Armored Azure Drake and other dragons...

Dean

Re: Armored Azure Drake and other dragons...

Post by Dean » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:31 am

Torta wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:56 pm
The HC mount riding requirement will most likely be removed on the next server update :) Those who couldn't add the mount to their collection due to not having enough gold will be able to place it in their spellbooks.
Thank you for letting us know.

It seems people are not clear on what can be a choice for a new mount and what can’t, is it possible for you to create a new thread with a poll that lists all the available mounts you can give us right now and lets us have the final say?

Qvberzelt

Post by Qvberzelt » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:03 am

Dean wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:31 am
Torta wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:56 pm
The HC mount riding requirement will most likely be removed on the next server update :) Those who couldn't add the mount to their collection due to not having enough gold will be able to place it in their spellbooks.
Thank you for letting us know.

It seems people are not clear on what can be a choice for a new mount and what can’t, is it possible for you to create a new thread with a poll that lists all the available mounts you can give us right now and lets us have the final say?
-Riding Turtle, is a free mount at lvl20 with DMF
-Every single TurtleWoW in the shop scale with your actual speed or it scale your Riding skill ( at lvl40 then lvl60, it works the same thing with the Riding Turtle, if you have paid for riding skill)
-Mount dropped in Dungeons
Officials mount need the riding skill as usual, otherwise Twow's content scales with your actual movespeed or/and riding skill.
Characters: Shendelzare - Agnishikha

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:05 am

Dean wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:31 am
A poll would be really great. You could comb through this thread, collect the ideas that are doable, and then let people vote on which one they want.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:37 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:12 am
Jamey wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:43 pm
The reality is that while the emulation and mod-community are very active in later expansions, most notably Wrath of the Lich King, this is untrue for Vanilla. The client has undergone a lot of changes between these two versions of the game and thus a lot of tools that are public are simply useless to us. Meaning we have to develop them ourselves or modify them to fit our needs and even this is sometimes not feasible. We're no short in the department of talent for modeling but if you combine this requirement with knowledge of Vanilla game formats you start to get into a very niche speciality.
Then, might I recommend… switch over to a Wrath backend.

Yes, I know that's "goes against" what Turtle WoW stands for, what with the "no x-packs" thing, but honestly? If it opens up a world of modification and makes things easier for literally everyone involved – be it game devs, AddOn authors, or mod makers – then why not do it?

Modify the 3.x maps back to their v1.12 / TW 1.16 states, revert player / class rules (ammo / pet food / mana for Hunters, et cetera), re-instate certain abilities / spells / limitations, disable Death Knights, Blood Elves, and Argus Draenei, and have a jolly ol' time with all your brand new tools. It may be a lot of work, but given what you people have managed with a 1.12 backend, I'm pretty sure you'd be up for the task.

Or. You can keep using the 1.12 backend and keep making excuses because "the tools aren't there". 👍
Calkey wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:08 am
Why isn't there a poll vote with a list of viable and most suggested mounts by the community?
Because, "the tools aren't there" to import / backport half of them. Natch.

This has been and continues to be discussed by the team. It’ll take a LOT of time. Not everybody would be open to months of no content just for a new client.

Believe me, if it’s as simple as “just do it then everything is easier!” — it would’ve been done already.

Now, to address the rest of the thread: We are discussing this topic internally and are listening. Please remember not to attack anyone, I understand passion, but toxicity gets us nowhere <3
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Haddu

Post by Haddu » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:22 pm

Will the mount be account wide or only for that Character?
Same question about the title.

Sry if this is already old news but I just downloaded and wondering if I should go Hardcore directly.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:09 pm

Haddu wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:22 pm
Will the mount be account wide or only for that Character?
Same question about the title.

