Darkmoon Faire Games

Deekin

Darkmoon Faire Games

Post by Deekin » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:36 pm

The guards paw through their evening meal at Goldshire, 'gifted' to them by the innkeep for their stellar work protecting the inn from louts and drunkards...

A few jeers are thrown about, smiling faces abound and mugs smash into the tables as they sing rowdy shanties. One, however, sits quietly in the corner, hunched forwards on the stool with elbows on thighs. Nursing his ale and rubbing his neck while deep in thought, he lets out the occasional pensive sigh.

"'Ere, Marty!" One of the drunker guards begins. "What're ya sittin' by yourself for mate?"

He barely glanced up in response, only shrugging. "I... had my fortune read..."

"Who, Sayge? The furry thing? Don't listen to them, they are just cheap little pieces of paper... don't waste your silver in the Faire. Except fer the special reserve mead!"

"No!" he interrupts, "You don't understand. There's... someone new there. A... an elf, I think, though she has the greenest eyes, I've never seen anything like them before. And it's not like she looks at you, it's more like she looks into you." After a moment he takes a deep drink and wipes his mouth. "She said I'm going to lose someone important to me... soon."

The drunk spends no time at all recalling this to the group, who burst into laughter and coo.

"Sounds like Marty's admirin' the local elves! Hah, like 'em with ears so sharp they'll put your eyes out, do ya?"

Marty just shakes his head in disgust and grabs his gauntlets and helm, bounding into the darkening night. Scornful laughter echoes behind him, but outside is quiet and tranquil. The pale winter moon illuminates the paving stones, all the way to the tents outside Goldshire. He sighs. The fortune couldn't be real, could it? Maybe he should visit her again... the sun had barely set, she would not be asleep yet, surely. And he was a loyal guardsman of the realm, for Light's sake! He can go where he pleases!

With resolve, he refits his helm and strides towards the lilac faire tents, rising like giant toadstools from the darkened banks. The light to her residence was still on... a deep green hue that chills his bones as he gets close. A smell, like an electric sensation in his nostrils. A tune, an enchanting one...

The guards, the following evening, settle for their meal again. Mead flows amongst the belching and snorting, but that stool – that clandestine stool in the corner – remains empty.

(Coming very soon, a character to liven up the Darkmoonfaire and make it feel like... well... actually a faire! When in Elwynn, Fulvia will be offering RP in the form of seances (if organised beforehand), fortune telling (a real RP game with 16 possible outcomes), and tarot card reading (custom WoW-related tarots and an interpretation for your character! I have plans for one more choose-your-own-adventure style game in the works. Stay tuned!)
insidious_turtle

Bisbyhoughton

Re: Darkmoon Faire Games

Post by Bisbyhoughton » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:50 am

Very cool idea to liven up the faire!
Bebub Peoria - Undead Warlock and Dirt Enthusiast
Durgis Bak - Goblin Hunter and Preeminent Slacker

Deekin

Post by Deekin » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:30 pm

Starting Monday PM!

Fulvia will be available for the first time, offering Tarot card and fortune telling services (or impromptu RP).

If DMF is in Elwynn and Fulvia is not there, /w Deekin and i will come online to provide the service!

Deekin

Post by Deekin » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:42 pm

The time has come, the deck has been shuffled, the crystal ball shined, the runes ready and the mana flows freely.

Fulvia sits in her tent in Elywnn, awaiting any travelers.

RP minigames currently available:
Fortune-telling question and answers, 16 possible outcomes, ~15mins RP (depending on how detailed you answer)
Tarot-card reading - to work based upon rolls, with interpretation, visuals of the cards will be sent over Discord so you can see them too ^ ^

Going to make her available whenever the Faire is in Elwynn and I am online, so feel free to whisper me or pop by whenever! Today is her debut!

Deekin

Post by Deekin » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:38 pm

Much appreciation to those who attended her debut, more than 4 hours solid RP, was amazing.

If Fulvia is not online in the evenings when the Faire is in Elwynn, feel free to /w Deekin or DM me on Discord (Deekin Bearcat)

Keep being awesome turtles <3

Deekin

Post by Deekin » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:55 am

As Fulvia's head hits the pillow, medicated with peacebloom to help her sleep and overcome the shivers and pains of too much raw mana imbibed at once, she cradles her knees to her chest and murmurs a familiar little rhyme. It always manages to just calm her enough to make the pain bearable:

Into my soul the mana that thrills,
From the glowing spirit blows,
What are those sharp electric chills,
What floating, and powers are those?

It is the place of deep content
And I see it burning plain,
Those happy places where I went,
And torment me all over again.

(Will continue to update the thread with any particularly fun encounters ^ ^)

Goodwater

Post by Goodwater » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:49 pm

I saw you advertising the DMF games the other day. Sounds really cool and I'll try to drop in on one of my new Alliance toons!

Deekin

Post by Deekin » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:57 pm

The cards are put away, the mana-addicted lady rests.

Thanks to all who came, see you next week perhaps! ^ ^

Deekin

Post by Deekin » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:22 pm

Once more the Faire is in full swing! Fortune tellings and card readings abound!

Drop on by to Elwynn, Fulvia will be available most evenings 'til Sunday
(Whisper me or on Deekin, or Discord ping me if i'm no about!)

Deekin

Post by Deekin » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:08 pm

Once more the Faire is in full swing! Fortune tellings and card readings abound!

Drop on by to Elwynn, Fulvia will be available most evenings until the end of Saturday night.
(Be warned, using mana around her may not be the best idea...)