[RP] a Neutral Capital City

Striderbrah

[RP] a Neutral Capital City

Post by Striderbrah » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:14 pm

since the realm is cross-faction, and there are ambassadors,
it would be nice if there were a city usable by both Horde/Alliance which had all profession trainers, class trainers, auctioneer and bank, near to the key raids.
Booty Bay would be nice but it lacks a lot of the trainers.

An active place where everyone could go and RP inbetween raids and quests, flight paths.
Thank you for reading

Kanto123

Re: [RP] a Neutral Capital City

Post by Kanto123 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:30 pm

I'd like it if they simply expanded booty bay, giving it more levels/platforms/buildings etc so that it can be used in the way you're describing. It's already a nice little hub that both factions use, so expanding it would be appreciated

Striderbrah

Post by Striderbrah » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:04 am

I think with the influx of more PVP'rs it would be nice to re-inforce or create a new space where all players who want to ROLEPLAY can do so.
Blizzard failed to do cross-faction completely in a manner, and although in the past, places like Goldshire would work, it's Alliance territory, has guards etc.

Striderbrah

Post by Striderbrah » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:07 am

I think also what makes cities in WoW important is the incentive to go there. Orgrimmar has everything you would need and so people all gather there. If a NEUTRAL place had what Orgrimmar had, and had the INCENTIVE of having neutral guards/ RP-able and such, it would make for a great addition to the game.

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:43 am

What would the city be? Where would it be?

Furinkazan

Post by Furinkazan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:52 am

Dalaran.

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:58 am

Does Dalaran make sense as a neutral city on Turtle WoW? On live the excuse is blood elves are Horde and managed to talk Dalran into acceptibg the Horde, but that isn’t the case here. All the Dalaran NPCs in game are currently hostile to Horde, and there are Horde quests to kill Dalaran people.

Furinkazan

Post by Furinkazan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:03 am

Booty Bay then.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:55 pm

Goblin towns?
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Aszura

Post by Aszura » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:30 pm

how can booty bay or any goblin town be a RP crossfaction hub, if some people have Bloodsail rep and are hostile with all goblins? like me :(

Drezzy95

Post by Drezzy95 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:42 pm

Kanto123 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:30 pm
I'd like it if they simply expanded booty bay, giving it more levels/platforms/buildings etc so that it can be used in the way you're describing. It's already a nice little hub that both factions use, so expanding it would be appreciated
+1

Striderbrah

Post by Striderbrah » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:18 pm

There are plenty of unused rooms in Booty Bay and places for more class trainers and NPC types to stand, it seems like the easiest option, just give more reason to go/hearth there. Dalaran is an ok idea, but sort of expected.
The Horde/Alliance intersect nicely in Hillsbrad and Arathi, putting maybe a NEUTRAL Bandit/Rogue castle near the ARATHI-WETLANDS bridge would be cool, put a flight path and trainers, banks, auctioneers etc. over there like a Black Market, a sleazy town with attackable NPCs like Gamon.

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:35 am

Do we rly need this? I never liked shattrsh or dalaran. Faction City should be separated imo

Hombrehongo

Post by Hombrehongo » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:01 am

Yeah I created a post for that already but not a lot of people cared. I think it would be great since the portal to STV is gone and now the factions feel more separeted, specially for HCs to meet up. In my post I suggested a couple of locations that make sense with W3 lore.