Sry if this is already old news but I just downloaded and wondering if I should go Hardcore directly.
Mounts and titles are character-unique. If you want Immortal on multiple characters, you'll have to level them up individually.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:59 pm

hardcores make leveling 1-20 a pain in the ass and people should be DISCOURAGED from playing this mode

Stoogeville

Post by Stoogeville » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:18 am

Jamey wrote:
Stoogeville wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:38 pm
Torta wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:01 am

Pretty hard. We do not have a modeler on the team. Finding a 3D modeler is easy, but finding someone who can work with ancient formats from 2004 is nearly impossible. Everyone who tried just got too frustrated and demotivated over convertation issues they had to face.
Where have you looked? I'm guessing you've tried the Noggit discord, and the community itself - but what about more obscure places, like the HIVE Workshop, or archaic modding sites like Moddb? Or broader-reaching places, like WoW subreddits, or the forums of popular sites for WoW tools and databases? I know this is probably saying the obvious, but there would have to be a few places unchecked.
In more places than anyone could phantom. The reality is that while the emulation and mod-community are very active in later expansions, most notably Wrath of the Lich King, this is untrue for Vanilla. The client has undergone a lot of changes between these two versions of the game and thus a lot of tools that are public are simply useless to us. Meaning we have to develop them ourselves or modify them to fit our needs and even this is sometimes not feasible. We're no short in the department of talent for modeling but if you combine this requirement with knowledge of Vanilla game formats you start to get into a very niche speciality.

Regardless, we appreciate your feedback and your willingness to think alongside us.
I always do, mann! Trust that I always do. I'm just not very good at voicing it, as much as I am at being a grumpy old bastard. Lord knows, I fuck with the prune juice too hard for my own good.

Maybe it would help to be all technical and specific, with the community, about just what challenges vanilla modeling takes? This would bring more visibility to people who *aren't* niche skilled, but might consider skilling up if there's less mystery as to what it takes. If you've already done so, I apologise - but perhaps it could be made even -more- visible! Something as simple as a Google doc with a technical breakdown could be linked in an annoucement (and once again, if you've done something like this, I apologise. Just an off-the-cuff suggestion).

Hell, I still do my modeling in a copy of Lightwave 10. It's not downright ancient, but god, if anybody knows that name I bet it'll give them a chuckle. Us cavemodellers are still out there!

Gerdyus

Post by Gerdyus » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:18 am

Akalix wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:37 pm
Jolikmc wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:12 am
Jamey wrote:
The reality is that while the emulation and mod-community are very active in later expansions, most notably Wrath of the Lich King, this is untrue for Vanilla. The client has undergone a lot of changes between these two versions of the game and thus a lot of tools that are public are simply useless to us. Meaning we have to develop them ourselves or modify them to fit our needs and even this is sometimes not feasible. We're no short in the department of talent for modeling but if you combine this requirement with knowledge of Vanilla game formats you start to get into a very niche speciality.
Then, might I recommend… switch over to a Wrath backend.

Yes, I know that's "goes against" what Turtle WoW stands for, what with the "no x-packs" thing, but honestly? If it opens up a world of modification and makes things easier for literally everyone involved – be it game devs, AddOn authors, or mod makers – then why not do it?

Modify the 3.x maps back to their v1.12 / TW 1.16 states, revert player / class rules (ammo / pet food / mana for Hunters, et cetera), re-instate certain abilities / spells / limitations, disable Death Knights, Blood Elves, and Argus Draenei, and have a jolly ol' time with all your brand new tools. It may be a lot of work, but given what you people have managed with a 1.12 backend, I'm pretty sure you'd be up for the task.

Or. You can keep using the 1.12 backend and keep making excuses because "the tools aren't there". 👍
Calkey wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:08 am
Why isn't there a poll vote with a list of viable and most suggested mounts by the community?
Because, "the tools aren't there" to import / backport half of them. Natch.

This has been and continues to be discussed by the team. It’ll take a LOT of time. Not everybody would be open to months of no content just for a new client.

Believe me, if it’s as simple as “just do it then everything is easier!” — it would’ve been done already.

Now, to address the rest of the thread: We are discussing this topic internally and are listening. Please remember not to attack anyone, I understand passion, but toxicity gets us nowhere <3
It is nice to hear that its being considered though. IMO if Twow made the announcement they were switching to the modern client I think it would receive the same positive feedback that the class changes initially did. Although I have no idea about the technical difficulties I imagine it would speed along future content because of updated tools.

Thanks for being on the community forums!

Drezzy95

Post by Drezzy95 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:38 pm

It should move to the modern client to have less restriction and have more choices for content creation in the future.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:42 pm

Torta wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:20 am
Dear players, your opinions have not been ignored: we checked them all and the majority of suggested mounts are impossible to port in the Vanilla client: they're from too later expansions and use totally different formats, or look entirely out of place due to the quality of their models.

