rates .5x for everyone, greens rare, whites only dropped by humanoids and more often than not not an upgrade; and a more thorough overhaul and Vision?

Dynamic threat? Reactive combat? Bigger aggro and pull radius? More realistic and engaging AI? More mechanics? Leveling focus? Like, an entire game for level 1 - 60?
Class Leveling Mechanics
Big and Deep Ideas
Darker Nights Ideas

Challenge to anyone reading:Think of what a good 100 hour level 1 - 20 custom experience would be.

Venytas

Post by Venytas » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:22 am

Changing aggro range could be possible but it would mess with the mob placement of this entire game. the devs wont put in so much efford for so "little" gain I think

Sapiverenus

Post by Sapiverenus » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:42 am

Moving mobs is easy with a good editor. Some content should just be more difficult though.
Class Leveling Mechanics
Big and Deep Ideas
Darker Nights Ideas

Gnomoerectus

Post by Gnomoerectus » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:09 am

At this point I'm genuinely curious: instead of asking the devs to completely overhaul how the game works to suit your personal tastes have you ever considered starting your own server?

Sapiverenus

Post by Sapiverenus » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:18 pm

Gnomoerectus wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:09 am
At this point I'm genuinely curious: instead of asking the devs to completely overhaul how the game works to suit your personal tastes have you ever considered starting your own server?
If they're not tastes shared by you, could you explain why?
Class Leveling Mechanics
Big and Deep Ideas
Darker Nights Ideas

B3tabob

Post by B3tabob » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:38 pm

Sapiverenus wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:18 pm
Gnomoerectus wrote:
While I do believe the devs would appreciate the creative effort of this post, if this is your honest opinion and would like for these changes to be implemented on a vanilla wow server, you should probably play another rpg. Some single player titles are very immersive and include similar things to what you have described

Sapiverenus

Post by Sapiverenus » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:35 am

B3tabob wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:38 pm
Sapiverenus wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:18 pm
Gnomoerectus wrote:
While I do believe the devs would appreciate the creative effort of this post, if this is your honest opinion and would like for these changes to be implemented on a vanilla wow server, you should probably play another rpg. Some single player titles are very immersive and include similar things to what you have described
The point is that it's an MMO though: players affect the outcome of events in the world, and affect one another.

EDIT: These idea lend themself to the MMO and RPG genre. You are in a 'World' with others. Hence MMORPG. I am not sure what people find unrealistic about any of this; scripting is common and with a good editor very easy to do. It boils down to stuff like Timer, Trigger, Pathing, if/else[break], and the already existing Combat AI and whatever changes to Threat one wants to make.
If basic functions like these didn't already exist, WoW devs would have struggled to get anything released. Since it's a large mod community I assume the tools are pretty good.
Class Leveling Mechanics
Big and Deep Ideas
Darker Nights Ideas

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:15 am

"The point is that it's an MMO though: players affect the outcome of events in the world, and affect one another."

This isnt rly true for vanilla. Blizzards only first attempts at this was the tower objectives in Eastern Pestland.

You got Greta ideas but it's too much change for this game imo.

But I do agree on one thing you suggested, that is turn down drop rates for greens especially recipes!

Sapiverenus

Post by Sapiverenus » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:29 am

Geojak wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:15 am
"The point is that it's an MMO though: players affect the outcome of events in the world, and affect one another."

This isnt rly true for vanilla. Blizzards only first attempts at this was the tower objectives in Eastern Pestland.

You got Greta ideas but it's too much change for this game imo.

But I do agree on one thing you suggested, that is turn down drop rates for greens especially recipes!
It's not much to implement.
Green and recipe drops definitely a quick fix lol that is BIG and game breaking. Professions need to be useful and necessary for leveling.
Class Leveling Mechanics
Big and Deep Ideas
Darker Nights Ideas