Plate/Mail-looking cloth gear

Aszura

Plate/Mail-looking cloth gear

Post by Aszura » Thu May 05, 2022 4:34 pm

Add plate/mail armor sets with cloth stat.

Could be added as simply RP/Transmog items on the transmog NPC with no stats or as normal gear you can buy or loot through the game with white, green, blue... and stats.

We already had this years back as the Templar set but got removed...

This will be nice for all players, specially roleplayers, would open more customizations for transmog and will give more freedom for RPers.

Qixel

Re: Plate/Mail-looking cloth gear

Post by Qixel » Thu May 05, 2022 7:43 pm

If they bring back the old transmog system, we wouldn't even need new items because we could just use existing ones. My priest was using the enchanted thorium set, for instance.

Geojak
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Geojak » Thu May 05, 2022 7:58 pm

For rp reasons I find priest transmog into plate gear unfitting

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Thu May 05, 2022 9:03 pm

This has been discussed before and it won't happen. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea either.

Aszura

Post by Aszura » Fri May 06, 2022 6:04 pm

As said, we already had plate set on cloth stat and there was no problem.
My suggestion is mostly for RP thou

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat May 07, 2022 12:12 pm

I support this.
What I also want to see is some shirt items that use the mail skins. They accidentally added one before when one of the mail chest pieces from a quest was temporarily a shirt item, and it looked really good in combination with plate/other mail items. Chainmail undershirts are also a real thing, so not like it’s farfetched or anything.

Allwynd01
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun May 08, 2022 7:10 pm

Jombo wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 9:03 pm
This has been discussed before and it won't happen. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea either.
What reasons? In Azeroth nobody can force someone to wear a specific armor unless they are an army soldier. Maybe evne army soldiers are given freedom to wear what they want even at the risk of making their lives more dangerous.

A priest can wear plate armor if they want, especially if they are somewhere near the frontlines and heal their allies, they may want to wear plate just so they don't get shot by projectiles like bullets or arrows. Who says that RP decrees that all casters must wear skirts or nightgowns? Besides, all heroes in the games are just adventurers that choose to help their faction so nobody can tell them what to wear or what not to wear.

Remember these Machinima videos and this one in particular?

If a Hunter is dense enough to want to hit things with his bow rather than use it to shoot arrows, all the power to him, it doesn't break anything RP.