We tried porting down some spectral mounts from Cataclysm+, but those simply didn't work.

We couldn't let players keep dragons: seeing so many people on them walking in Stormwind, Orgrimmar, or other cities, totally blocking the view and covering the entire area just didn't feel right.

We had our minds between Warp Stalker, Talbuk, and Kharazan Horse, yet decided that Horse, yet it looks quite unique and "hardcore", is the least lore-breaking. Why would a Mysterious Stranger give you a Talbuk (those aren't even present in our timeline yet)? For Warp Stalkers we got other plans for the future.

For the CoT reward mount: we will probably remove this from the reputation rewards as well, I'm sorry. It was a bad decision to introduce dragons in Vanilla and we would like to fix it before the more harm is done.

I'm sorry that you're upset about the horse mount.
Is it possible for you to modify existing mounts and make them "Spectral"? Like take a mount, make it transparent and give it a spectral glow or something.

Oolaatris

Post by Oolaatris » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:46 pm

I overall agree with the idea of the drake being too big and immersion breaking, I personally was already using it less and less as it feels very immersion breaking (and didn't use it at all for any RP event I went to because it was immersion breaking). I really like the idea of a spectral mount that's been given earlier. My troll does look strange on a horse and I'm not a fan of the stink cloud the horse makes. If a spectral mount is not possible, I'd be happier with a recolor of the horse we've been given, if that stink cloud could look more like it was some sort of magic or mystical cloud it would feel a lot cooler than feeling like my troll is stinking up any place she goes.

Papum

Post by Papum » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:19 pm

Spectral Tiger from the TCG ?

Kweh

Post by Kweh » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:43 pm

For what my opinion is worth. I can see why folks are upset about drake being removed, I also love the Kara mount, perhaps not on a Tauren >_> But it is what it is. My suggestion would be to perhaps add one more mount, make it a quest from the Mysterious Stranger once you've become Immortal.. a choice between 3 mounts, all very different, and let the individual choose what mount suits them. As for drakes, I'd much prefer the Experiment 12-b from Cata. Its more flashy than the Twilight Drake, slightly less common to see, is same model as Rends mount which feels original WoWish in my opinion, and seems to look like same graphics as any other drake from that era. Thanks for hearing reply.

Drezzy95

Post by Drezzy95 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:02 pm

I don't think they will change anything, just waiting for people to forget and accept the current mount.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:34 am

We're going to introduce some voting options soon, please stay patient.

Torta

Vote for new Hardcore Challenge mount reward

Post by Torta » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:59 am

Greetings!

This is a continuation of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3472

We apologize that it took so long to initiate a voting on this matter, we've been quite busy with post-release issues of our recent patch.

Please, keep in mind, that the majority of suggested mounts are technically either impossible or very hard to port to the Vanilla client, but we've picked a few of the suggestions and now are asking you to decide which of those you'd like to keep as a Hardcore Challenge reward!

Immortal Champion's Charger (current mount)

Mysterious Warp Stalker

Brave Adventurer's Talbuk

Thank you!

Magiccwater

Re: Vote for new Hardcore Challenge mount reward

Post by Magiccwater » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:13 am

The Brave Adventurer's Talbuk is so cool! I hope it wins!

Excylis

Post by Excylis » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:17 am

I'd love to see the warp stalker, it really stands out

Adios

Post by Adios » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:19 am

Warp Stalker looks out of place IMO, all options are mediocre at best :\

Sivent

Post by Sivent » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:25 am

I think the Immortal Champion's Charger is the best, it's really cool and the name is very appropriate.

Notawen

Post by Notawen » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:26 am

We have winged mounts in the donation shop. Are those not immersion breaking? Just restore the Nether Drake.
Keeping yourself alive just to get a horse, a lizard or a goat is disappointing.

Excylis

Post by Excylis » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:31 am

Notawen wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:26 am
We have winged mounts in the donation shop. Are those not immersion breaking? Just restore the Nether Drake.
This is true. I'd be happy to see it come back.

Nerasw

Post by Nerasw » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:06 am

Nothing close to immortal theme beside the name
The goal is to stay alive not to become undead knight or outland stalker or "wtf another outland mount" that is cool to get (1st time at tbc) but what lore behind this (except another boom it happens just cuz some magic collapse or portal and some other irrelevant stuff blizz did everytime to sell new mount/pet/etc?

