PVP Gear Item suggestions thread!

Jombo

PVP Gear Item suggestions thread!

Post by Jombo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:16 pm

Hello
I think we can all agree that the number of pvp items is, to say it mildly, very limited. Therefore I would like to make this a thread with all our suggestions for new pvp item rewards and other suggestions regarding rewards.

Here are all the ranks and rewards currently (taken from https://classic.wowhead.com/)
1 Private Scout
Private's Tabard/ Scout's Tabard

2 Corporal Grunt
PvP Trinkets:
Insignia of the Alliance/Insignia of the Horde

3 Sergeant Sergeant
Blue-Quality Cloak:
Sergeant's Cape/Sergeant's Cloak
10% Discount on goods/repairs from your faction's NPCs

4 Master Sergeant Senior Sergeant
Blue-Quality Necklace:
Master Sergeant's Insignia/Senior Sergeant's Insignia

5 Sergeant Major First Sergeant
Blue-Quality Bracers:
Alliance/Horde

6 Knight Stone Guard
Access to the officer's barracks
Knight's Colors/ Stone Guard's Herald
Access to Combat Mana Potion/ Combat Healing Potions

7 Knight-Lieutenant Blood Guard
Rare-Quality Set Boots:
Alliance/Horde
Rare-Quality Set Gloves:
Alliance/Horde

8 Knight-Captain Legionnaire
Rare-Quality Set Chest:
Alliance/Horde
Rare-Quality Set Legs:
Alliance/Horde

9 Knight-Champion Centurion
Alliance Battle Standard/ Horde Battle Standard

10 Lieutenant Commander Champion
Rare-Quality Set Helm:
Alliance/Horde
Rare-Quality Set Shoulder:
Alliance/Horde

11 Commander Lieutenant General
Access to PvP Epic Mounts: Alliance / Horde
Ability to talk in the WorldDefense Channel

12 Marshal General
Epic-Quality Set Gloves:
Alliance/Horde
Epic-Quality Set Legs:
Alliance/Horde
Epic-Quality Set Boots:
Alliance/Horde

13 Field Marshal Warlord
Epic-Quality Set Helm:
Alliance/Horde
Epic-Quality Set Chest:
Alliance/Horde
Epic-Quality Set Shoulders:
Alliance/Horde

14 Grand Marshal High Warlord
Epic-Quality Weapons:
Alliance/Horde

Post your suggestions below!

Jombo

Re: PVP Gear Item suggestions thread!

Post by Jombo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:18 pm

I may as well start myself with a 1. cosmetic change + 2. item buffs for rank 3, 4 & 5

1. make a distinction between texture of all lieutenant and marshal sets. Right now, rogue, warrior and paladin only have one armor set visually, which is kind of unfair as every other class has texture variations.

I suggest for warrior/pally: make the lieutenant set have a silver or bronze like look while keeping the marshal sets as they are - with the golden colour.

The Sergeant's cloak should exist in a spell dmg, spell heal and a AP version, the existing stats would stay and the added stats would be in the said categories and overall at the same level as the the Troll/Silvermoon reputation cloak. The same for Master Sergeant Neck and Sergeant Major bracers. This would only be a stat change and the addition of 3 different versions of each item.
The point of this: Giving a meaningful reason for lower lvls to pvp and for lvl 60 casual pvpers to play just a little more to get these items.

Leozan

Post by Leozan » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:53 pm

I’ll just copy what I posted in the previous pvp thread
Leozan wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:11 pm
I’d favor a more horizontal progression where the main divide against old and new players is mostly skill based than gear based.

As for a system implementation, I’d guess expand or retune gear stat/requirments. There could also be lv 60 custom crafting quests given by battlemasters that simply have players turn crafting mats to get low grade starter pvp gear for new players (even have it look low grade, basic red vs blue cloth/leather/mail/plate armor). *I’ll have a better example of this end of the week.*
Just giving a more precise update to what I mentioned last week. So for a while I've been creating a pitch for Steamwheedle Cartel faction armor/weapons here:viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2087&p=12698#p12698. I planned to create quests at lv 60 for each armor and weapon slot that would require players to turn in crafting mats to receive each item. I just copied the stats from basic green quality gear for low to mid lv 50's.

In relation to this topic rather than trying to adjust current pvp gear like I stated above, I figure it might be easier to create 30% (stat/effect)lower grade pvp gear obtainable through similar "crafting" quests at lv 60. The percent decrease will be scaled off the rank 6-10 Rare-quality honor rank gear. Nothing too crazy just reduce stats by the agreed % and reduce set bonuses and passive effects.

Below are a few basic examples for each armor type on how the gear can look in relation to faction colors. Like the Steamwheedle gear I mentioned earlier, fresh lv 60's with junk gear who want to pvp can accept these pvp crafting quests to outfit themselves. This can be a slightly more enjoyable alternative than suffering as cannon fodder for days/weeks against veteran players already geared out.

While they'll still be at a stat disadvantage to those veteran players, at least new players can all start off on an even footing. These quests will encourage pvper's to participate in pve by farming mats or dealing with pve crafters directly who might have the mats already. They can also serve as a boost for the AH economy depending on which mats are required to hand in (doesn't have to just be end game material).

CLOTH

LEATHER

MAIL

PLATE

*armor sets subject to change*
LEO'ZAN
Cartel Agent
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:32 pm

A very good idea. I like the visuals of those sets. I think, however, that at least sergeant rank should be required for half of it and master sergeant for the other. It takes two casual weeks to get to sergeant rank and one more to master sergeant, so it's not difficult at all and not time consuming either.

Leozan

Post by Leozan » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:40 pm

I was mostly considering these to be like basic entry sets, needing no rank just crafting material (hence the 30% stat reduction).

I feel creating this extra step so fresh 60 players with junk gear can step into their first bg with a reasonable standard minimum that wasn’t too far behind the rank 6+ gear players

I’d even make the armor cruder in appearance so there’s even more incentive to rank up to get out of the “hand me down” look.
LEO'ZAN
Cartel Agent

Leozan

Post by Leozan » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:41 pm

Sort of like cata’s pvp set from crafting professions, not bad but not great either (granted that was when resilience was a thing)
LEO'ZAN
Cartel Agent

Jacobhue

Post by Jacobhue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:21 pm

So, with the release of PVP gear and the patch before it, we now have armor and weapons with stats on them. Some of them are nice, some of them are not so nice. I'm going to make a list of items I would like to see added to the game! Please comment below with yours as well. www.omegle.fyi www.bazoocam.fyi www.chatrandom.one

I want to start with the pvp armor because it is what I know the most about. I'll also make a suggestion for each slot and section of the armor (i.e. boots, helm, chest ect.
Last edited by Jacobhue on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rakura

Post by Rakura » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:03 pm

Biggest thing to change is to allow better bonuses on the sets and allow hybrid classes to go after the other sets like what was done in later iterations of the game. IE druid can choose druid or Rogue set. Allow for spell damage or physical damage variants.

Also as I've already recommended in another thread getting exalted in every PVP battleground shouldn't be a thing. Server population is too small to support and speaking from experience its worse than going for R14. Suggestion on top of previous suggestion of allowing single token turnins for rep instead of 3 is to allow for a tabard for each BG that we can wear and rep goes towards that bg regardless of where we are at. In this way we can farm rep and build towards something.