Turtle HD Project

Explorer101

Re: Turtle HD Project

Post by Explorer101 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:56 pm

Khmerthug wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:30 pm
HD mod is great but the update to the sounds makes it unbearable. There are some sounds like the rogue sinister strike that is way too loud it pierces the ear I am giving up on the mod until somebody reverts the sound back to the original.
I agree and I had to stop using it for this very reason. If we could get the updated .MPQ's with the old sounds that would be ideal. I didn't mind that much but it does get tiring after a while and I had a couple complaints in my YT videos/streams so decided to just revert back . A shame really.

Zhuaiz

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Zhuaiz » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:04 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:17 pm
Tzlol wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:05 am
Hi,

there is an issue that skill text not being displayed in the Chinese client

Could it be fixed?

Thanks a lot
We do not support Chinese clients nor will we make a compatibility patch for it.

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue that many of us in the Chinese gaming community are currently facing with the client. It appears that the skill text is not being displayed properly in the Chinese version.

Understanding that your team may not officially support Chinese clients, I would like to kindly request your consideration in addressing this matter. The Chinese gaming community has been growing rapidly, and many players are passionate about your game.

Having proper support for the Chinese client would not only enhance the gaming experience for existing players but also open up new opportunities for your game to reach a broader audience. As you may be aware, catering to diverse language preferences can significantly contribute to the success and popularity of a game.

I understand that creating a compatibility patch specifically for the Chinese client may not have been on your immediate agenda. However, I believe that by investing a bit of effort in resolving this issue, you can strengthen your relationship with the Chinese gaming community and foster a more inclusive gaming environment.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this request. I look forward to the possibility of improved support for the Chinese client in the near future.

Best regards

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:50 pm

Zhuaiz wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:04 am
Not happening. I haven't the time nor any motivation to work on something as labor intensive as this.

Saronsen

Post by Saronsen » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:30 pm

Hate to make a request, but is there a version without the music changes, or, is it simple for me to remove them myself?

Would love to use the patch but I'm not a fan of some music changes blizzard has done with expansions.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Dracarusggotham » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:59 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:50 pm
Zhuaiz wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:04 am
Not happening. I haven't the time nor any motivation to work on something as labor intensive as this.
Hey, I was thinking if it's possible for include in a future update the theme of the Stormwind Keep of MoP:

For the future only, IDK how you can include the songs and play them in game.
Last edited by Dracarusggotham on Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gautzilla

Post by Gautzilla » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:57 am

Explorer101 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:56 pm
Khmerthug wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:30 pm
HD mod is great but the update to the sounds makes it unbearable. There are some sounds like the rogue sinister strike that is way too loud it pierces the ear I am giving up on the mod until somebody reverts the sound back to the original.
I agree and I had to stop using it for this very reason. If we could get the updated .MPQ's with the old sounds that would be ideal. I didn't mind that much but it does get tiring after a while and I had a couple complaints in my YT videos/streams so decided to just revert back . A shame really.
Just read the readme... There's a section literally named I want the player character models and textures but I don't want the new spell effects and sounds.

Oranges

Post by Oranges » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:16 pm

It was actually pretty easy to remove the sounds and music from the patch, I followed the read me.
I want the player character models and textures but I don't want the new spell effects and sounds

Delete the following:

In the folder DBFilesClient: Spell.dbc, SpellVisual.dbc, SpellVisualKit.dbc, SpellVisualEffectName.dbc, and SoundEntries.dbc
The whole folder on the top level called "Spells"
The whole Sounds/Spells folder (not the whole Sounds folder, just the Spells one inside it)
This might mess up your dungeon entrance texture, but someone might figure out a solution to this soon
You CANNOT have the spell sounds update without the spell visuals update or vice versa. They are unfortunately tied together, so don't ask for this.

The music isn't right in some areas. I'd prefer the vanilla versions

In the Sound folder, delete the Music folder

So this file is just the changes listed above, I have no idea what im doing so I can't really help if there are any issues.

Khmerthug

Post by Khmerthug » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:06 pm

Oranges wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:16 pm
It was actually pretty easy to remove the sounds and music from the patch, I followed the read me.
I want the player character models and textures but I don't want the new spell effects and sounds

Delete the following:

In the folder DBFilesClient: Spell.dbc, SpellVisual.dbc, SpellVisualKit.dbc, SpellVisualEffectName.dbc, and SoundEntries.dbc
The whole folder on the top level called "Spells"
The whole Sounds/Spells folder (not the whole Sounds folder, just the Spells one inside it)
This might mess up your dungeon entrance texture, but someone might figure out a solution to this soon
You CANNOT have the spell sounds update without the spell visuals update or vice versa. They are unfortunately tied together, so don't ask for this.