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:35 am

Nerasw wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:06 am
The goal is to stay alive not to become undead knight or outland stalker or "wtf another outland mount" that is cool to get (1st time at tbc) but what lore behind this (except another boom it happens just cuz some magic collapse or portal and some other irrelevant stuff blizz did everytime to sell new mount/pet/etc?
The current mount is absolutely related to Karazhan and Mysterious Stranger lore and one of our world bosses: Dark Reaver of Karazhan. However, its appearance received a lot of criticism.

It may not be clear just yet but it'll be explained in the future quest chains.

At another hand, Azure Drake has been a random pick, we didn't give it any thought back then.

Uleifr

Post by Uleifr » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:42 am

I don't understand all the hassle. Winged mounts that don't fly, winged mounts that are immersion-breaking to vanilla? Aren't TBC mounts immersion-breaking as well? What non-custom mount isn't immersion breaking? What about the mounts on the shop? And as Nerasw already said, why are the mounts detached from the lore of the hc mentality if almost everything on Turtle is usually so lore-driven (which in my opinion is a good thing)? In the end the title seems currently the best reward one gets for the challenge even though an epic mount that is woven into the lore would make it so much better.

Magina

Post by Magina » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:47 am

Anything but that freaking horse
take me to tirisfal uplands

Versidue

Post by Versidue » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:48 am

Torta wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:35 am
Nerasw wrote:
The current mount is absolutely related to Karazhan and Mysterious Stranger lore and one of our world bosses: Dark Reaver of Karazhan. However, its appearance received a lot of criticism.

At another hand, Azure Drake has been a random pick, we didn't give it any thought back then.
ooh, quest chains!! That's super exciting. Will immortal characters be able to do them, or will we have to level up another hardcore?

EDIT: Once again suggesting that people who made it to immortal before the dragon was removed have an option to be grandfathered back in!
Last edited by Versidue on Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skyshot - LVL 60 Immortal High Elf Hunter
Zennik - LVL 20+ Goblin Rogue
Starsoul - LVL 18+ Night Elf Priest
Dyrinn - Hardcore Dwarf Warrior

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:50 am

Versidue wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:48 am
Torta wrote:
Nerasw wrote:

ooh, quest chains!! That's super exciting. Will immortal character be able to do them, or will we have to level up another hardcore?
All Hardcores.

Versidue

Post by Versidue » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:51 am

Torta wrote:
All Hardcores.
Sweet :D
Skyshot - LVL 60 Immortal High Elf Hunter
Zennik - LVL 20+ Goblin Rogue
Starsoul - LVL 18+ Night Elf Priest
Dyrinn - Hardcore Dwarf Warrior

Xepug

Post by Xepug » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:56 am

I love the Warp Stalker, it's really cool
Xepug, The Wandering Brewmaster

Furinkazan

Post by Furinkazan » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:06 am

Uleifr wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:42 am
I don't understand all the hassle. Winged mounts that don't fly, winged mounts that are immersion-breaking to vanilla? Aren't TBC mounts immersion-breaking as well? What non-custom mount isn't immersion breaking? What about the mounts on the shop? And as Nerasw already said, why are the mounts detached from the lore of the hc mentality if almost everything on Turtle is usually so lore-driven (which in my opinion is a good thing)? In the end the title seems currently the best reward one gets for the challenge even though an epic mount that is woven into the lore would make it so much better.
+

Aszura

Post by Aszura » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:49 pm

i keep my suggestion to give 500 tokens so the player can choose whatever they want. But why 500 tokens? 1 skin + 1 mount + 1 companion = 400 tokens (200 with discount)
some mounts even cost 300 tokens, and the race change is 200 tokens, only that would equal 500 without discounts

The whole HC mount was quite the drama, and in my opinion, those new 3 options doesn't look quite good either, they would fit better as event/dungeon/raid/reputation rewards
(but i vote for warp stalker either way)

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:01 pm

I really don’t like any of them. The mount would be my choice if I had to. However my favourite mount of all time is the raven lord

Garotheon

Post by Garotheon » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:01 pm

i would like the Mysterious Warp Stalker but with the Red stripes like this one:

or would recomend the old invencible from WC3

old version