[Rogue] Small but big…

Sinrek

[Rogue] Small but big…

Post by Sinrek » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:40 am

Most classes are useful since level 1 and until the very end of the levelling process. Tanks, healers and some pure DPS classes contribute way much better than a rogue. Until about level 25 (if you count some stray locked chests in the instances) at BFD or even further at level 38-42 yet again with some mere lockpicking skills (hi there, Khadgar's Unlocking!).

Besides pure DPS rogues bring almost nothing for the teamplay.

I'd like to suggest we get Distract learnt at level 12 and Detect Traps at level 14.
That's a small part.

Sap.
I suggest this skill be useful by default with the following changes;

At level 10 Sap (Rank 1) should have a 50% chance to let rogue stay in Stealth.
At level 28 Sap (Rank 2) should have a 70% chance to let rogue stay in Stealth.
At level 48 Sap (Rank 3) should have a 95% chance to let rogue stay in Stealth.
Also, this shouldn't put a rogue into the combat state.

– Hey, that's a talented version!!
– True, it is, however, there's little reason to waste (I'll explain this a bit later) 3 talent points for a chance to have 1 mob controlled for about half a minute at minimum level 29, which, let's be real here, a rare rogue would go for since there are much more useful talents out there.

What should those Sap talents provide is a debuff lasting as long as the rank of Sap itself after it was broken and either restore additional 5 energy per Combo Point used on the target or slow movement and casting speed of the target for 5/10/20% with each talent invested.

Why are these 3 talent points look wasted? First of all; way too deep into Subtlety, requires 3 talent points, and brings nothing for the group but a single unit CC'ed for a short duration. Most of the time Sap is just ignored by players altogether since its usefulness is that bad. Puts a rogue at much more risk, and might cost a corpse run to the whole group, which sometimes isn't even an option to consider … Hardcore moment.

One last but not least – Manual of Improved Sap IV. Classes: Rogue. Requires level 55. Teaches you Sap (Rank 4). Incapacitates the target for up to 55 sec. Rogue must be stealthed. Any damage caused will revive the target. Only 1 target may be sapped at a time. Rogue gains a 100% chance to stay in Stealth after using this ability.

Now, if you feel like you support this idea, feel free to do so with your comments below. I'm open to suggestions.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Gantulga

Re: [Rogue] Small but big…

Post by Gantulga » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:57 am

Honestly, sap just should be improved to 100% by default and the talent replaced with something else, there's a myriad of options for that. The heartbeat mechanic is also pretty idiotic in PvE because you can't re-sap while a mage can just polymorph again.

I was also disappointed to see that the new "tank" rogue skills were unlocked at level 60. That's just wasted potential.

Feomatar

Re: [Rogue] Small but big…

Post by Feomatar » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:19 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:57 am
Honestly, sap just should be improved to 100% by default and the talent replaced with something else, there's a myriad of options for that. The heartbeat mechanic is also pretty idiotic in PvE because you can't re-sap while a mage can just polymorph again.

I was also disappointed to see that the new "tank" rogue skills were unlocked at level 60. That's just wasted potential.
Yep, rogues get nothing in class patch.