Trying to get started, game doesn't let me changed video settings

Nyner4137

Trying to get started, game doesn't let me changed video settings

Post by Nyner4137 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:31 am

My video settings are off, screen res and other things. When I try changing them, the game freezes, my cursor is lost and I have to restart. None of the settings get saved when I come back. The game looks horrible, like worse than vanilla. unhappy_turtle

Fornow

Re: Trying to get started, game doesn't let me changed video settings

Post by Fornow » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:51 am

The settings are stored in the WTF subfolder of the World of Warcraft folder. You could try to looking at that and set the values you need by modifying the text. I'm sure there is documentation for it online.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:42 am

config.wtf is the file you want to modify in a text editor to get the video settings you desire.

Grantgrace

Post by Grantgrace » Fri May 06, 2022 10:11 am

The main reason for this problem is the lack of right to edit configuration files. If the game version is pirated, then the appearance of such an error is not surprising. Unfortunately, my video graphic card broke last week. The only thing I can do now is to find a calm and peaceful server to build my own world. You should check the properties in the destination folder where the game files are saved. You need to click on this file and select the properties tab in the open menu. I hope you will be able to find a way out.

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun May 08, 2022 7:13 pm

Grantgrace wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:11 am
The main reason for this problem is the lack of right to edit configuration files. If the game version is pirated, then the appearance of such an error is not surprising. Unfortunately, my video graphic card broke last week. The only thing I can do now is to find a calm and peaceful server to build my own world. You should check the properties in the destination folder where the game files are saved. You need to click on this file and select the properties tab in the open menu. I hope you will be able to find a way out.
I've NEVER had such problems with WoW and I've played on private servers since 2006-2007, I've only briefly played Classic in 2019 when it launched. I've switched many computers during the years or upgraded parts and I've NEVER had such a problem with WoW. Even tried playing the game on Linux a couple of times - zero problems.

I think it's people's system configurations that are causing these problems. Missing runtime stuff like Visual C++, dot.net, DirectX Runtime, faulty drivers, faulty hardware...

Huruh

Post by Huruh » Sun May 15, 2022 8:36 pm

I tried changing resolution which turned the game client black. I cannot launch the game anymore as the login screen is black. I tried changing the wtf files, but even when saving, these get reverted back to the black screen settings as soon as I launch it.

Fin

Post by Fin » Mon May 16, 2022 10:10 am

For black screen:
Go to your config.wtf file found in your wtf folder which is in your main wow folder
Add those lines:
SET gxWindow "1"
SET gxMaximize "1"
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Adiel

Post by Adiel » Wed May 18, 2022 7:01 pm

Tinyfin wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:10 am
For black screen:
Go to your config.wtf file found in your wtf folder which is in your main wow folder
Add those lines:
SET gxWindow "1"
SET gxMaximize "1"
This fixed my problem, thank you.

Dumont

Post by Dumont » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:51 am

OK I changed the config but I still can't get more than 1080. I am running dual mons. If I uncheck windowed mode I get the black screen and then have to restore the config to get back in.

Any help would be appreciated.