“In Eranikus' Own Words”

Jiggs

“In Eranikus' Own Words”

Post by Jiggs » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:53 pm

The quest “In Eranikus' Own Words” abruptly ends at Umbranse the Spiritspeaker with the following completion message:
Itharius was wise to send you to me. While he is not dead as you understand death, Eranikus will soon give us advice in his own words. For now though, I cannot directly help you... at least not yet.

I will lend my skill at death-speaking to you, but first I need the help of one who - unlike me - is not limited by the frailties of old age. My most potent augury device has been taken from me against my will, and unless I have it back we will be at a loss to help Eranikus.
This text suggest that before we can continue we must find a amortal/immortal creature to aid us.

I suggest that a new quest, "Augur the Augury" is made available at Umbranse and completed at Haleh.

Description
To us mortals, she appears as a high elf mage atop Mazthoril. Yet her true nature is more akin to that of Eranikus and Itharius. Only she will be able foretell the events that have transpired, and where my augury device is now located. Seek her but beware - her brood grows restless in those caves.
Completion
I have been instructed to not interfere in the affairs of mortal, but Umbranse would not send you if this were the case...
This would lead to the next part in this chain, "The Furbolg Burglar".

Description
I see that it is near, in the grasp of a Winterfall furbolg. The ley lines and snowstorm interfere with the true image of this burglar. Go now, with haste, and return the device to this human spiritseeker.

And if you succeed in this retrieval, let Eranikus know that my flight and I are with him in whatever realm holds his spirit. Rest assured the roots and well are guarded by my brood, but dark silt stirs in the waters.
This item would have a low chance (~2%) of dropping from any Winterfall fubolg. Once found, the quest is completed back at Umbranse.
At last, at last! I shall not let it ever leave my sight again.

Magnificent but elusive creatures, are they not? No, not furbolgs... Dragons! Their aura is exhilarating.

Where were we? Ah, yes, the Consort of the Dreamer. His magic still clings to you. Hold still...
After a brief casting animation, Umbranse provides a new series of dialogue.
His voice was distant, lost, chained. I could not hear his screams. But there was another voice that becalmed my spirit with this:

Consort of the Dreamer
Prisoner of the Dream
Chained till the Gate is opened
A Tyrant to be Redeemed

What could it mean...? Only time will tell.
The quest would end here with a little more explanation (and a little less abrupt, hopefully). The only rewards along the way would be experience, but the final quest could also award [The Cleansed Essence of Eranikus] which would act the same as the trinket that was traded in, sans the dialogue.

The second purpose of this quest is to foretell of the Scepter of the Shifting Sands and Eranikus' appearance at that time (hence the riddle).

Further, this quest chain would build upon the lore of Hyjal and the Emerald Dream for future content. For instance, Mazthoril/Haleh is protecting the waters of the Well of Eternity, but demonic forces continue to taint this region. The Winterfall are maddened by Xandivious, and seek to prevent any aid to Eranikus and other dreamers. Ultimately, this would implicate content regarding Timbermaw Hold, the Barrow Deeps, Mount Hyjal, and eventually the Emerald Dream.

Thanks for reading!

Raukodor

Re: “In Eranikus' Own Words”

Post by Raukodor » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:37 pm

I did a suggestion some time a go about the unfinished chain quests and dissapointing rewards.

There are some cool quest that ends suddenly and leave the chain quest unfinished
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Tamamo-no-Bae

Post by Tamamo-no-Bae » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:08 pm

We're looking into finishing quest chains that were dropped like this.

Paw

Post by Paw » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:29 am

It's really good. I would have left it alone but reading through your post and finally sparing the time to go through the quest chain's descriptions as well I'm obliged to bow to both you and Raukodor. I humbly accept stoning for my ignorance! It was unfinished. I'm glad that the elegance, context and wording won me over and resulted in this scenario.

Honestly I don't know how I would improve what you wrote. The only one thing I can think of is that the burglar shall be strong enough not to be able to slay without at least 3 people with the augury device guaranteened on kill and I'd offer to have back the trinket in order to aid you in your fights until you manage to free him eventually (in a third quest leading back to Itharius?). [The Nightmare Manifests] (https://database.turtle-wow.org/?quest=8736) May it be cruel to do but the end justify the means.

On a different note: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1996. I'd like to make this happen but I can't do it alone. Aid me! We can input Haleh, the Nexus War and loads of blue dragons. Oethrain gone missing since he posted it but maybe he will come back if he sees that his idea is growing. Give it a read and decide! :)

Bricius

Post by Bricius » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:48 am

Definitely support this getting finished if it hasnt already. Shame it has such an abrupt end.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:14 am

Can you do something with the nightmare dragon portals and this quests.

Add a zone/dingeon/raid thaz can only be acceced trough the portals behind the nightmare dragons.

And this quest could be a perfect way to introduce players to it eventually

Kingawoo

Post by Kingawoo » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:56 pm

*Bump*

It would be very cool if this questline was an attunement questline that turned into the first and only 55+ raid. Just a thought.

Beertaster

Post by Beertaster » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:41 pm

Finishing the erikanus quest would be a pretty cool attunement for the upcoming Emerald Dream raid.

Balake

Post by Balake » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:45 pm

The upcoming patch has a reference to Eranikus in a spell https://database.turtle-wow.org/?spell=56510

Possibly used by Eranikus himself in the Emerald Dream raid

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:19 pm

I sold the eranikus trinket. If they do.something related please allow restoring it lol
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer