Turtle HD Project

Astricon

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Astricon » Fri May 19, 2023 8:25 pm

Hajache wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 7:20 pm
does anyone else have the same problem? when a paladin uses consecrate the aura on the ground it does not disappear, it is very annoying when up to 5 auras are staked in the same place or area
This should be fixed in the latest version of the patch-A in an un-announced update, so if you are experiencing this, please redownload and delete your WDB folder. If the issue persists, then let us know.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri May 19, 2023 8:56 pm

Someone recently said that deleting cache fixed it for them.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat May 20, 2023 2:14 am

********** UPDATE **********

New version of patch-A on the first post. Major spell updates and fixes for all Human, Dwarf, Orc, Tauren, High Elf, and Gnome donation shop skins, courtesy of Astricon and Tonky! This is still a WIP, and there may be some minor bugs, but rest assured that in time all the skins will be fully working on the HD patch.

Some slight tweaks to one or two Orc skins, a slight improvement to Tauren Spirit Walker, and an update for Night Elf and Troll donation skins is in the pipe. Stay tuned for updates!

Mrrosh

Post by Mrrosh » Sat May 20, 2023 10:38 am

Can you fix the Swift Brewfest Ram model? https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=40028

Canisus123

Post by Canisus123 » Sat May 20, 2023 11:09 am

My High elf using the dark ranger skin has a face now, but his mouth is a bit high up!

https://i.imgur.com/8W9zq3j_d.webp?maxw ... lity=grand

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat May 20, 2023 5:31 pm

Canisus123 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:09 am
My High elf using the dark ranger skin has a face now, but his mouth is a bit high up!

Already fixed in the next version currently being worked on!

Mrrosh wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 10:38 am
Can you fix the Swift Brewfest Ram model? https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=40028
It's on the to-do list!

Oran1

Post by Oran1 » Sat May 20, 2023 11:34 pm

Hey i seem to be getting this error when i try play my Tauren but i can make a new one and it doesn't crash... ?? Only the one i have already made seems to get this error.

Canisus123

Post by Canisus123 » Sat May 20, 2023 11:51 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 5:31 pm
Canisus123 wrote:

Already fixed in the next version currently being worked on!

Mrrosh wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 10:38 am
It's on the to-do list!

Glad to hear it!

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Sun May 21, 2023 5:30 am

Oran1 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:34 pm
Hey i seem to be getting this error when i try play my Tauren but i can make a new one and it doesn't crash... ?? Only the one i have already made seems to get this error.

can you post a picture of your crashing tauren from character select? and where is your tauren logging into? Orgrimmar?

Oran1

Post by Oran1 » Sun May 21, 2023 5:41 am

Astricon wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 5:30 am
Oran1 wrote:

can you post a picture of your crashing tauren from character select? and where is your tauren logging into? Orgrimmar?
Sure, I had to remove the hd textures to click on him if not it will just crash:

Kalbarakat1122

Post by Kalbarakat1122 » Sun May 21, 2023 8:26 am

Oran1 wrote:

I was getting that error a few days ago too but I just removed the files and redownloaded them and it seemed to fix it for me.

Hajache

Post by Hajache » Sun May 21, 2023 11:20 am

hello, the effect of area the consecrated has been fixed, but I have discovered other effects that don't disappear either..... the druid's tranquility effect doesn't disappear, the poison cloud that makes venoxis in ZG doesn't disappear either

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Sun May 21, 2023 12:16 pm

Oran1 wrote:

i get this out of memory error mostly at scholomance, MC or when someone uses anything that triggers this error in stormwind

i still feel that there is a model or texture from the compilation redmage did that has this error.
when i tried to convert the upscale pack from modelchanging from wrath to vanilla, i got this error.

maybe a corrupt blp texture, but that would take hours and hours to discover the real culprit.

Oran1

Post by Oran1 » Sun May 21, 2023 2:01 pm

Yea it's a bit weird that if i make a new character it's fine... so has to be a texture i guess that my character has that is doing this.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun May 21, 2023 2:15 pm

Canisus123 wrote:

This mod breaks the game, better not use it and it will work without a hitch. Before I tried to use the HD mod that only changes object and ground textures, but even that got boring. The Vanilla graphics look the best and it just works. Once I tried to have that mod that hides the bones on Forsaken, but each time Turtle WoW got some update, the mod would disappear and I would have to reinstall it, after the 2nd time I gave up and now I just play with the Vanilla graphics, because it looks the best and it just works.

Don't waste your time with these mods, every time Turtle WoW gets an update something in this mod will break.

Or...

Use it, if you have time to waste troubleshooting it and dealing with headaches, it's your life.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Sun May 21, 2023 8:19 pm

It doesnt break the game, i use both world textures and updated models for a month now, they dont break anything.

Eldritchknight

Post by Eldritchknight » Sun May 21, 2023 9:26 pm

What are the chances of getting things like heritage armor and the extra customization like hair styles, jewelry and leaves in the night elf hair.

How much do you guys plan on adding as far as the new weapons and armor from newer expacs?

thanks in advance.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Sun May 21, 2023 9:27 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 2:15 pm
Canisus123 wrote:

This mod breaks the game, better not use it and it will work without a hitch. Before I tried to use the HD mod that only changes object and ground textures, but even that got boring. The Vanilla graphics look the best and it just works. Once I tried to have that mod that hides the bones on Forsaken, but each time Turtle WoW got some update, the mod would disappear and I would have to reinstall it, after the 2nd time I gave up and now I just play with the Vanilla graphics, because it looks the best and it just works.

Don't waste your time with these mods, every time Turtle WoW gets an update something in this mod will break.

Or...

Use it, if you have time to waste troubleshooting it and dealing with headaches, it's your life.
It is in the nature of a WIP visual modding project to occasionally have bugs. I used this one while leveling my hardcore and did not encounter issues.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Sun May 21, 2023 11:38 pm

Oran1 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 5:41 am
Sure, I had to remove the hd textures to click on him if not it will just crash
Ok...if a tauren with the same exact appearance doesn't cause a crash, then it's possible it's one of your visible equipment pieces. can you try turning off the patch, removing all your equipment, and turning on the patch again? if that works, we know why.

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Mon May 22, 2023 1:03 am

Hello, i see new version update today :D any kin of changelog perhaps? keep the works guys you are amazing :D

Oran1

Post by Oran1 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:19 am

Astricon wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 11:38 pm
Oran1 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 5:41 am
Sure, I had to remove the hd textures to click on him if not it will just crash
Ok...if a tauren with the same exact appearance doesn't cause a crash, then it's possible it's one of your visible equipment pieces. can you try turning off the patch, removing all your equipment, and turning on the patch again? if that works, we know why.
Alright so i did that and now it works, i think it may have been the new version of the pack or not lol no idea but it works anyways :D

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Mon May 22, 2023 5:54 am

Faustorgo wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:03 am
Hello, i see new version update today :D any kin of changelog perhaps? keep the works guys you are amazing :D
I just make the content so I'm not sure what RedMageJoe has merged today, but the most recent changes are likely related to Turtle Shop skins. They should all be working now! Some are lower in quality than others but at least now they won't have broken faces!

Next update will certainly be custom NPC texture related. I just finished my first round of all custom Humans, so look forward to that soon probably. The rest of the custom NPCs will come shortly after as humans were BY FAR the largest amount of work comparatively (well them and High Elves but those I've already done)

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Mon May 22, 2023 5:56 am

Oran1 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 2:19 am
Alright so i did that and now it works, i think it may have been the new version of the pack or not lol no idea but it works anyways :D
Oh what a relief! Yeah there's some odd caching that happens sometimes that I run into myself and it's so annoying--something not related to the WDB folder and so the best thing you can do is to just move the patches around or re-download them until they work in that situation.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon May 22, 2023 8:10 am

********** UPDATE **********

A new version of patch-A is available on the front page! Semi-final version of all Turtle WoW Donation Shop skins (maybe some higher resolution retexturing in the future, but not top priority) for those of you who have waited for SO LONG and SO PATIENTLY. Massive thanks as always to Astricon for his hard work.

The NPC Reloading Campaign has begun! All Turtle custom human NPCs have had their PreBakedTextures fully redone. No more horrible-looking mis-textured faces! Humans and High Elves are now fixed, the majority of all mis-textured NPCs. Look forward to Dwarves, Orcs, Trolls, and more with future updates!

We are very quickly approaching a day where the Turtle HD patch will be indistinguishable in quality from an officially-supported graphics patch!

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Mon May 22, 2023 2:09 pm

I still wish for new hair and beards, but then it is 1.12

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Mon May 22, 2023 5:30 pm

Bittermens wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 2:09 pm
Theoretically possible but base game needs to add the options before HD patch can change them

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Mon May 22, 2023 5:33 pm

Astricon wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 5:30 pm
Bittermens wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 2:09 pm
Theoretically possible but base game needs to add the options before HD patch can change them
Didn't gnomes gain some new facial hair & hairstyles in previous patches on Turtle? I believe these things can be replaced to some Shadowlands hairstyles.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon May 22, 2023 5:36 pm

There are 4 or 5 Male Gnome facial hair options that are still broken/missing unfortunately, so that's the first thing to address before thinking about adding new assets.

Mustachiocat

Post by Mustachiocat » Mon May 22, 2023 7:04 pm

Rejectedgalaxy wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:55 am
Someone should go in and remove some of these changes. The WoD login screen is awful, so many ugly loading screens, and a lot of model replacements make no sense. I tried myself. Figured out how to remove the loading screens, but couldn't find some other things I really didn't like.
I agree, they are really ugly, Can you explain how you changed the loading screens?

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Mon May 22, 2023 7:13 pm

Where do you guys have different loading screens? I just have this Alliance one, no matter which Zone I am.

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Mon May 22, 2023 9:12 pm

Dhrazar wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:13 pm
Where do you guys have different loading screens? I just have this Alliance one, no matter which Zone I am.
there was another patch x or y i think few pages before this one, who makes your loading screens and intro looks like original vanilla , look for it :D

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon May 22, 2023 9:21 pm

Dhrazar wrote:
Whether you have Horde or Alliance loading screen depends on the continent. Kalimdor is generally the "Horde" loading screen (Kalimdor races) and Eastern Kingdoms is generally the "Alliance" loading screen (Eastern Kingdoms races). At least that's how the vanilla ones displayed, with just the races and no signage. I believe the HD patch essentially labels them as Horde and Alliance outright.

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Mon May 22, 2023 10:57 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:21 pm
Dhrazar wrote:
Whether you have Horde or Alliance loading screen depends on the continent. Kalimdor is generally the "Horde" loading screen (Kalimdor races) and Eastern Kingdoms is generally the "Alliance" loading screen (Eastern Kingdoms races). At least that's how the vanilla ones displayed, with just the races and no signage. I believe the HD patch essentially labels them as Horde and Alliance outright.
Ahhh okay. I always thought each zone had their unique loading screen back in vanilla. So was this a tbc thing?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 23, 2023 12:06 am

Dhrazar wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:57 pm
Ahhh okay. I always thought each zone had their unique loading screen back in vanilla. So was this a tbc thing?
This is the vanilla Eastern Kingdoms loading screen. This is the vanilla Kalimdor loading screen. It appears that the HD patch replaced those instead with the Champions' Hall loading screens.

Visagezero

Post by Visagezero » Tue May 23, 2023 5:41 am

I noticed the new undergarment textures for the dark elf skin persist when wearing equipment, and you can see it on a few select pieces of gear. Here's a comparison between a high elf and dark elf wearing a chest piece.