Factions WPvP unbalance solution

Olgert

Factions WPvP unbalance solution

Post by Olgert » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:40 am

My suggest is to implement FFA system to an already existing outlaw system. Let's take me as an example. I really do like playing High/Blood elves, I really do not like being a part of Alliance, I can become an outlaw, by killing friendly NPC of Alliance or Horde, but that will only change my title and that's all.

So why dont make that when you get the title "HAVE FUN AND BE EVIL" you become enemy of Horde and Alliance, that will create some sort of third faction of villains and would balance Horde and Alliance powers in WPvP. Also that will boost RP possibilities.

It would take some time to become friendly with your faction again, if you dont kill faction NPC or players. Also it will make bounty hunting more logic.

From the lore side I also dont see any problems. There is villains from both faction hiding_smth_turtle

Summarizing: I just wanna have possibility to kill Alliance players while being an Elve as well as killing a Horde players.

Aszura

Re: Factions WPvP unbalance solution

Post by Aszura » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:02 pm

i think the best solution for wpvp or pvp in general, is joining a PVP server and not a RP/PVE server

Venytas

Post by Venytas » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:35 pm

Aszura wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:02 pm
i think the best solution for wpvp or pvp in general, is joining a PVP server and not a RP/PVE server

Stop gatekeeping!

Human beings with a working brain would understand that twow is extremly unique and ppl of all sorts want to play here.

Thol

Post by Thol » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:37 pm

Aszura wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:02 pm
Nice gatekeeping Azsura, you can't blame PVP players for joining Turtle WoW after War Mode was added. Some players like me enjoy RP-PVP as well. I would have been fine with a strictly RP-PVE server but War Mode was already available when I joined this server, I wouldn't have asked for it myself but I think WPvP can be fun and immersive if done right. It's still a PvE-RP server as you said and I agree that PvP shouldn't affect PvE only players.
(I'm once again asking for the removal of XP bonus from War Mode smiling_turtle_head )
Olgert wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:40 am
I really do like playing High/Blood elves, I really do not like being a part of Alliance, I can become an outlaw, by killing friendly NPC of Alliance or Horde, but that will only change my title and that's all.
For you High Elves are naturally Horde since it's like that in retail but if you play Warcraft II and III you will understand that High Elves had always been a core part of the alliance until TBC. And yes Garithos was a prick to Kael'Thas which made him join the Burning Legion, but it was just one racist human who didn't represent the whole Alliance views at all.

You can definitely RP as a Blood Elf though (skin is available in the shop) and I agree with your outlaw system, it was suggested in another thread already, build upon the dishonorable ranks and allow a ganker to ultimately become hostile to their own faction. You couldn't enter alliance cities anymore but you could kill alliance players and there should be outlaw camps or even cities (dalaran sewers?)

Venytas

Post by Venytas » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:57 pm

Thol wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:37 pm

For you High Elves are naturally Horde since it's like that in retail but if you play Warcraft II and III you will understand that High Elves had always been a core part of the alliance until TBC. And yes Garithos was a prick to Kael'Thas which made him join the Burning Legion, but it was just one racist human who didn't represent the whole Alliance views at all.

Wasnt Garithos mind controlled or something like that?

I think it would be cool if for excample a human player could be so cruel towards the alliance that he begins to receiv reputation for the horde faction making him a part of the horde and vice versa. This would be SO COOL for the character developement and arcs of PCs. Imagin you sit in OG and some human player just chills next to thrall, this guy would be a badass or a honored orc entering stormwind without being interupted by the guards, so many oppurtunities

Making a third "outlaw" faction will be bad because all the PvP players would be in one faction and everyone else will get owned by them constantly.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:07 pm

I would hardly call sending the Elves to the front to act as meatshields for the Humans "Being a prick to Kael'Thas"

The LEADER of the Alliance of Lordaeron was willing to sacrifice the Elven Troops and that was (Rightfully) enough for them to piss off and save their own skin.

And yes, he was Mind controlled... AFTER the Blood Elves left.

Thol

Post by Thol » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:43 pm

Karrados wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:07 pm
I would hardly call sending the Elves to the front to act as meatshields for the Humans "Being a prick to Kael'Thas"

The LEADER of the Alliance of Lordaeron was willing to sacrifice the Elven Troops and that was (Rightfully) enough for them to piss off and save their own skin.

Alright, now tell me how allying with the Forsaken makes more sense. The scourge led by Arthas just destroyed Silvermoon a few years prior. You don't associate every Forsaken with Arthas like you associate every Humans with Garithos? I know Forsaken =! Scourge but they look the same to most people.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:54 pm

Thol wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:43 pm
Karrados wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:07 pm

Alright, now tell me how allying with the Forsaken makes more sense. The scourge led by Arthas just destroyed Silvermoon a few years prior. You don't associate every Forsaken with Arthas like you associate every Humans with Garithos? I know Forsaken =! Scourge but they look the same to most people.
The difference is that the Scourge was literally controlled by Arthas / The Lich King vs The Alliance Leader WILLINGLY screwing over the Elves.

They actually show the whole Alliance process rather well in the Ghostland questing hub, at least once you finish it.

Edit: To add to this: Due to the events of Warcraft 3 it would have made the most sense to split the Elves into Neutral groups of High Elves and Blood Elves for the Alliance and the Horde respectively.

Olgert

Post by Olgert » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:00 pm

I know that High elves are part of Alliance, I love that turtle is based on WC3, which is my fav game. All I want to say, that I want to PvP RP as a Death Knight High Elf that serves to the Lich King and kills the living ones.

This server is RP focused as some pve dummy beater said, so pls give us the possibilities to PvP RP.