The music isn't right in some areas. I'd prefer the vanilla versions

In the Sound folder, delete the Music folder

So this file is just the changes listed above, I have no idea what im doing so I can't really help if there are any issues.
thank you sir i will try this

Schwarzschild

Post by Schwarzschild » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:56 pm

How will this mod handle the revamped Goblin models/textures coming with patch 1.17.1?
Will it keep overriding them with the Cataclysm models or will they be singled out?

As it stands right now, I would have to do without all the Legion Character + World Models / Music Pack / Spell Effects if I wanted to have the new TWoW Goblin models of patch 1.17.1 :-/

Now that TWoW is doing their "own, proper" Goblin models, they should be integrated into this mod imo

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:20 pm

A Turtle staff member confirmed that this issue is not present with the vanilla graphics. You can find more information here: https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow- ... ssues/5651

----

Please, provide a clear description of what the bug is:

The bat is not centered on the screen whenever I take a bat flight. Instead, it's positioned off-center towards the bottom.

Here are a few screenshots:

When leaving Undercity through the sewers, my camera scraps the top of the sewer canal.

Exiting the Undercity sewers

Typically how it looks

Here's a 40-second video showing the problem. Notice how the camera moves downward after the flight ends:

https://www.veed.io/view/de93381b-7d8d- ... anel=share

This issue doesn't occur when flying on a Wyvern.

Steps to reproduce the behavior with as much detail as possible:

With the Turtle WOW HD patch install:
1. Visit Undercity and use a bat flight.
2. Observe that the bat's position is off-center, towards the bottom.

IDs of affected creatures, items, quests, or spells with a link to the relevant page:

NPC: https://database.turtle-wow.org/?object=58597

Expected behavior. Describe how it should work:

The bat should be centered on the screen.
Last edited by Korval1 on Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:25 pm

Korval1 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:20 pm
A Turtle staff member confirmed that this issue is not present with the vanilla graphics. You can find more information here: https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow- ... ssues/5651

----

Please, provide a clear description of what the bug is:

The bat is not centered on the screen whenever I take a bat flight. Instead, it's positioned off-center towards the bottom.

Here are a few screenshots:

Leaving Undercity through the sewers

Exiting the Undercity sewers

Typically how it looks

Here's a 40-second video showing the problem. Notice how the camera moves downward after the flight ends:

https://www.veed.io/view/de93381b-7d8d- ... anel=share

This issue doesn't occur when flying on a Wyvern.

Steps to reproduce the behavior with as much detail as possible:

With the Turtle WOW HD patch install:
1. Visit Undercity and use a bat flight.
2. Observe that the bat's position is off-center, towards the bottom.

IDs of affected creatures, items, quests, or spells with a link to the relevant page:

NPC: https://database.turtle-wow.org/?object=58597

Expected behavior. Describe how it should work:

The bat should be centered on the screen.
That problem has the same time existing as the sheathing weapons problem arose, so, it can take some time for be solved...if it has solution.
the Sheathing weapons was solved, so...give them time.

Rejectedgalaxy

Post by Rejectedgalaxy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:29 pm

Hey I'm not sure if you guys are implementing new models still but Dragonflight added new skeletons a patch or 2 ago. The skeletons I'm talking about are the ones that appear when you die and run back to your body. If it's possible to port models from DF to this project I'd assume it'd be one of the easier things to do since they're just static objects.

Schwarzschild

Post by Schwarzschild » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:43 am

The face textures of female Goblins and female Undead characters in the world are not visible using the HD mod with patch 1.17.1.

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:45 am

Seems a bit checkered 😄

Also, it sounds like a snake.

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:55 am

Unfortunately, the HD patch breaks the game in the new High Elf starting zone, Thalassian Highlands. I wasn't really bothered by the checkered cube boars with snaking hissing sounds, but the game froze after turning in the first quest. The issue was immediately resolved after moving the three HD patch files into a temporary folder.

Wideworld

Post by Wideworld » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:09 am

Without HD, I even don't want to play game sad_turtle_head

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:50 am

Wideworld wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:09 am
You can still play with the HD, it just might freak out on the new zone content...

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:36 pm

Korval1 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:50 am
Wideworld wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:09 am
You can still play with the HD, it just might freak out on the new zone content...
I'm thinking if I play without the HD cause...God, the High Elven area it's crazy, it's beautiful without it.

Papou

Post by Papou » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:16 pm

The dark dwarf skin is plain grey, with no eyes or details. Cheers!

Nib42

Post by Nib42 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:25 pm

Please delete human male legion model from the files and use the vanilla one instead. It looks really stupid and cartoony, all the animations etc.

Donald137777

Post by Donald137777 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:29 pm

hey guys thanks for the amazing models, i dont know if its asked before so pls forgive me,can you pls update horse mount models? like horses in bfa for example, level 40 horse models are still old ones, i know you are busy and again thank you! and oh like one of the horses in goldshire that is brown and has long hair.

sry for my english btw

Ragatho

Post by Ragatho » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:09 pm

any informations about update PLX?

Munra

Post by Munra » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:19 am

Does the 1.17.1 update invalids mod?
I've updated client and I have no hd mod thought the .mpq files are in the proper folder (/Data)

Munra

Post by Munra » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:28 am

Korval1 wrote:

How come? I recently update cliet and got up to date patches A,B,C (2023-11-28) and when i load game i dont see any HD just original models for everything.

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:42 am

Munra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:28 am
Korval1 wrote:

How come? I recently update cliet and got up to date patches A,B,C (2023-11-28) and when i load game i dont see any HD just original models for everything.
My comment above, "Unfortunately, the HD patch breaks the game in the new High Elf starting zone, Thalassian Highlands. ... the game froze after turning in the first quest. The issue was immediately resolved after moving the three HD patch files into a temporary folder."

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:24 am

Female goblins

I believe this issue relates to Turtle WoW updating the models so they don't precisely match the original vanilla female goblins. Which, TBH, goes against the spirit of vanilla WOW.
Last edited by Korval1 on Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:25 am

Munra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:19 am
Does the 1.17.1 update invalids mod?
I've updated client and I have no hd mod thought the .mpq files are in the proper folder (/Data)
You need to grab the files again and add them back.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:20 pm

Any news about the update?
I'm wanting to see Lor'themar Theron in HD hahaha.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:08 pm

I've been away for the holidays, and Astricon is on vacation. I will try my best to push an update that makes DBCs compatible with the new patch, but I cannot promise any HD versions of the new character customizations or even the new NPCs until Astricon returns.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:31 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:08 pm
I've been away for the holidays, and Astricon is on vacation. I will try my best to push an update that makes DBCs compatible with the new patch, but I cannot promise any HD versions of the new character customizations or even the new NPCs until Astricon returns.
Oh, no problem, take your time and enjoy the Holidays.
We can wait.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:57 pm

Everything is done with making compatibility fixes to DBCs, except for the ones that pertain to Character Sections... Turtle added a lot of new customizations, and changed goblins, and Astricon did extensive work with these files too, so... I'm a little out of my element.

I could release what I have right now, which fixes up Item Display issues, Sound Entries issues, Creature Display issues, and Spell issues, but I'd hate to have to ask people to download another patch later and deal with fucked-up Goblins in the interim.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:59 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:57 pm
Everything is done with making compatibility fixes to DBCs, except for the ones that pertain to Character Sections... Turtle added a lot of new customizations, and changed goblins, and Astricon did extensive work with these files too, so... I'm a little out of my element.

I could release what I have right now, which fixes up Item Display issues, Sound Entries issues, Creature Display issues, and Spell issues, but I'd hate to have to ask people to download another patch later and deal with fucked-up Goblins in the interim.
If there are too much issues, don't release it, I'm sure the people can wait until the update is complete.

Schwarzschild

Post by Schwarzschild » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:41 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:57 pm

Take your time, enjoy the holidays. Awesome work. People can deal with playing TWoW without HD for a week or two.

Sparrowolf

Post by Sparrowolf » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:07 am

Hey there Redmagejoe!

Love the HD project, I came across an oddity that I am not sure you are aware of or not yet with the newest patch, but the new custom recipes that were added, are unusable while running your patches. The recipes just show up with the name and "requires tailoring (75)" but when you right click it to learn it nothing happens at all. After removing the patches it shows up with the proper tooltip and description and I was able to learn the recipe.

https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=51277
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=51286

Here is the item numbers of the two I encountered though I know there was a few more recipes added. I hope the item numbers help to help better track them down. Hope the holidays goes great for you guys!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:42 am

Sparrowolf wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:07 am
The HD patch is not currently compatible with the new Turtle patch. The HD patch includes Spell and ItemDisplay data which has been updated, and thus you should NOT use the currently available version until a new version is pushed out.

Having said that, I may have a Christmas gift for everyone, so sit tight while I do some testing. Bear in mind, any WIP patch released will NOT necessarily fully support new NPCs or new character customizations.