Line Between WPVP and Griefing

Darkpirox

Line Between WPVP and Griefing

Post by Darkpirox » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:06 pm

Hello, i would like a mod to tell me where does the line between world pvp and griefing to a point someone can't play the game stands.

This morning i tried to lvl up a bit and a lvl 10 twink killed me couple times, no big deal, after all i am the one with Warmode enabled. During my launch break i tried to relax and play a bit more and to my not so much of a surprise, the nolifer was still in the same spot camping me+another friend lvl 19.

While i do understand that it is my choice to play on warmode and regardles of what i consider or not propper behavior, i would like to know if this is normal and allowed, quite literally i cannot play the game because of this. And no i do not think making a new character without warmode on is a solution. time-whise or just due to the fact i actually enjoy ocasionally facing someone in somewhat equal conditions.

Long story short, there is a line, like there was once upon a time, where this behavior is considered griefing? and if so i would be more than happy to stream and get footage on those individuals so i can report them.

Bellybutton

Re: Line Between WPVP and Griefing

Post by Bellybutton » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:30 pm

I think the GMs should investigate into the twinks that are camping/farming level 10-20 zones. I've seen hardcores complain that they're exploiting some sort of grenade to flag non-flagged players.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Drezzy95

Post by Drezzy95 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:23 pm

I don't understand people who activate the warmode and cry about being killed, it's incomprehensible.
(if you talk about the guild "Defias BlackGuard" in Elwyn Forest I played the RP he also killed me and he left me alone)

Darkpirox

Post by Darkpirox » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:17 pm

First off, if you bothered reading properly (assuming that you can) you would see i am not complaining since i fully know what i can get into when i play warmode.
What i am doing is merely asking if this is allowed since in my case it wasnt once. I literally couldnt play for the entire time i had available to play, they killed me multiple times on different time frames, And i think it is just reasonable wanting to know since i have been in other servers/retail wow and whatnot, all of them had a policy about this stating that if this happens repeatedly and i can doccument it it is griefing and goes against the terms. If it turns out this is how it is i will just make the decision of making another toon or simply not playing. But in no case i am crying like you claim. I am simply asking how this situation goes and how to move forward. On my other toon i have been killed multiple times in the open and i had no issue whatsoever. This is just parking a toon for the whole day to literally spawn kill on sight a player. Pretty sure that wouldnt be fun if it happened to you aint it?

Thol

Post by Thol » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:48 am

The official rules are:
The following activities are strictly forbidden:
  • Farming quest givers, important quest objectives and important NPC's for long periods of time and blocking other players from accepting or turning in quests.
  • Harassing a player by following them around / camping them for a long period of time and tagging mobs they need to kill for a quest or tricking them into getting flagged for PvP without their intent.
If you're being camped and/or prevented to complete any quests you can DM Tinyfin with visual proof (videos or screenshots)

Darkpirox

Post by Darkpirox » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:34 am

Thanks a lot, shall do if i see it happening again